2023 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 20/01/2023 11:57

Posted on 20/01/2023 11:57

Hi All,

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month in 2023 (and December 2022)

All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'. We now have a dedicated page on the website which will show the most recently opened CL sites and will be updated monthly.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you.

Thanks Maddie

CLMaddie replied on 20/01/2023 12:01

Posted on 20/01/2023 12:01

Hi All

The please see below a list of sites which opened and closed in December 2022.

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL siteSites with a * next to the CL name were previous sites that closed and have now decided to reopen as a CL.

Sites opened in December:

Sites closed in December:

• Aberdeenshire - Huntly - Fjord Inn
  • Derbyshire - Melbourne - Hill Byre
  • Herefordshire - Hereford - Kingfisher
  • Norfolk - Hunstanton - The Queen Victoria
  • Nottinghamshire - Nottingham - Wharf House
  • Oxfordshire - Oxford - Northfield Lodge
  • South Yorkshire - Sheffield - Wortley Hall

Thanks

Maddie

Wherenext replied on 20/01/2023 13:59

Posted on 20/01/2023 13:59

Thanks Maddie.

50% of new ones non EHU and interesting to see The Swallows being restricted to Campervans. Not something I've come across before. Each to their own.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/01/2023 13:05

Posted on 21/01/2023 13:05

It’s a very isolated tiny road WN, signed unsuitable for large vehicles. Only got three pitches so quite an unusual place. 

Sad to see Wortley Hall close as a CL, no cheap, but we had a lovel6 stay there back in June for a Wedding. I suspect there might be something like Glamping Pods going in there, would make sense to catch the wedding and celebration trade. I will keep an eye on it and report back.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/01/2023 14:30

Posted on 21/01/2023 13:05 by Takethedogalong

It’s a very isolated tiny road WN, signed unsuitable for large vehicles. Only got three pitches so quite an unusual place. 

Sad to see Wortley Hall close as a CL, no cheap, but we had a lovel6 stay there back in June for a Wedding. I suspect there might be something like Glamping Pods going in there, would make sense to catch the wedding and celebration trade. I will keep an eye on it and report back.

Posted on 21/01/2023 14:30

TDA

If you look at the Wortley Hall website it seems to be concentrating on a more upmarket hotel experience and perhaps they felt that was at odds with having either camping or pods on the same site? Given the history of Wortley Hall it seems that not all union members are in need of a pay increasesmile

David

Takethedogalong replied on 21/01/2023 16:45

Posted on 21/01/2023 16:45

I spoke to staff back in June DK, they said it was more to do with unwanted incursions by Travellers, but I have no doubt they can and will earn more income from Glamping pods. We stayed for three nights, and almost everyone on the CL was doing the same as us, there for a wedding, short turnover of stays. It’s a nice place inside, but boy do they know what to charge for weddings, as with most similar, every tiny little item was billed as an extra. Family said hotel rooms were nice, food certainly was. We would have gone back again to CL, even at £24 a night as it is on our doorstep for some great cycling.

MikeyA replied on 22/01/2023 14:25

Posted on 20/01/2023 13:59 by Wherenext

Thanks Maddie.

50% of new ones non EHU and interesting to see The Swallows being restricted to Campervans. Not something I've come across before. Each to their own.

Posted on 22/01/2023 14:25

I don't expect they will have many customers (if any) on a bank holiday weekend, £25 a night without electric is just crazy money. 

Richard12 replied on 22/01/2023 16:30

Posted on 22/01/2023 16:30

The Northfield Lodge is one of two on the farm. It would appear they have closed the non EHU site but retained the site with EHU. 

Have used the Northfield Farm EHU site, very nice.

CholseyGrange replied on 30/01/2023 17:17

Posted on 30/01/2023 17:17

The February edition of the magazine says that Valesmoor CL (Brockenhurst)  has been closed, but it remains in place on the club website at the present time.  Please clarify.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/hampshire/brockenhurst/valesmoor-farm/

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook