New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

peedee replied on 11/04/2022 08:37

Posted on 11/04/2022 08:37

I have just looked back at the magazine articles about the new system. The first item was published in November 2021 and every subsquent edition up until March. (nothing in the April Mag!) The only reference to delivery is "the first half of 2022"

peedee

JVB66 replied on 11/04/2022 08:49

Posted on 09/04/2022 16:47 by Prescot46

I am currently on the Brighton site for 5 nights.  I have been trying to get on this site for this weekend, marathon weekend, for about 6 months.  Each time I looked there was no availability.  About 4 weeks ago a random check turned up a vacant pitch that I booked immediately.  A check a week later showed no availability.  It is now Saturday and nearly 5 pm and it is very disappointing to see numerous pitches vacant. The sooner non-refundable deposits are brought in the better 

Posted on 11/04/2022 08:49

It does not surprise me that pitches are available for on a Saturday as those who wanted a weekend had been unable to as the Friday  was full with those who went home on Saturday after a longer stay ,it happens on many sites

Finish work Friday  pack Saturday travel Sunday,leave the following Saturday 

JVB66 replied on 11/04/2022 08:56

Posted on 11/04/2022 08:37 by peedee

I have just looked back at the magazine articles about the new system. The first item was published in November 2021 and every subsquent edition up until March. (nothing in the April Mag!) The only reference to delivery is "the first half of 2022"

peedee

Posted on 11/04/2022 08:56

Another time my post was correct ,when I posted that it would be in  dought for aprilwink

RichTeaBiscuit replied on 29/04/2022 09:08

Posted on 29/04/2022 09:08

I fully support the new system. The way it is at the moment is infuriating. We have a young family and it's just not practical to book a year in advance, but we also need to plan ahead so can't head out at the drop of a hat. 

We normally book a few months/weeks ahead. As you can imagine many of the good locations are booked up, so we have to make alternative plans. As I'm a glutton for punishment I usually check the original sites a few days before we go. There is always availability. every. single. time. 

It's infuriating. 

Jogon replied on 02/07/2022 23:10

Posted on 02/07/2022 23:10

Coming to this  discussion somewhat late in the day but in any case.

Personally speaking, 20% is too much deposit, our annual sojourn (of sorts) with the increased amount year on year would make our deposit almost £200 and we book as far in advance as we can for our usual haunt, I'd rather the £200 in my pocket for the year as opposed to siting in the clubs bank account.

Furthermore, it's really annoying when new policies are mooted/introduced with the tagline 'we've listened to you'   as it's usually quite clear that little of what is being introduced is via feedback after 'listening to members'  never are the stats released as to just how many have wanted a particular idea implemented.  It's not just the club, it's the same everywhere, eg. Banks 'we've listened to you and we're bringing in charges for etc etc'  yeah right.   So, for me I don't buy that the majority opinion is listened to...

As for the deposit system, there is no doubt there are those 'serial bookers' who book just about every site going in an effort to secure their pitch only to cancel prior to the cut out so as to avoid the dreaded letter of doom from the club re late cancellations....and it's those members that can and often do spoil it for others who can't get the pitch. Chatsworth Club site was one such site that suffered from that.

So as has been suggested in the thread on a few occasions it's the minority that spoil it for the majority.....as is usual.

With a little more thought would not a simple solution have been to allow members to book multiple sites but apply the 1 strike (late cancellation) and you're out, thus from that point on for say a further 5 bookings they'll have to stump up a deposit on each occasion? easy enought to implement via the software, would require minimal intervention from Club staff and uber easy to code into the booking system?  Job done!

I like the Club, I don't use our membership to it's full advantage but the club, it's sites just works but over recent years it does seem a little more regimented than it once was and ok so it's still fun to use, reliable and trusted but don't alienate your members that adhere to all that is asked of them on the back of those that do not.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook