Isn't this getting a bit boring now?

moulesy replied on 05/01/2023 19:43

Posted on 05/01/2023 19:43

As if yet another prime time weekend show fronted by Ant & Dic wasn't bad enough, I understand the highlight of ITV's weekend will be an interview with a rather whingey, highly privileged, publicity shy ginger haired guy? A guy who was so publicity averse that he emigrated with his family to keep them out of the public eye but now finds it convenient to plug his ghost written biography as a follow up to his self publicising 6 part revelatory series on a popular streaming  channel? Do we really need to know that his older brother had a bigger bedroom when they were boys, or pushed him over so that he got scratches on his back.

Think it's time to wish the guy and his family the very best of luck in their new life in the States, but, for goodness sake, please just leave us to get on with our lives at a difficult time for all those of us not lucky enough to have the same advantages! yell

Rant over! laughing

mickysf replied on 09/01/2023 15:34

Posted on 09/01/2023 11:41 by moulesy

"However, at the heart of the tragedy is the greed and attitude of the press and the media who rub their hands in glee as seemingly countess willing folk show a morbid interest in the antics of the main protagonists in this story."

Whilst I agree that the press and media have revelled in this nonsense, micky, it is more than noticeable how the pair of them are quite happy to use the press and media when it suits them whilst at the same time professing a wish for privacy. It's a situation entirely of their own making.

Posted on 09/01/2023 15:34

I’m sure you are right, M but I think they really believed that this was the only available means of reply. The press offered no support or advice but that’s not their business is it, money is. I’d go as far as to say they, the media, actively encouraged and engineered much of the fiasco. 

Tinwheeler replied on 09/01/2023 16:26

Posted on 09/01/2023 16:15 by JohnM20

Apparently, according to BBC news at lunchtime, approximately 20% more people watched Happy Valley on BBC than the interview on ITV aired at the same time.

Posted on 09/01/2023 16:26

Yes, I saw that too. It says a lot.

I watched Jack Ryan save us from WWlll. It was much more believable than the Harry interview🤣🤣🤣

Rowena replied on 09/01/2023 16:50

Posted on 09/01/2023 16:50

Hi everyone, as we've had a number of posts reported and this verges on our political guidelines, I'm closing this discussion. Thank you to all those who have contributed constructively.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook