2017 Peugeot boxer low tyre pressure warning lamp

dougA replied on 12/03/2018 19:49

Posted on 12/03/2018 19:49

Hi I reduced my tyre pressure on my Peugeot for a softer ride. As the warning light comes on I have increased the tyre pressure back to where they were but the warning light and info on the dash still shows low tyre pressure.

i have looked everywhere for a reset button and then n the menu to reset but I am unable to find anything.

Does anyone know how I reset the tyre warning light so it goes off?

doug

Tinwheeler replied on 12/03/2018 20:25

Posted on 12/03/2018 20:25

Our warning light went out of its own accord once the tyre pressure was corrected, Doug. I think the sensors are ultra sensitive to even the slightest drop in pressure. Ours is also a 2017 model.

We have adjustable air suspension and can use that to alter the ride.

dougA replied on 12/03/2018 20:52

Posted on 12/03/2018 20:52

Thanks Tinwheeler, I’ve just inflated the tyres to the pressures on the cab plate but the low pressures are still showing on the dash. I have switched the ignition on and off but it’s still not reset. Maybe I need to go a wee run to see if it resets on its own accord.

PaulandKate replied on 12/03/2018 21:09

Posted on 12/03/2018 21:09

Go for a drive for about 20 to 30 mins they need a run to reset themselves 

The alarm comes on if the pressure drops by 10psi 

I dropped ours gradually to 72 rear and 68 fronts dropping 5psi per trip allowing the 20 mins driving between each adjustment 

Or book it in to peugeot and they can set them to whatever you want think I was quoted 300 quid 

dougA replied on 12/03/2018 22:42

Posted on 12/03/2018 21:09 by PaulandKate

Go for a drive for about 20 to 30 mins they need a run to reset themselves 

The alarm comes on if the pressure drops by 10psi 

I dropped ours gradually to 72 rear and 68 fronts dropping 5psi per trip allowing the 20 mins driving between each adjustment 

Or book it in to peugeot and they can set them to whatever you want think I was quoted 300 quid 

Posted on 12/03/2018 22:42

Thanks paulandkate. That’s confirmed what I was thinking after Tinwheelers reply. I will be out at the weekend so I’ll see what happens and then try reducing the pressure gradually as you say.

Thanks again Gents 👍

cyberyacht replied on 13/03/2018 08:18

Posted on 13/03/2018 08:18

I've just managed to get the light to go out on mine (2016) as well. The lowest I can get mine on the rears are 78psi. Based on axle loads I should be running at around 62 Front 68 Rears. There's no way I'm paying three hundred quid for a reset. surprised The choice is between always having a warning light on or the fillings being shaken out of my teeth.

BrianJosie replied on 13/03/2018 10:10

Posted on 12/03/2018 19:49 by dougA

Hi I reduced my tyre pressure on my Peugeot for a softer ride. As the warning light comes on I have increased the tyre pressure back to where they were but the warning light and info on the dash still shows low tyre pressure.

i have looked everywhere for a reset button and then n the menu to reset but I am unable to find anything.

doug

Posted on 13/03/2018 10:10

Hi there ,some TPMS systems reset themselves after about 40mls.Or there should be a step by step procedure in the handbook which takes only a couple of minutes ,if that.

Brian & Jo

hitchglitch replied on 13/03/2018 16:23

Posted on 12/03/2018 19:49 by dougA

doug

Posted on 13/03/2018 16:23

There has been a lot of discussion on Peugeot tyre pressures on various forums. It seems that the he warning indication is set to work with the pressures on the bulkhead inside the passenger door. Unfortunately these pressures are not necessarily the appropriate pressures for your vehicle and axle load. The only way to determine the best pressure is to take your fully loaded van to a weighbridge and check each axle. There is then published information for the make and size of tyres fitted. In my case I emailed Continental and got a very good response.

You will probably find that the recommended pressure is quite a bit lower than the Peugeot pre-set on at least one axle but you cannot alter the setting yourself. If you inflate to the Peugeot recommendation the warning should eventually reset. If not then it’s a fault with the system.

dougA replied on 13/03/2018 17:06

Posted on 13/03/2018 17:06

Hi  hitchglitch I was running with lower pressures than what the cab card says but the warning of low pressures is so annoying. I decided to inflate to what it was originally but the warnings stayed on. I searched the menu and looked for a reset button but as mentioned on here by a few members the 2017 model seems to reset itself after driving for a few miles or time.

Im with cyberyacht here and won’t be paying £300 for Peugeot to lower the warning pressure limit.

I be out on Friday so fingers crossed it will reset itself and the warning light will go off.

thanks again all for your replies 👍

young thomas replied on 13/03/2018 17:19

Posted on 13/03/2018 17:19

I realise it won't happen (though, is customer service still alive and well..?) but shouldn't the dealer (with Peugeots help if required) be setting these things to what the customer (paying, dearly) wants?

im so glad we don't have one of these things....can't you rip the wires out!?wink

hitchglitch replied on 13/03/2018 18:57

Posted on 13/03/2018 17:19 by young thomas

I realise it won't happen (though, is customer service still alive and well..?) but shouldn't the dealer (with Peugeots help if required) be setting these things to what the customer (paying, dearly) wants?

im so glad we don't have one of these things....can't you rip the wires out!?wink

Posted on 13/03/2018 18:57

It sounds daft, but the highly experienced people at the Autosleeper’s main factory workshop didn’t seem to have a clue. When I was last there I asked them to top up the tyre pressures as the warning had come on. They asked me what pressure I wanted then pointed to the Continental tyre which has an apparent pressure limit on it. When I researched this, Continental told me that the limit was for USA purposes and should be ignored in the UK. So, if the workshop doesn’t understand the problem I don’t have much faith in them feeding it back to the factory next door.

To be fair though, the correct pressure can only be determined in relation to the exact tyre fitted and the individual axle load when fully laden which will vary with the customer. Nevertheless there is a definite lack of knowledge amongst the dealers and service workshops. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook