2021 site price guide

TonyBurton replied on 24/12/2020 15:10

Posted on 24/12/2020 15:10

I've got my 2021 Site Directory. It says I should be able to download the 2021 Site Price Guide. I can't find how do it on the website. Any clues please?

Cornersteady replied on 29/08/2021 10:45

Posted on 29/08/2021 10:45

People often post that in the good old days there weren't as many price bands, perhaps just three, and it was far easier to work out a price. Well there were six in 1999 and personally I find going online far quicker than using these, and both had to be used to work out a price, not to mention adding on the appropriate EHH cost and other extras.

DavidKlyne replied on 29/08/2021 12:34

Posted on 29/08/2021 10:45 by Cornersteady

People often post that in the good old days there weren't as many price bands, perhaps just three, and it was far easier to work out a price. Well there were six in 1999 and personally I find going online far quicker than using these, and both had to be used to work out a price, not to mention adding on the appropriate EHH cost and other extras.

Posted on 29/08/2021 12:34

That looks as clear as mud!!! You can't tell me that people would prefer a version of the Enigma Code in preference to a few seconds search on the web page? Most of the people seemingly complaining about the lack of a price list seem very experienced tourers. As such they also probably know what sites are likely to be at the higher end of the price band, all a price list would do is confirm what they already know? The last site we went to was just over £31 a night after the VAT reduction. The next site we go to will be around £14.50 a night after VAT reduction, cheaper than most CL's, OK it has no toilet facilities which is fine by us and the low price is a bonus and to some extent serendipity because the location suits us. Most seem to plan their trips before they go so I assume they have plenty of time to look at prices. If they were using commercial sites they would have to check online as they would for a CL so why not a Club site. Do we really expect the Club to go to the expense of producing a price list which would only have limited appeal and probably waste valuable natural resources producing it?

David

nelliethehooker replied on 29/08/2021 21:01

Posted on 29/08/2021 10:45 by Cornersteady

Posted on 29/08/2021 21:01

However the price site guides that were issued prior to this year were in no way as complicated as that one you have pictured. At a glance one could compare prices, for any specific period, for all the sites in a chosen area without having to do dummy bookings for each site to find those that might meet ones budget for the period one might want to visit.

SteveL replied on 29/08/2021 23:21

Posted on 29/08/2021 21:01 by nelliethehooker

However the price site guides that were issued prior to this year were in no way as complicated as that one you have pictured. At a glance one could compare prices, for any specific period, for all the sites in a chosen area without having to do dummy bookings for each site to find those that might meet ones budget for the period one might want to visit.

Posted on 29/08/2021 23:21

Nellie if you just put the area into the site search form, it brings up all the sites in say the Cotswold area. Touch / click on view details and price guide for a particular site and it takes you straight to the details and prices. Hit the back button to return to the list and repeat for the next site of interest.

cyberyacht replied on 30/08/2021 09:50

Posted on 29/08/2021 10:33 by

With the number of price bands the site prices list would be immense. Not a flyer but a volume on its own

Posted on 30/08/2021 09:50

Evidence that the pricing structure has been devised by the 'bean counters'.

Why on earth sites with similar facilities can't all have the same pitch/adult rate, which often differ by a few pence instead of adding such unnecessary complication is beyond me. 

A price list would not then need to have the dimensions of "War & Peace".

Cornersteady replied on 30/08/2021 11:45

Posted on 30/08/2021 11:45

As I posted in another thread but applies here:

Actually I've noticed that many non club sites (details on request) also do not have a price list and the only way to get a price is to go through the booking route and see what is available when you want to go, and no indication of 'price bands' just the price you have to pay if you want to stay there on those dates. yes you can see when a cheaper price will occur but no idea of how it was arrived at.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook