Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Cornersteady replied on 21/11/2021 10:36

Posted on 21/11/2021 10:36

Fresh unrest has erupted in the Netherlands against new lockdown rules amid rising Covid-19 cases in Europe.
People hurled fireworks at police and set fire to bicycles

Setting fire to bicycles? That's going a bit too far in my book!

InaD replied on 21/11/2021 10:56

Posted on 21/11/2021 10:36 by Cornersteady

Fresh unrest has erupted in the Netherlands against new lockdown rules amid rising Covid-19 cases in Europe.
People hurled fireworks at police and set fire to bicycles

Setting fire to bicycles? That's going a bit too far in my book!

Posted on 21/11/2021 10:56

As a Dutch national I can vouch for the fact that bicycles outnumber cars so probably an easier target 😁

Fisherman replied on 21/11/2021 13:00

Posted on 21/11/2021 13:00

Seems the Covid admin is in a mess. We both had our 3rd jabs two weeks ago. Yesterday both received letters saying we were vulnerable and would get another letter with a 3rd  jabbing date. All the details were entered on to a NHS computer when we had the jabs. What went wrong and do we need a letter saying we will get another letter? I do admit it is Betsi Cadwallader Board who is in and out of Special measures all the time "Admin" gone mad.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/11/2021 13:09

Posted on 21/11/2021 13:00 by Fisherman

Seems the Covid admin is in a mess. We both had our 3rd jabs two weeks ago. Yesterday both received letters saying we were vulnerable and would get another letter with a 3rd  jabbing date. All the details were entered on to a NHS computer when we had the jabs. What went wrong and do we need a letter saying we will get another letter? I do admit it is Betsi Cadwallader Board who is in and out of Special measures all the time "Admin" gone mad.

Posted on 21/11/2021 13:09

Because we went to a walk in centre as soon as we were qualified but after the event  I got a text and Margaret got a letter inviting us to our booster jabs. I think its just a delay in the admin, the NHS is not renown for having a joined up computer system!!! When Margaret had her bypass operation and was still in ICU I noticed a nurse printing off loads of documents, I assume to do with Margaret. I asked her why she was printing so much and she said the systems don't talk to each other!!! Margaret was only about to move to the floor above!!! All this was in the, then brand new Heart Centre at John Radcliffe in Oxford.

David  

DSB replied on 27/11/2021 18:13

Posted on 27/11/2021 17:57 by scoutman

Here we go again?????

Posted on 27/11/2021 18:13

Sad news today about the new South African variant.  Stay safe everyone else....

David

heddlo replied on 27/11/2021 18:21

Posted on 27/11/2021 18:21

I was glad to hear about masks being made compulsory again in shops.  This should never have been relaxed so soon.  We have walked out of many due to being packed and no masks in evidence.  Fingers crossed they will soon get more information about this new variant. 

InaD replied on 27/11/2021 18:30

Posted on 27/11/2021 18:21 by heddlo

I was glad to hear about masks being made (mandatory??) in shops again. We have walked out of many due to being packed and no masks in evidence.  Fingers crossed they will soon get more information about this new variant. 

Posted on 27/11/2021 18:30

Same here, had to nip in Tesco for a few bits today, didn't linger, but did notice that very few people I did pass in store wore masks, I was definitely in the minority. 

Will apparently have to wait for an announcement from the Health Secretary "in the next day or so" about this; Bojo was somewhat vague on the subject, but then, he's vague about a lot of things surprised

replied on 27/11/2021 18:35

Posted on 27/11/2021 18:30 by InaD

Same here, had to nip in Tesco for a few bits today, didn't linger, but did notice that very few people I did pass in store wore masks, I was definitely in the minority. 

Will apparently have to wait for an announcement from the Health Secretary "in the next day or so" about this; Bojo was somewhat vague on the subject, but then, he's vague about a lot of things surprised

Posted on 27/11/2021 18:35

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 27/11/2021 18:43

Posted on 27/11/2021 18:43

Looking at a report on the BBC, it looks as though the Netherlands have done UK a big favour. Flight from Cape Town to Amsterdam, (ultimately destined for Manchester) was held at Schifol, hundreds tested and I think it was 60 positive cases found. Not sure on variant, but all are in quarantine I think. Fingers crossed it’s not the new Omicron🤞

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59442149

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook