Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

replied on 09/12/2021 16:22

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:18 by Rocky 2 buckets

What you did is your concern, if you gave permission then she obviously couldn’t, other folk who don’t need others making their decisions will resist violently probably(I’ve seen them fighting the Police over masks) it will end very badly trying to force a lot of folk to be vax’d against their will.

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:22

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

cyberyacht replied on 09/12/2021 16:38

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:38

R2B wrote "The anti vax folk who are also anti maskers are the biggest worry"

I would imagine that to a large degree they are synonymous.

As for Brue's grandson, I can imagine the DJ'ing environment would be the near perfect petri dish.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 09/12/2021 16:38

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:22 by

Unemployment without benefits  might concentrate minds.

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:38

The Govt isn’t willing to do that to help Farmers or the dire need for Truck drivers so I doubt that will happen either. Best we just protect ourselves & not go OTT👍🏻

moulesy replied on 09/12/2021 16:46

Posted on 09/12/2021 14:49 by Rocky 2 buckets

Compulsory vaccination will never work. Once you get to the hardcore selfish & uncaring ones how will it work getting them vaccinated🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s a nightmare that I will never support. Make it uncomfortable for them to get away with it but not arrest & physically vax against their will that is not acceptable.

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:46

Agree 100% with that.  Although I can't begin to understand why folk (who are medically able to) would refuse the vaccination, making it compulsory would be the thin end of a very dangerous wedge and one can only imagine the precedent it might set for future governments to introduce similar compulsions. Putting limitations on what the unvaccinated can get involved in is far more likely to be persuasive.

moulesy replied on 09/12/2021 16:52

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:22 by

Unemployment without benefits  might concentrate minds.

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:52

Don't go putting ideas like that into this government's head - I'm sure they'd jump at the chance of introducing that sort of "populist" measure! wink

Wherenext replied on 09/12/2021 16:52

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:52

There is no need for general introduction of compulsory vaccinations but targetted ones where staff are dealing with the most vulnerable in society should be made to have them. I'm thinking of medical staff and care home workers.

It's far easier to bring in restrictions to cramp ones lifestyle. Let's face it 20-30 years ago smoking on public transport and indoors in pubs and restaurants was the norm but these were banned on Public Health Grounds and are virtually followed by the population as a whole nowadays without trouble. Smokers are more aware of the problems associated with passive smoking. We also wear seat belts and have restrictions on drink driving. Once again driven by a general understanding from the public of a need to reduce injury and death, not just to yourselves but also to the public, albeit after many years of publicity and medical facts telling the truth.

At the moment though there is a credibility issue with this Government and it is far too easy to ignore their advice so rather than rest on the good will of the populace some restrictions need to be introduced to segregate the non vaccinated from those who have had their jabs and have places where only those prepared to have vaccines can go.

replied on 09/12/2021 17:05

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:52 by moulesy

Don't go putting ideas like that into this government's head - I'm sure they'd jump at the chance of introducing that sort of "populist" measure! wink

Posted on 09/12/2021 17:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 09/12/2021 17:08

Posted on 09/12/2021 17:08

Content has been removed.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 09/12/2021 17:14

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:46 by moulesy

Agree 100% with that.  Although I can't begin to understand why folk (who are medically able to) would refuse the vaccination, making it compulsory would be the thin end of a very dangerous wedge and one can only imagine the precedent it might set for future governments to introduce similar compulsions. Putting limitations on what the unvaccinated can get involved in is far more likely to be persuasive.

Posted on 09/12/2021 17:14

Exactly-if you want a revolution that’s the way to start it👍🏻

moulesy replied on 09/12/2021 17:37

Posted on 09/12/2021 17:37

"When I was born Smallpox vaccination was compulsory, anybody think that was a mistake?"

But smallpox, although still a virus, was of a completely different order of magnitude wasn't it, killing something like 30% of those who contracted it (I just had to look that up!) This virus, awful though it is, is not in the same league. frown

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook