Club AGM 2022

Tinwheeler replied on 14/10/2022 22:44

Posted on 14/10/2022 21:52 by basecampbloxy

Here is the link to vote.

Select the Chairman as your proxy and then vote against every resolution.

Make those responsible for the shambles of the booking system, deposits and destruction of the ‘Club’ and turning members into customers know they need to go.

https://www.mi-vote.com/secure/caravanandmotorhomeclub

Posted on 14/10/2022 22:44

Much as I dislike the recent moves, I think how we vote is up to the individual and perhaps it’s not right to attempt to influence others by telling them how to vote. 🤷🏻‍♂️

peedee replied on 15/10/2022 07:07

Posted on 15/10/2022 07:07

In my view it is wrong to take out the debacle of the introduction of the new booking system on those standing for office. They are all volunteers and have very little to do with the day to day operations of the Club. All they do is set policy, largely from feedback from members and in this case would have simply made the decision that the changes should be introduced. The nuts and bolts of how it was done would have been the responsiblity of the the paid staff, i.e. the DG and his team.

peedee

InaD replied on 15/10/2022 08:22

Posted on 15/10/2022 08:22

Despite the fact that we received an email about the AGM and voting procedures on the 29th of September, to date we haven't received the voting email.  I'll wait until the 18th, when reminders should be sent out, to see if we receive that email.

I did try the link posted above on this page; didn't work.  Apparently there is a Unique Voter Number?  Although the details to be filled in asked for membership number, title, first name, last name.  nowhere could I see where it asked for a voter number, tried twice.

Ho hum.

brue replied on 15/10/2022 09:18

Posted on 15/10/2022 07:07 by peedee

In my view it is wrong to take out the debacle of the introduction of the new booking system on those standing for office. They are all volunteers and have very little to do with the day to day operations of the Club. All they do is set policy, largely from feedback from members and in this case would have simply made the decision that the changes should be introduced. The nuts and bolts of how it was done would have been the responsiblity of the the paid staff, i.e. the DG and his team.

peedee

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:18

That's  rather implying that the "volunteer" committee members aren't  capable  and have no real involvement in decision making. Sometimes things need to change if nothing is being challenged.

Tinwheeler replied on 15/10/2022 09:24

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:18 by brue

That's  rather implying that the "volunteer" committee members aren't  capable  and have no real involvement in decision making. Sometimes things need to change if nothing is being challenged.

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:24

Agreed. These are the policy makers.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/10/2022 09:41

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:24 by Tinwheeler

Agreed. These are the policy makers.

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:41

Root & branch change is needed. Everyone in office(decision makers & managers) at the inception of the new system need replacing. They have displayed total ignorance & dereliction disrespect & discourtesy they have no part to play when dealing with a loyal & faithful membership who have & are still struggling to attain what they have pre paid for.

peedee replied on 15/10/2022 09:41

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:18 by brue

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:41

It's difficult to comment further because I/we do not know the degree of interaction between the DG and the Exec once a policy decision has been made. Was the new system presented to the Exec, one would hope so? Who signed it off, ect ect? From what we are made aware of the Exec and its committees seem to operate at arms length from the day to day running of the Club.

peedee

Goldie146 replied on 15/10/2022 09:53

Posted on 15/10/2022 08:22 by InaD

Despite the fact that we received an email about the AGM and voting procedures on the 29th of September, to date we haven't received the voting email.  I'll wait until the 18th, when reminders should be sent out, to see if we receive that email.

I did try the link posted above on this page; didn't work.  Apparently there is a Unique Voter Number?  Although the details to be filled in asked for membership number, title, first name, last name.  nowhere could I see where it asked for a voter number, tried twice.

Ho hum.

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:53

I had an email on 7th October, with a "VOTE NOW" button (linked to my memebership).

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook