What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 17/01/2019 20:33

Posted on 17/01/2019 18:50 by Wherenext

Beautiful day but boy was it cold. Had a bracing walk this afternoon.

This morning spent buying food. Man strolling around Tesco in shorts and T-Shirt.😌 Honestly, wait until he gets to 30, he'll regret it.

Posted on 17/01/2019 20:33

He must have been a Newcastle United Supporter!! wink Glad you enjoyed your walk. WN.

Hope OH is ok, B2, and not suffering from concussion. I suggest he has a few days in bed just to be on the safe side.laughing

It froze over night here but we woke to a bright sunny morning. OH got last load of washing out on the line by 9:00 and we headed into town for odd jobs and to restock the freezer for our time at home. Washing was nice and dry by the time we got home. After lunch I managed to get the dirt washed off the van and it rinsed down, but the water was freezing on the roof so had to abandon my proper cleaning. Forecast is not promising for the next few days so maybe I'll just have to leave that till it gets a bit warmer and concentrate on the inside stuff.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/01/2019 20:51

Posted on 17/01/2019 20:32 by HelenandTrevor

Woke this morning to a dusting of snow surprised and it was very cold.

My throat is still sore and ache all over,  so feeling a bit sorry for myself. cry Came home from work early as I couldn't concentrate.

Have now sorted our holiday in May, so it's something to look forward too.smile

Brue: sorry to read about your ankle , sounds very painful, take care. Made me smile though when you described your OH falling and being wrapped in the curtains. smile

Posted on 17/01/2019 20:51

Sorry to hear about your throat, Helen. Hope that you are not coming down with Flu. A large hot toddy might just ease the pain. 

Where are you heading off to in May, and what did you think of Blackwell Hall?

HelenandTrevor replied on 17/01/2019 21:06

Posted on 17/01/2019 20:51 by nelliethehooker

Sorry to hear about your throat, Helen. Hope that you are not coming down with Flu. A large hot toddy might just ease the pain. 

Where are you heading off to in May, and what did you think of Blackwell Hall?

Posted on 17/01/2019 21:06

Thanks Nellie,  we enjoyed Blackwell Hall, I've just done a review,  it's a CL we will use again. 

We are heading to the Yorkshire Dales in May. 

DavidKlyne replied on 17/01/2019 21:42

Posted on 17/01/2019 18:50 by Wherenext

Beautiful day but boy was it cold. Had a bracing walk this afternoon.

This morning spent buying food. Man strolling around Tesco in shorts and T-Shirt.😌 Honestly, wait until he gets to 30, he'll regret it.

Posted on 17/01/2019 21:42

There was a guy in Waitrose this morning attired in shorts and it was cold outside. What was slightly puzzling was he had a thick bobble hat on! Obviously a believer in the theory that most heat escapes out the top of your head!!!

David

brue replied on 17/01/2019 21:45

Posted on 17/01/2019 21:45

I have never seen our postman in anything except shorts, even off duty in the pub. His legs are covered in tattoos, perhaps they keep the cold at bay? wink

Wherenext replied on 17/01/2019 22:06

Posted on 17/01/2019 21:45 by brue

I have never seen our postman in anything except shorts, even off duty in the pub. His legs are covered in tattoos, perhaps they keep the cold at bay? wink

Posted on 17/01/2019 22:06

I hope you mean that you haven't seen him wearing anything but shorts as legwear and not as it reads, Brue.surprised

KjellNN replied on 17/01/2019 22:26

Posted on 17/01/2019 22:26

Here in Glasgow we seem to have avoided the bad weather, though it has been quite cold, down to -2 degrees last night.  Today was bright but pretty chilly.

Work continues at “the house”, the tiling in the en suite bathroom is now complete, meantime, and I have been working on the boxing in of the hopefully no longer leaking drain pipe from the roof above.  First the ceiling and walls have to be painted so OH was dispatched to B&Q for suitable paint, that will be done tomorrow.

The freestanding bath tap is in place as are the new towel raIl radiator and the new ordinary radiator.  Once the painting is done and the pipe boxed in I will be able to install the freestanding bath.

A new problem was discovered 2 days back, the shower drain in the bathroom of the flat above was leaking and copious amounts of water came through the ceiling and down the walls all over the stuff DD was storing in the spare bedroom en suite, so a rapid evacuation there was needed.  Hopefully no serious damage and the upstairs owner will be paying for the repainting once things have dried out.  Another incident  she could have done without!

Only 4 weeks till she has to return to work now, so trying to get as much done as possible meantime.

DSB replied on 18/01/2019 01:44

Posted on 17/01/2019 21:42 by DavidKlyne

There was a guy in Waitrose this morning attired in shorts and it was cold outside. What was slightly puzzling was he had a thick bobble hat on! Obviously a believer in the theory that most heat escapes out the top of your head!!!

David

Posted on 18/01/2019 01:44

It's turned a little colder this evening, but fortunately, the places I go all tend to be warm - apart from church!  I played for a funeral this morning, and as the saying goes.... I dont know where the cold draught was coming from, but I certainly know where it was going!!

David

milliehull replied on 18/01/2019 08:12

Posted on 17/01/2019 21:42 by DavidKlyne

David

Posted on 18/01/2019 08:12

He sounds like out postman David.laughing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook