New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

young thomas replied on 25/01/2022 08:56

Posted on 25/01/2022 07:41 by SteveL

It would have to be exceptionally high wind to dissuade me.

I was much more easily dissuaded when I towed a caravan.🤔

Posted on 25/01/2022 08:56

Obviously, 'common sense' isn't that common round here...as we are definitely in the camp that doesn't find a stiff breeze a reason for cancelling a trip.

there will always be adverse driving conditions in the UK (wind, rain, frost etc) at any time of the year but a smaller MH doesn't seem to be too much affected by the above, unless 'extreme'.

there's a big difference between driving when it's 'windy' and in a storm..

...and, despite not having had a caravan, I'll go along with Steves post that using a MH is a different proposition to towing a caravan...they are affected to a different scale in adverse conditions.

this doesn't mean to say we will drive in anything...but we left the Blenheim Palace area at the end of November and on the morning we were due to leave, there was a snow flurry...our pals immediately decided to stay another day, but we were moving south to Brockenhurst and I checked the forecast for more southerly areas...a clear bright day.

we had only gone a few minutes down the A34 and the sun came out and it was just another sunny autumn day..

we've also hit some pretty heavy rain while driving down through France in winter time, but you can adjust speed etc to suit conditions.

there's not just an on/off switch..we (folk) adapt driving to correspond to changes in road conditions.

If everyone in the uk cancelled trips (not just to sites) based on our weather forecasts, no one would ever go anywhere..

brue replied on 25/01/2022 08:56

Posted on 24/01/2022 21:55 by brue

Although I've quoted the club's figures they do seem astronomical, could it be that an extra 0 has crept in?

Posted on 25/01/2022 08:56

I'm answering my own query here I see the club offers 18 million pitch nights a year so 950,000 cancellations is not as surprising as it might seem (to me.) But still a lot to recoup.

Arch replied on 25/01/2022 09:01

Posted on 25/01/2022 08:42 by

I dont know if this has already been covered  but it's just occured to me. My CAMC site bookings during the pandemic have been for around a week and each time put together with last minute cancelations , in one case 4 for a 7 night stay.  Would I now be paying 4 deposits?

Posted on 25/01/2022 09:01

I've done the same on a few occasions when not initially being able to book a full 1 or 2 weeks because a couple of days are fully booked and have spoken to many members that have done the same, will this be a risk worth taking when deposits are involved, I doubt it, this maybe a reason the ccc club has so many discounts and offers are they unable to fill all their pitches.

JollyKernow replied on 25/01/2022 09:03

Posted on 24/01/2022 20:57 by DavidKlyne

This is perhaps a question for JK, I have not sure its been discussed thus far but I may have missed it. So the question is what if you leave a site early? Currently if you leave a site early (not to go to a different site) you forfeit one nights site fees but get a refund for any days in excess of the one you forfeit. What happens in future? Logic would suggest that you no longer get any sort of refund. Is this how it will work under the new scheme?

David

PS I posted this in the other discussion in error, probably better here.

Posted on 25/01/2022 09:03

Morning

Straight answer DK, I'm not 100% sure. During the last training time the 72 hour rule was mentioned but I'm having brain fog and can't rememberyell. I'll go hunt through the reams of paperwork later and see if I can see anything.

JK

JollyKernow replied on 25/01/2022 09:07

Posted on 25/01/2022 08:42 by

I dont know if this has already been covered  but it's just occured to me. My CAMC site bookings during the pandemic have been for around a week and each time put together with last minute cancelations , in one case 4 for a 7 night stay.  Would I now be paying 4 deposits?

Posted on 25/01/2022 09:07

Morning

Good question AD. So, if as you say you do 4  bookings then it will be 4 deposits. If you amend your original booking it will still be one booking so one deposit.

JK

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 25/01/2022 09:15

Posted on 25/01/2022 09:07 by JollyKernow

Morning

Good question AD. So, if as you say you do 4  bookings then it will be 4 deposits. If you amend your original booking it will still be one booking so one deposit.

JK

Posted on 25/01/2022 09:15

That’s common sense JK thanks from me👍🏻

replied on 25/01/2022 09:17

Posted on 25/01/2022 09:07 by JollyKernow

Morning

JK

Posted on 25/01/2022 09:17

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 25/01/2022 09:24

Posted on 25/01/2022 08:56 by young thomas

Obviously, 'common sense' isn't that common round here...as we are definitely in the camp that doesn't find a stiff breeze a reason for cancelling a trip.

there will always be adverse driving conditions in the UK (wind, rain, frost etc) at any time of the year but a smaller MH doesn't seem to be too much affected by the above, unless 'extreme'.

there's a big difference between driving when it's 'windy' and in a storm..

...and, despite not having had a caravan, I'll go along with Steves post that using a MH is a different proposition to towing a caravan...they are affected to a different scale in adverse conditions.

this doesn't mean to say we will drive in anything...but we left the Blenheim Palace area at the end of November and on the morning we were due to leave, there was a snow flurry...our pals immediately decided to stay another day, but we were moving south to Brockenhurst and I checked the forecast for more southerly areas...a clear bright day.

we had only gone a few minutes down the A34 and the sun came out and it was just another sunny autumn day..

we've also hit some pretty heavy rain while driving down through France in winter time, but you can adjust speed etc to suit conditions.

there's not just an on/off switch..we (folk) adapt driving to correspond to changes in road conditions.

If everyone in the uk cancelled trips (not just to sites) based on our weather forecasts, no one would ever go anywhere..

Posted on 25/01/2022 09:24

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidKlyne replied on 25/01/2022 09:52

Posted on 25/01/2022 08:56 by brue

I'm answering my own query here I see the club offers 18 million pitch nights a year so 950,000 cancellations is not as surprising as it might seem (to me.) But still a lot to recoup.

Posted on 25/01/2022 09:52

Brue

Seems to be about 5% which doesn't sound too bad to me either!!! I suppose that figure would grow to, perhaps, 10% if you allowed for the fact that not 100% of pitch nights will be booked. Maybe a more worrying aspect of those figures could be that, having and extra 5/10% of pitches possibly available is that really going to solve the availability problem?

David

Twos more then one replied on 25/01/2022 10:16

Posted on 24/01/2022 19:54 by Arch

And it’s not just a small minority of ‘block bookers’ who are cancelling, almost half of all members who make a booking each year make at least one amendment or cancellation too

It just goes show that almost half of all members are using the system as it's designed to be used, the club would be well and truly broke without them and not in the financial secure postion it's in now.

Posted on 25/01/2022 10:16

The system is a good system ,unfortunately it relies on human nature not to abuse the system, and their lies the problem 
The system has design faults .which relies on all members not abusing those flaws ,and practical real world application of the system, has shown many members do abuse those flaws   

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook