Brynberion, Crymych, Pembrokeshire, SA41 3TJView on map
Why stay here ...
Our CL occupies a sheltered site on the very edge of the Preseli Mountains in the heart of the Pembrokeshire National Park. A real treasure is the small gate from the site which opens directly on to the mountains and thousands of acres of open moorland. This is a delight for serious walkers but equally for those taking an evening stroll with the dog. Children love exploring and playing in the little streams.
The locality is rich in history. The famous burial stones of Pentre Ifan dating back to 3500 BC are 3 miles away. An equally important but smaller site is just a 400 yard walk from the site’s back gate. From here you can see in the distance, the remains of a huge hill fort and the outcrop of rocks where the Preseli blue stones were taken to form the inner circle of Stone Henge. Our children loved the lovely castle at Cilgerran (8 miles).
What to do
- Walking – North Pembrokeshire is a mecca for walkers from the serious to the stroller. The Pembrokeshire coastal path has 195 miles of footpaths with spectacular views.
- Beaches – There are a host of beaches to explore, from wide sandy ones at Newport (6 miles) and Poppit (9 miles) to small coves like the ones at Mwnt and Cym yr Eglywys.
- Sailing, canoeing – It is possible to launch a sailing dingy from the harbour at Parrog (6 miles) for sailing in Newport Bay. Canoes can also use the River Teifi which is navigable from Cenarth through the Cilgerran Gorge and Cardigan Town to the estuary at Poppit Sands. Canoe hire is available.
- Horse Riding – The Crosswell Horse agency (3 miles) is run by Carolyn Morgan who is a wonderful riding teacher for all ages and abilities. She taught all our children and is now teaching our grandchildren.
- Fishing – Sea fishing and coarse fishing on the Rosebush reservoir (5 miles).
- Golf – Beautiful links courses at Newport (8 miles) and Gwbert (12 miles).
- Bryncelyn Stable – We have converted a stable into a double bedroom with and en-suite shower room and a tiny bedroom with bunks. This can be hired by friends or family members staying on the site.
- Shopping – A convenience shop is available at the petrol station 2.4 miles away where you can also buy gas. The village of Newport (6 miles) has a range of shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. Cardigan Town (8 miles) has a wider range of shops with a Tesco supermarket.
- Group Bookings - We can give exclusive use of the site if you book for between 3-5 units. You can have fun and games and even a camp fire without disturbing others.
We have owned Bryncelyn for nearly forty years and, as teachers, were able to spend most school holidays here with our family. Ten years ago we moved here permanently. Our five grandchildren are now frequent visitors. It is very special to our family and we very much hope you will feel the same way about our home when you visit.
Latest arrival time: 8:00 PM
Some sloping pitches
Electric amperage: 10
Log in to write a review