Club AGM 2022

brue replied on 15/10/2022 10:09

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:41 by peedee

It's difficult to comment further because I/we do not know the degree of interaction between the DG and the Exec once a policy decision has been made. Was the new system presented to the Exec, one would hope so? Who signed it off, ect ect? From what we are made aware of the Exec and its committees seem to operate at arms length from the day to day running of the Club.

peedee

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:09

To quote a section from the way the club is run in the who we are statement,  "the committees play a pivotal role "

I have cast my votes via the email link. 

Tinwheeler replied on 15/10/2022 10:10

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:41 by peedee

It's difficult to comment further because I/we do not know the degree of interaction between the DG and the Exec once a policy decision has been made. Was the new system presented to the Exec, one would hope so? Who signed it off, ect ect? From what we are made aware of the Exec and its committees seem to operate at arms length from the day to day running of the Club.

peedee

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:10

Of course they're not involved in the day to day running of the club as that's what the employed people do. Think of it in terms of elected government and employed civil servants. One makes the policies, the other puts them into practice but, ultimately, the policy makers are responsible.

Hja replied on 15/10/2022 10:10

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:10

Didn’t need a voter I’d number, just memb number. I think there are two ways of voting.

As for whether one should vote against the exec com nominations, they have an overall responsibility for the Club. They should be aware how bad things are. They could have made some sort of statement. They could have ensured the paid staff made appropriate statements. None of this has happened. They do not have my confidence. So I voted against the lot. I did vote for the last (?) resolution to formally incorporate the facility for remote meetings.

We still seem to be waiting for information about joining the AGM remotely. They have said this will happen. From memory there is a limited number of “places” so need to register fairly quickly.

GTP replied on 15/10/2022 10:12

Posted on 15/10/2022 07:07 by peedee

In my view it is wrong to take out the debacle of the introduction of the new booking system on those standing for office. They are all volunteers and have very little to do with the day to day operations of the Club. All they do is set policy, largely from feedback from members and in this case would have simply made the decision that the changes should be introduced. The nuts and bolts of how it was done would have been the responsiblity of the the paid staff, i.e. the DG and his team.

peedee

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:12

Yes, they are volunteers...but as you say they set policy, largely from members feedback and as such....as a collective could simply resign en mass unless new management was put in place...that should set the alarm bells ringing...

Aside...any bets being offered the DG or any of his team will attend the club day at the NEC next week ?

Tinwheeler replied on 15/10/2022 10:19

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:41 by Rocky 2 buckets

Root & branch change is needed. Everyone in office(decision makers & managers) at the inception of the new system need replacing. They have displayed total ignorance & dereliction disrespect & discourtesy they have no part to play when dealing with a loyal & faithful membership who have & are still struggling to attain what they have pre paid for.

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:19

I think we have witnessed at first hand incompetency on many levels and it has revealed itself to a massive extent in recent months. It's a sad and bad time at present.

GTP replied on 15/10/2022 10:25

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:19 by Tinwheeler

I think we have witnessed at first hand incompetency on many levels and it has revealed itself to a massive extent in recent months. It's a sad and bad time at present.

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:25

+1....

LLM replied on 15/10/2022 10:45

Posted on 15/10/2022 07:07 by peedee

In my view it is wrong to take out the debacle of the introduction of the new booking system on those standing for office. They are all volunteers and have very little to do with the day to day operations of the Club. All they do is set policy, largely from feedback from members and in this case would have simply made the decision that the changes should be introduced. The nuts and bolts of how it was done would have been the responsiblity of the the paid staff, i.e. the DG and his team.

peedee

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:45

Whether you are a paid employee, a remunerated volunteer or an unpaid volunteer it is my contention that you must take the same responsibility for your actions or inactions.  I volunteer for two organisations; both unpaid positions.  In one I can on occasions be making life or death decisions for others.  I accept that responsibility and the consequences even though I don't have hands on control of the situations.  

peedee replied on 15/10/2022 10:47

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:10 by Tinwheeler

Of course they're not involved in the day to day running of the club as that's what the employed people do. Think of it in terms of elected government and employed civil servants. One makes the policies, the other puts them into practice but, ultimately, the policy makers are responsible.

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:47

But is the policy at fault or the impementation?  I think it is only the latter that has caused problems.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 15/10/2022 10:51

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:47 by peedee

But is the policy at fault or the impementation?  I think it is only the latter that has caused problems.

peedee

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:51

It matters not. The buck stops with the Exec Committee. They are the 'government'.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/10/2022 10:52

Posted on 15/10/2022 10:52

I think the tail might be wagging the dog to a certain extent, that’s why clearer information on decision making, what, why, how, when is needed at Member level. Information and communication is the key, and that key has gone missing if you ask me.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook