Certificated Location of the Year 2023 Winners

RowenaBCAMC replied on 17/10/2023 17:45

Posted on 17/10/2023 17:45

Your Certificated Location of the Year 2023 Winners!

πŸ† Best Certificated Location in England - Cholsey Grange CL - Caravan Site
πŸ† Best Certificated Location in Wales - Terfyn Mawr CL
πŸ† Best Certificated Location in Scotland and Northern Ireland - Landis Farm Certificated Location
πŸ† Most Unique Certificated Location - Abbotts View Alpacas
πŸ† Certificated Location Sustainability Award - Big Sky Brisley
πŸ† Best Newcomer Certificated Location - Betley Park Certificated Location

Hear from this year's winners πŸ‘‡

CL of the Year 2023

CholseyGrange replied on 18/10/2023 12:53

Posted on 18/10/2023 12:53

A huge 'Thank You' to all our visitors who voted for us.  We are deeply honoured to receive an award. 

The awards ceremony gave me the opportunity to meet some fellow owners from across the UK and was very well organised.

We look forward to meeting many returning visitors in 2024 and welcoming members to our farm.  We will keep our 2023 price of £25 per pitch through 2024.

Today we have received many messages from members congratulating us, and we thank you one and all.

Oneputt replied on 20/10/2023 15:34

Posted on 20/10/2023 15:34

We stayed on 2 of the winning sites this year and have to say I wasn’t overly impressed with one of them. Never mind each to their own

JohnM20 replied on 21/10/2023 10:10

Posted on 20/10/2023 15:34 by Oneputt

We stayed on 2 of the winning sites this year and have to say I wasn’t overly impressed with one of them. Never mind each to their own

Posted on 21/10/2023 10:10

Likewise, Oneputt. We have stopped on one of the winning sites and whilst it was quite acceptable we have stayed on a couple of others since that beat it hands-down.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/10/2023 11:04

Posted on 21/10/2023 11:04

Folks have different likes and dislikes😁 I am sure some of the CLs we love and treasure, others wouldn’t like at all.

I’d find it hard to vote for just the one anyway, as they are just so different. Last year, our best find was as basic as they come, a tiny little churchyard, hidden away, but with the most glorious of views, good firm grass, a tap, bin and CDP point. As much free fruit and veg as we wanted, from the harvest festival in the church. All proceeds from fees went to church upkeep. Lovely.

Well done to the winners.

GTP replied on 21/10/2023 11:15

Posted on 21/10/2023 10:10 by JohnM20

Likewise, Oneputt. We have stopped on one of the winning sites and whilst it was quite acceptable we have stayed on a couple of others since that beat it hands-down.

Posted on 21/10/2023 11:15

Ditto....and without naming, can honestly say we have been to several CL's which beat it hands down.. 

Tinwheeler replied on 21/10/2023 11:18

Posted on 21/10/2023 11:18

Perhaps getting in the winning list has a lot to do with some site owners canvassing customers to vote for them? 🀷🏻‍♂️

DavidKlyne replied on 21/10/2023 12:06

Posted on 21/10/2023 12:06

I find it a little disappointing that some posters seem to be negative about the winners. Whilst its unlikely that I would make use of any of them simply because they don't match my requirement of being near things I can perfectly see that for many they would be the idea places to stay. I would have thought it was in all our interests to promote the use of CL's and if this competition helps all power to it. I am disappointed almost on a weekly basis about the results of my local football team but I don't blame the other teams that winwink

David

replied on 21/10/2023 12:25

Posted on 21/10/2023 12:06 by DavidKlyne

I find it a little disappointing that some posters seem to be negative about the winners. Whilst its unlikely that I would make use of any of them simply because they don't match my requirement of being near things I can perfectly see that for many they would be the idea places to stay. I would have thought it was in all our interests to promote the use of CL's and if this competition helps all power to it. I am disappointed almost on a weekly basis about the results of my local football team but I don't blame the other teams that winwink

David

Posted on 21/10/2023 12:25

The user and all related content has been deleted

Tinwheeler replied on 21/10/2023 12:36

Posted on 21/10/2023 12:36

I stand by my words. I’ve been on CLs where the owners push you to vote for them. I’m afraid tactics like that have the opposite effect with me.

WTG, yes I believe you can. Wasn’t there a post from Ro a while back urging members to vote for their favourite CL of the year?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook