What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

moulesy replied on 16/08/2018 20:36

Posted on 16/08/2018 20:36

Finally got round to upgrading my phone contract today - it's only been due since February! wink

They were desperate to let me have a new phone which seemed to do everything short of making me a cup of tea in the morning, but I like the one I've got - easy to use, great camera, I can even use it to talk to folk a long way away! So in the end they let me just upgrade the package -  10 times the amount of data, (So I can keep up with CT when we're on those remote CLs), 1000 minutes of calls (I probably use about 40 ) and unlimited texts - and 50p cheaper a month!

Off to nephew's wedding tomorrow, in Bushey, weather was dreadful today apparently but forecast is good for tomorrow afternoon, so fingers crossed. smile

brue replied on 16/08/2018 20:56

Posted on 16/08/2018 20:56

Enjoy the wedding Moulesy. Glad to hear Houghton is still up to scratch Millie, we did the walk to St Ives last time, I do hope they can retain the bus as I don't think I'd do it again (nice but tiring on return!) Hope all goes well for Mr H's op and he doesn't have to wait too long.

Very quiet and peaceful here, have tidied up all the Lego from just about every available surface, put stuff away and nearly got some space back in one room at least. OH can now get some DIY finished without someone stepping in it or borrowing tools! wink

Wherenext replied on 16/08/2018 21:05

Posted on 16/08/2018 21:00 by moulesy

Enjoy? Well, yes, the wedding, but I think Mrs M is expecting me to be dancing at some stage! surprised

Posted on 16/08/2018 21:05

Videos!! We need a video so that CT members can either vote you back in or accuse you of "Dad dancing".smile

Oneputt replied on 16/08/2018 21:19

Posted on 16/08/2018 21:19

Wet journey to the CL, did the basics to set up van and then retreated inside the van to watch the grass turn green.  Rain finally stopped at 3pm so went out to Weeting Heath, didn’t see a single bird of note so after half hour I gave up and returned to the van.smile

milliehull replied on 16/08/2018 21:28

Posted on 16/08/2018 20:56 by brue

Enjoy the wedding Moulesy. Glad to hear Houghton is still up to scratch Millie, we did the walk to St Ives last time, I do hope they can retain the bus as I don't think I'd do it again (nice but tiring on return!) Hope all goes well for Mr H's op and he doesn't have to wait too long.

Very quiet and peaceful here, have tidied up all the Lego from just about every available surface, put stuff away and nearly got some space back in one room at least. OH can now get some DIY finished without someone stepping in it or borrowing tools! wink

Posted on 16/08/2018 21:28

We usually walk in and bus back brue but we had to walk both ways last time when we discovered there were no buses. That was a test of strength! We caught the bus in as well this time just to make sure it was actually running. Ah the lego. I remember it well especially sifting through the vacuum to make sure I hadnt vacuumed any up!! 

DSB replied on 16/08/2018 22:45

Posted on 16/08/2018 21:00 by moulesy

Enjoy? Well, yes, the wedding, but I think Mrs M is expecting me to be dancing at some stage! surprised

Posted on 16/08/2018 22:45

Enjoy Moulsey.  We'll be looking for the dancing video or even photos?  😃😉

David 

KjellNN replied on 16/08/2018 22:50

Posted on 16/08/2018 22:50

" Kjellnn sounds like you're enjoying being needed, it's great to be able to help when it's appreciated. Shame you don't think you'll get away in the caravan but it will be nice to see your sister when she visits."

Yes, it is nice to be needed, but DD does realise that we will not always be here to help, so she is keen to learn how to do things herself.  She is already better than me at painting and wallpapering, can apply silicone sealant very neatly, lay laminate flooring, assemble flat pack furniture, and learned how to do tiling when we did her kitchen at the old house.

Being a software and electronics engineer, she is well up on ethernet, telephone and TV cabling, and we will be covering mains wiring soon as the new place needs a few alterations.

Plumbing is next as there will be the bath to install and a radiator to move, and she has now learned about waste disposal units.

There will be a crash course in woodwork too if she decides on the oak skirtings and facings, and a lesson on how to hang a door.

Her main problem at the moment is that the wee lad is going through a "clingy" phase and just wants to be carried around by her all the time, which she is finding very frustrating as she wants to be doing things like crawling under the floor to look at the wiring and plumbing!

DSB replied on 16/08/2018 22:51

Posted on 16/08/2018 20:56 by brue

Posted on 16/08/2018 22:51

When we did St Ives a few weeks ago we parked at Leland Saltings and went in by train.  It was a good way to do it.  £8 for 3 adults return (I think its the same price for 2 or 4 adults.  We enjoyed the journey.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook