Rakes Lane, Milford, Godalming, Surrey, GU8 5ABView on map
Why stay here ...
We are located just outside the village of Milford in Surrey, within the Surrey Hills area of outstanding natural beauty and with easy access to many miles of heath land and commons providing walking, running, cycling and riding routes with a number of beautiful villages and hamlets in the area. We are 5 mins from the A3 with driving journey times of 45 minutes to both Portsmouth and London.
The pitches are located in a south facing field with an open outlook to grassland and woods. The CL site is grassed and flat with electrical hook-ups.
The site is very conveniently located near to a mainline rail station (Portsmouth to London Waterloo) enabling trips to London’s theatre land and shops plus Portsmouth’s historical dockyard etc. Very close by (app 500 yds) is Marsh Farm Fishery, a large and renowned Carp fishery attracting anglers from far and wide. Milford Golf Club – Pay and Play, is also a few minutes walk up the lane.
Nearby attractions (15 minutes drive or less) include:
- Winkworth Arboretum (a National Trust property whose grounds and tea room are open all year round except 24 and 25 December).
- Busbridge Lakes(a Grade II heritage garden and parkland with over 130 different waterfowl, normally open on Bank Holidays).
- Loseley Park 16th century House & Gardens (open Sunday – Thursday afternoons for guided visits from April to September, shop and various events throughout the year).
- Watts Gallery and Watts Chapel (tea room and exhibitions throughout the year, open Tuesdays – Sundays).
- The Sculpture Park at Churt – over 600 sculptures which can be seen from two miles of trails in a wildlife inhabited arboretum (open all year round except 24 and 25 December) – plus there is a pub/restaurant situated just a few yards from the park.
- The Godalming Pocketboat Company run horse-drawn canal boat trips on the River Wey Navigation most days from Easter until the end of September.
For those interested in canals, just under 25 minutes drive takes you to the starting point for boat trips on a newly restored section of the Wey and Arun Canal (April to October) which is beside a village pub The Onslow Arms which serves reasonably priced hearty food.
Nearby towns are: Godalming with a good range of restaurants; Farnham offering restaurants and excellent shopping and Guildford which offers all of these plus a theatre where many shows open before moving to London.
Nearby facilities a ten minute walk away include an excellent butcher, wine merchant, Co-Op store as well as a farm shop which also hosts a farmers market on the third Sunday of the month. Alternatively, The Star pub is a 15 minute walk with a good, quiet restaurant, beer garden and outside children’s play area.
We also have a Hogroast and BBQ business if you fancied a party with fellow caravaners. We can also provide basic awning repairs…!
"some hardstandings now available"
Latest arrival time: 10:00 PM
Electric amperage: 16
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- GU8 5AB
- Lat 51.164061 / Lon -0.639238
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Guildford, Haslemere and Farnham
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest port: Portsmouth (38 miles)
- Nearest train station: Milford
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review