2017 - Sandringham

tigerfish replied on 27/10/2016 10:04

Posted on 27/10/2016 10:04

We have been caravanning for close on 40 years, but have never rallyed.  As our caravanning draws towards its end the idea of attending the National, especially as it is at Sandringham does appeal, especially to the DCOS.  

However, I understand that there is no EHU facility.  In the past that would not in itself have been a problem, but now I have to have an air pump to assist breathing at night, - and that has to have a mains supply.  So I suspect that that will make it a no go. - Unless I have been given incorrect information and there is an EHU facility.

Can anyone confirm?

TF

replied on 27/10/2016 10:13

Posted on 27/10/2016 10:13

We have been caravanning for close on 40 years, but have never rallyed.  As our caravanning draws towards its end the idea of attending the National, especially as it is at Sandringham does appeal, especially to the DCOS.  

However, I understand that there is no EHU facility.  In the past that would not in itself have been a problem, but now I have to have an air pump to assist breathing at night, - and that has to have a mains supply.  So I suspect that that will make it a no go. - Unless I have been given incorrect information and there is an EHU facility.

Can anyone confirm?

TF

Write your comments here...We had EHU on last years National so it would surely be the same for 2017 too.  6 amp EHU.

replied on 27/10/2016 10:21

Posted on 27/10/2016 10:21

I just checked and it says a 25 metre cable is sufficient for connecting to EHU as most pitches are within that. So you will be able to have EHU, Tigerfish, from what I have read. 

Bakers2 replied on 27/10/2016 10:28

Posted on 27/10/2016 10:28

We attended at Belvoir and had electric, that was when we thought we needed it, we know we don't now. In your case tigerfish I'd put it on my booking form so if limited supply you take priority. So far its been our inky one. Hoping to make next years as we like the area as well as The National. Seems a shame that you've never experienced it, we did it quite early in on and recommend, even if it is only once.

brue replied on 27/10/2016 14:57

Posted on 27/10/2016 14:57

TF, there was an area set aside last year for anyone needing exta help, I know you're not disabled but I wonder if you would benefit from choosing that area to ensure you have good ehu access. If you decide to choose the main area we'd be together in the south west section which includes where you live. There is a nice get together for each section during the rally, we really enjoyed it, might see you there but undecided at the moment!

JayEss replied on 28/10/2016 10:36

Posted on 28/10/2016 10:36

As it's probably our last year of club membership we had the national down in our diary with final decision to be made when the CC announced what the inevitable tribute acts would be. 

They have and we won't be going Laughing

I hope everyone that goes has a great time. We love big events like this - just need to find one for that weekend now 

replied on 28/10/2016 12:58

Posted on 28/10/2016 12:58

As it's probably our last year of club membership we had the national down in our diary with final decision to be made when the CC announced what the inevitable tribute acts would be. 

They have and we won't be going Laughing

I hope everyone that goes has a great time. We love big events like this - just need to find one for that weekend now 

Write your comments here...We're not too bothered about the evening entertainment. We have enough late nights when working and so prefer early nights when on holiday. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook