Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Rufs replied on 04/07/2019 10:04

Posted on 03/07/2019 10:14 by Ne10

Good morning everyone

This may have been covered previously and, if so, I apologise, but I thought you might like to know that I have just returned from a 2700 mile European trip, using Esso stations whenever possible.   The average saving using my Pump-King card, including conversion rates, was around 10p per litre!   It works very well across the Channel.

Posted on 04/07/2019 10:04

just returned from 3 months over there, when i left the Esso card was not valid, or should i say, there was some confusion as to whether it was valid or not, has something changed, did not see many esso stations in Spain but motoring up through France there seemed to be plenty. Do you get diesel at the quoted price on the weekly update ?. As a side, diesel in France is very expensive, saw it priced at euro 1.54, Spain is relatively cheap if you shop around 

bryshirl replied on 04/07/2019 12:09

Posted on 04/07/2019 12:09

Thought it was a good offer so I joined, received my Esso card but when I came to activate it it was not recognised by Pump-King.

Tried to phone them using the number on their headed notepaper but that number was not recognised. Sent an email to their customer service but not had a reply!

What is going on ? I was hoping to use this card when I tour in France later this month !

John4703 replied on 11/07/2019 21:52

Posted on 11/07/2019 21:52

I used mine three times for my last trip.  I filled up at Tebay Services on the M6 and the cost of fuel should have been £68.42 but with my Pump King card I paid £57.06 so saved £11.36 on 44.75 litres of diesel.  

It is a good saving.  Recently my local Esso station has been cheaper than local supermarkets if I use my card at Esso, and I get Nectar points.

kevinwarrington replied on 11/07/2019 23:01

Posted on 11/07/2019 23:01

I obtained a card when the offer was first announced. It took a while for the card to arrive, then it was replaced with a new card and I never got around to using it, mostly because the nearest garage to home is a supermarket and it generally has the lowest price and frequently special deals. Our last trip was from Hampshire to Scotland; further than we can possibly do without refilling at least once on the journey. On shorter trips, we refill during the stay. The big advantage as I see it with a card of this type is that you can fill up at motorway services (and equivalent) and pay within a penny or so of supermarket prices. And there generally isn't a queue - unlike some supermarkets where you have to queue to get onto the forecourt, let alone to a pump!

As far as I can see, it works well, We saved between 3p and 25p per litre on the pump price for branded fuel. It may just be a coincidence, but our fuel consumption while towing decreased from around 25mpg to 30mpg on similar journeys using Esso. Caravan is a Bailey Unicorn 3 Cabrera and tow car is a Mercedes GLC220d

Goldie146 replied on 12/07/2019 08:57

Posted on 11/07/2019 23:01 by kevinwarrington

I obtained a card when the offer was first announced. It took a while for the card to arrive, then it was replaced with a new card and I never got around to using it, mostly because the nearest garage to home is a supermarket and it generally has the lowest price and frequently special deals. Our last trip was from Hampshire to Scotland; further than we can possibly do without refilling at least once on the journey. On shorter trips, we refill during the stay. The big advantage as I see it with a card of this type is that you can fill up at motorway services (and equivalent) and pay within a penny or so of supermarket prices. And there generally isn't a queue - unlike some supermarkets where you have to queue to get onto the forecourt, let alone to a pump!

As far as I can see, it works well, We saved between 3p and 25p per litre on the pump price for branded fuel. It may just be a coincidence, but our fuel consumption while towing decreased from around 25mpg to 30mpg on similar journeys using Esso. Caravan is a Bailey Unicorn 3 Cabrera and tow car is a Mercedes GLC220d

Posted on 12/07/2019 08:57

decreased from around 25mpg to 30mpg

Increased?

JVB66 replied on 12/07/2019 09:08

Posted on 12/07/2019 09:08

We have used our Esso card for most fill/top ups on our recent eight week tour in the Uk and the price has been cheaper than supermarkets each time,the only time it was cheaper elsewhere was at Hawes which has/had the cheapest  diesel coolfuel in the UK at £1.24 per ltr 

we get a text on the friday and if the price offered is more the next week we top up before Sunday if it is cheaper we waitwink

CJDM replied on 12/07/2019 18:01

Posted on 12/07/2019 08:57 by Goldie146

decreased from around 25mpg to 30mpg

Increased?

Posted on 12/07/2019 18:01

If the mpg increases then the fuel consumption decreases wink

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook