2017 - Sandringham

JayEss replied on 28/10/2016 13:21

Posted on 28/10/2016 13:21

Live music is the main reason that we go to big events like this so if the entertainment doesn't appeal there's no reason for us to go. 

It does look good. I wish I'd gone as a day visitor a few years ago but I thought the pricing was a bit strong  

NickH replied on 29/10/2016 15:29

Posted on 29/10/2016 15:29

Just to makes sure the right message is getting out there about EHU.

in the past The National has provided both EHU pitches and Non EHU pitches, but over the years more and more people have been booking EHU pitches which has made it more difficult to lay out the EHU pitches and then try to fit very few Non EHU pitches in amoungst the others.

it was decided that Sandringham 2017 would be all EHU pitches. There will be no Non EHU pitches at the 2017 National.

Hope that clears up any confusion. Bookings go live on 31st October 2016. Demand is expected to be high, so you are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.

NickH

replied on 29/10/2016 20:04

Posted on 29/10/2016 20:04

Don't think we'll bother, just our luck to be near one of the huge generators. Sad

Write your comments here...I must admit the 6 amp output is a little restrictive but we thoroughly enjoyed it at Weston Park and we're looking forward to Sandringham particularly as we have never yet visited the Norfolk Broads.

Fozzie replied on 29/10/2016 22:25

Posted on 29/10/2016 22:25

Just to makes sure the right message is getting out there about EHU.

in the past The National has provided both EHU pitches and Non EHU pitches, but over the years more and more people have been booking EHU pitches which has made it more difficult to lay out the EHU pitches and then try to fit very few Non EHU pitches in amoungst the others.

it was decided that Sandringham 2017 would be all EHU pitches. There will be no Non EHU pitches at the 2017 National.

Hope that clears up any confusion. Bookings go live on 31st October 2016. Demand is expected to be high, so you are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.

NickH

Write your comments here...So this is why when I went to complete the advance booking form online it only showed electrical hook up pitches at a cost of  £95.00 .Was due to contact the Club Monday as I could not find non electric pitches.

Not sure, if this is correct, that I want to pay extra so something I do not really need.

Add in a couple of evening entertainments make this a very expensive 5 days.

Bakers2 replied on 29/10/2016 22:32

Posted on 29/10/2016 22:32

Wow how much? We have solar power, as do lots of folks these days. Want to go if its possible but like Frozzie not sure I want to pay for something I don't really want. Is it a retro step these days?? 

brue replied on 30/10/2016 08:37

Posted on 30/10/2016 08:37

That's how I feel too, lots of people near us last year were off ehu, we're quite happy with our solar panel. A retrograde, expensive step, leaning towards vans produced by the industry requiring too much power. It now sounds very expensive with all the other costs thrown in.

replied on 30/10/2016 09:06

Posted on 30/10/2016 09:06

We would have difficulty managing without electric. Our mobile devices all charge on electric, the aircon needs electric too and so does the microwave.

JayEss replied on 30/10/2016 10:38

Posted on 30/10/2016 10:38

That's how I feel too, lots of people near us last year were off ehu, we're quite happy with our solar panel. A retrograde, expensive step, leaning towards vans produced by the industry requiring too much power. It now sounds very expensive with all the other costs thrown in.

I agree with you that it sounds expensive. We paid £95 for two at a festival last year. All activities and entertainment included in the price and the organisers don't have the sponsorship that the CC does. 

The acts will have cost considerably more too. 

Havjng said that the National sells out every year and everyone seems to enjoy it so it looks like the CC is meeting demand from those that go  

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook