Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Watendlath replied on 06/06/2019 17:31

Posted on 06/06/2019 17:31

Me too, used the card 10 days ago with no problem but today declined with no reason given.

The email to Pump-King has not been answered.

Will anyone at the Club explain why cards are suddenly declined for no reason and what steps are being/will be taken to prevent this happening

Justus2 replied on 06/06/2019 18:36

Posted on 06/06/2019 18:36

I bought about £30 pounds worth from Esso on Sunday. I would normally expect the approval invoice by email on Wednesday. Its only one day late but it still hasn't appeared. Something doesn't seem quite right, I wonder if there has been another IT issue ? 

Peter Johnson replied on 10/06/2019 14:59

Posted on 10/06/2019 14:59

Another successful fill-up for my camper van today with my PK card. This week's regular diesel price of £1.258 a litre was a 14.1p saving on my local Esso pump price in Shrewsbury and 3.1p cheaper than the nearby Sainsbury's. I asked the Esso till operator whether there had been any problem with PK cards not being accepted after reading about recent issues mentioned by forum members. She said she had always been able to get them to work and suggested operator error might be a factor.

You do need to keep an eye on prices as the PK rate does vary. Regular and premium diesel seem to offer the best chance of saving money. Last week's unleaded petrol price of £1.315 was no cheaper than a couple of Esso stations in Stafford so I filled up our car at the nearby Asda at £1.267. This week's PK unleaded price has dropped to £1.262.

Your location is another factor. I was on holiday in the St Austell area last month and may have been able to save money if there had been an Esso station anywhere near. There wasn't. I found a cheap Gulf station instead.

BarLes replied on 10/06/2019 16:08

Posted on 02/06/2019 19:50 by OrionCalls

I used my pump king card for the first time on Thursday 30th May and all was completed at the garage without any problem and my card was accepted.

I’ve since tried to login to their website but it won’t accept my login details and doesn’t recognise my email address or mobile phone number. I’ve now realised that I didn’t receive a text message on Friday 31st telling me the costing for fuel from Monday 3rd June.

Has anyone else received the text with costs from Monday 3rd June?

Having read lots of the posts on this discussion I know the money isn’t taken from my account for a few days, can someone give me an idea how long it takes and when I can expect an email from them?

I will ring them in a few days if I haven’t heard!

Posted on 10/06/2019 16:08

I now have the same issue. No text prices for the last 2 weeks and unable to log in to my account or reset the password - email address not recognised. I have emailed PK but so far no response.

Have you resolved your log in dificulty?

OrionCalls replied on 10/06/2019 16:46

Posted on 10/06/2019 16:08 by BarLes

I now have the same issue. No text prices for the last 2 weeks and unable to log in to my account or reset the password - email address not recognised. I have emailed PK but so far no response.

Have you resolved your log in dificulty?

Posted on 10/06/2019 16:46

No still not resolved !

I did intend to phone them but the number on their letter that I received with my card is not recognised.

I emailed them on Tuesday 4th June but haven’t received a reply to date.

I still haven’t received any text prices messages either but I have filled up again on Thursday 6th June using the pump king card which was accepted.

Oh yes no monies have been taken from my bank account so effectively I haven’t paid for the fuel yet either !

OrionCalls replied on 13/06/2019 09:31

Posted on 10/06/2019 16:46 by OrionCalls

No still not resolved !

I did intend to phone them but the number on their letter that I received with my card is not recognised.

I emailed them on Tuesday 4th June but haven’t received a reply to date.

I still haven’t received any text prices messages either but I have filled up again on Thursday 6th June using the pump king card which was accepted.

Oh yes no monies have been taken from my bank account so effectively I haven’t paid for the fuel yet either !

Posted on 13/06/2019 09:31

I’ve still not received a reply to the email I sent to pump-king BUT

I have now received two emails detailing the two transactions I’ve made using my pump-king card, as a result of receiving these two emails I tried and have been successful in logging into my pump-king account.

I am looking forward to receiving the weekly text with fuel prices whiI assume will follow. 

It would of course be nice to have received a reply to my email!

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook