With distinctive buses, a fascinating recorded commentary and friendly staff, sightseeing has never been so much fun! Ho...View and Book
Gowthorpe Lane, Swainsthrope, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8PTView on map
Why stay here ...
Welcome to Vale Farm, Swainsthorpe CL. Our new site is situated in a pretty meadow on our smallholding. Surrounded by open countryside, all pitches are bathed in sunshine on bright days, with an abundance of wildlife to be seen (we have Swallows, Pied Wagtails, Blue Tits, Goldfinches and Barn Owls nesting on our farm).
We have two hard-standing pitches plus three grass pitches all of which have Electric Hook-ups and access to communal Chemical & Grey Waste Emptying, Drinking Water Service and Dry Waste/Recycling Points.
We are in a beautiful, quiet, rural location, yet we are lucky to have the following amenities within easy reach:
- Numerous countryside walks straight from site, including access to the newly created ‘Ketts-Country’ Circular Trail at Swardeston. (walks start from across the road from our farm entrance and are perfect for dogs. As always, please keep dogs on leads and closely supervise on site). For more adventurous walkers and cyclists, The Peddars Way long distance path runs from Thetford to Holme-Next-The-Sea. Another popular cycling trail is Marriott’s Way – a 26-mile footpath, bridleway and cycle route which follows the routes of two disused railway lines and runs between the historic market town of Aylsham and the medieval city of Norwich.
- 3 pub restaurants within 5-10 minutes: The Sugar Beat, Swainsthorpe, The World’s End, Mulbarton and The Marsh Harrier, Norwich.
- The Medieval City of Norwich with Castle & Museum, Cathedral, Covered Market and excellent range of shops, restaurants and leisure activities just 15 mins away.
- Tesco, Asda and local Co-op, (Mulbarton) supermarkets all a short distance away.
- The Norfolk Broads and beautiful coastlines nearby. (More info on our information board on site).
- ‘The Donkey Box Cafe’ serving coffee & croissants, plus other drinks and snacks on site – opening soon.
- See our donkeys, goats and sheep in adjacent fields (plus lambs in spring!).
We look forward to welcoming you!
Latest arrival time: 12:00 AM
Latest departure time: 11:00 AM
Electric amperage: 16
Great savings on days out
Offers available to Club members