Acorn Cottage, Goose Lane, Alby, Norfolk, NR11 7PSView on map
Why stay here ...
Swallow's Flight is a tranquil secluded sunny spot in the picturesque countryside of North Norfolk, just off the A140 and halfway between Cromer and Aylsham.
It is a spacious one acre flat lawned former paddock with fruit trees, daffodils and sunflowers.
Electric hook up and Wi-Fi available and well behaved Dogs are welcome.
Ideal for walkers, cyclist, tweeters, golfers and of course gastronomist. Many excellent restaurants and pubs close by. The coast is only 6 miles away.
Alby Crafts where you'll find a tea room and locally made artefacts is within walking distance.
There is a local Spar, Post Office, antique shop two pubs and a tea room, all found on Aldborough Green just 1.5 miles away.
Locally renowned Fish & Chips and a Chinese/Malaysian restaurant/take-way (which will deliver) are available in Roughton.
The nearest bus stop is just 1 mile along the lane where buses run to Cromer, Sheringham, Aylsham & Norwich City with a rail link to London and the national network.
Things to do:-
- Cromer Pier & Pavilion Theatre is grade II listed and offers all year round entertainment.
- Visit Norwich and its beautiful and ancient Cathedral where ghostly twilight tales and unusual spine chilling guided tours take place after dark.
- Hevingham Lakes offers the angler coarse and carp fishing and is located near Aylsham, Norfolk. Blickling Lake offers the angler coarse, carp and pike fishing and is also located near Aylsham.
- Why not enjoy a day on the Norfolk Broads, self-hire or organised from Wroxham, Stalham & Hornin?
- Bure Valley railway is a 15 inch minimum gauge heritage line which runs from Aylsham to Wroxham and is an 18 mile round trip. Cycling and walking enthusiasts could walk or cycle along the constructed footpath beside the line. Allowing all abilities to enjoy the Norfolk Countryside with several stations where you could take the train the rest of the way (Doggys welcome).
- Visit The Blickling Estate - it is one of Norfolk's top visitor attractions and is just a short drive from our site. The estate was once the home of the Boleyn family, and now encompasses nearly 5000 acres, with an impressive Jacobean house, a garden you'll want to try to recreate at home and parkland perfect for walking. It's a full day out.
- Holkham Hall - astounding wide open beaches where the Household Cavalry spend their annual leisure time and take their horses for a swim naturalists are again welcome in restricted areas.
- Blakeney Point - is a national nature reserve - why not take a local boat to see the famous seals?
- The Poppy Steam Train line runs from Sheringham to the picturesque Georgian market town of Holt.
- The Norfolk Lavender farm is in Heacham, where you'll enjoy seeing their World famous lavender gardens, oil distillery, national lavender collection and herb garden.
- Motorcaravans accepted subject to arrangement please check with the CL owner.
- Whichever direction you are coming from please do not arrive before 12 noon midday without prior agreement. We will ask you to leave before 11 a.m. if we've got others arriving on the same day. This is to avoid you meeting another guest on our narrow lane.
Latest arrival time: 8:00 PM
Electric amperage: 16
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- NR11 7PS
- Lat 52.85106 / Lon 1.262507
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest train station: Gunton
Log in to write a review