Be warned - Chestnut Farm Meadow

oakgrove camper replied on 29/12/2019 14:22

Posted on 29/12/2019 14:22

Having been a club member for 10 years you never know what to expect.went to Chestnut Farm Meadow about 4 years ago in the summer not a bad cl,booked for the 21st/28th dec told by the owner it was quite wet so he would put us on a hardstanding pitch.we got there no about to check in with only bit of hardstanding we could see had what looked like a new age traveller 7.5 ton lorry parked across it and in front of that was a car taking up the rest of the so called hardstanding,toilet looked like a run down stable.We ended up leaving as there was no room to park.place was really poor compared to 4 years ago.For a club cl it was a damn disgrace.TRY IT AT YOUR PERIL.

Moderator Comment - This is not a story as specified by the T&C's. I will move it to the CL section in discussions but you really need to create a review.

Wherenext replied on 29/12/2019 21:18

Posted on 29/12/2019 21:18

What a shame but latest review in October this year does say "Avoid..." etc. 

Can you leave another such review so that members who don't use the forum can be warned as well.

CLMaddie replied on 06/01/2020 12:16

Posted on 06/01/2020 12:16

Hi Chriscortes339

I am sorry to learn about your experience at Chestnut Farm Meadows.

Please could you contact Head Office at clresponse@camc.com with more information about your experience so we can look into this further. 

Thanks

Maddie

DavidKlyne replied on 07/01/2020 10:22

Posted on 06/01/2020 12:16 by CLMaddie

Hi Chriscortes339

I am sorry to learn about your experience at Chestnut Farm Meadows.

Please could you contact Head Office at clresponse@camc.com with more information about your experience so we can look into this further. 

Thanks

Maddie

Posted on 07/01/2020 10:22

Maddie

I am not sure the OP will see this as they originally posted this in the Story Section (I wonder if they intended it to be a review?) and I moved it to here. They have no history of posting on the forum. Could membership forward your message to them?

David

nelliethehooker replied on 08/01/2020 19:59

Posted on 08/01/2020 19:59

David, this is a problem that happens on a not infrequent basis...the moving of posts in the Story Section to specific sections of CT where occasional posters do not come back to view any responses. Isn't there any way of indicating where their post have been moved to, so that they can then follow them, without involving RO or others at HO?

ocsid replied on 08/01/2020 20:42

Posted on 08/01/2020 20:42

Does the "normal" tracking system follow these moved threads?

Logged on > Discussions > "Useful info" column > "My Profile".

That shows our "Latest activity" with a "view this discussion" option; the question is does this track these moves?

DavidKlyne replied on 08/01/2020 20:58

Posted on 08/01/2020 19:59 by nelliethehooker

David, this is a problem that happens on a not infrequent basis...the moving of posts in the Story Section to specific sections of CT where occasional posters do not come back to view any responses. Isn't there any way of indicating where their post have been moved to, so that they can then follow them, without involving RO or others at HO?

Posted on 08/01/2020 20:58

In my view no. People very rarely come back to answer any notes left and that is the main reason I have given up on it. Given the shortcoming of the forum software I think asking Admin to contact the member in question once in a while is probably the best approach. In an ideal world it would be useful to be able to move things to the review section when they have been posted in the wrong place but that is not possible. At least moving it to the discussion area also got it noticed which perhaps it wouldn't have been had it been left in the Story Section?

David

Rufs replied on 09/01/2020 11:13

Posted on 08/01/2020 20:58 by DavidKlyne

In my view no. People very rarely come back to answer any notes left and that is the main reason I have given up on it. Given the shortcoming of the forum software I think asking Admin to contact the member in question once in a while is probably the best approach. In an ideal world it would be useful to be able to move things to the review section when they have been posted in the wrong place but that is not possible. At least moving it to the discussion area also got it noticed which perhaps it wouldn't have been had it been left in the Story Section?

David

Posted on 09/01/2020 11:13

Dont often use CL's and not familiar with the management of CL's by the club, but my guess would be that somebody is responsible for inspecting CL's probably at start up and infrequently thereafter, so would it not cut out a lot of effort if the person responsible for this checking jumped in a car and paid said CL a visit?.

DavidKlyne replied on 09/01/2020 15:34

Posted on 09/01/2020 11:13 by Rufs

Dont often use CL's and not familiar with the management of CL's by the club, but my guess would be that somebody is responsible for inspecting CL's probably at start up and infrequently thereafter, so would it not cut out a lot of effort if the person responsible for this checking jumped in a car and paid said CL a visit?.

Posted on 09/01/2020 15:34

Well at least to add it to a list of sites needing a more frequent inspection by the  Club. If I recall correctly there as a similar sort of review of this CL in 2017, has it not been inspected since then? I would be interested to know what the inspection regime for CL's is, perhaps one of our contributing CL owners would like to enlighten us?

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook