Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

replied on 09/12/2021 20:44

Posted on 09/12/2021 20:44

Content has been removed.

young thomas replied on 09/12/2021 20:46

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:57 by brue

He could indeed JVB and you can imagine our worry.

Posted on 09/12/2021 20:46

Brue, get a 6' 8" mate to persuade him...

brue replied on 09/12/2021 20:55

Posted on 09/12/2021 20:55

He's a lovely lad in all respects, it's like a one person rebellion...I'm hoping he'll slink off and get it done. wink

young thomas replied on 09/12/2021 21:02

Posted on 09/12/2021 20:55 by brue

He's a lovely lad in all respects, it's like a one person rebellion...I'm hoping he'll slink off and get it done. wink

Posted on 09/12/2021 21:02

Our vanning buddies have children and grandchildren who 'just won't' despite our pal being in the health service for many years...just can't understand it.

I see some bar charts being touted about the ratio of likelihood of real sickness between those that are and those that are not...

alongside that should be what JVB mentioned upthread...the detail (every night on the news) about those admitted to hospital...and and sadly those who died..with the numbers of non based against those vaxed. Might sharpen the mind.

add in the covid pass restrictions (really tightened up....bars, restaurants, perhaps) and we might see some movement...carrot, not stick....but a very large carrot.

young thomas replied on 09/12/2021 21:06

Posted on 09/12/2021 21:06

I thought David wrote his comment in response to this..

."This virus, awful though it is, is not in the same league."

I felt this was belittling the Covid impact, which, as M tells us himself, couldn't be further from the truth...it's a bad 'un this...

let's get jabbed and use the pass to make things uncomfortable for those who won't (not can't) conform..

Cornersteady replied on 09/12/2021 21:07

Posted on 09/12/2021 21:02 by young thomas

Our vanning buddies have children and grandchildren who 'just won't' despite our pal being in the health service for many years...just can't understand it.

I see some bar charts being touted about the ratio of likelihood of real sickness between those that are and those that are not...

alongside that should be what JVB mentioned upthread...the detail (every night on the news) about those admitted to hospital...and and sadly those who died..with the numbers of non based against those vaxed. Might sharpen the mind.

add in the covid pass restrictions (really tightened up....bars, restaurants, perhaps) and we might see some movement...carrot, not stick....but a very large carrot.

Posted on 09/12/2021 21:07

I agree with you, carrots (and perhaps backed up with explanations/examples as you say) always, always, work way better than sticks.

replied on 09/12/2021 21:07

Posted on 09/12/2021 21:07

Content has been removed.
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook