What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 01/05/2024 19:12

Posted on 01/05/2024 19:12

We had a morning off. We were told in no uncertain terms to go and enjoy ourselves for a few hours so we went to our local RSPB reserve at Burton on the Wirral. We had a glorious Spring morning for it as well, plenty of not too hot sunshine and light winds.

It was fantastic, no other description could apply. Got home at lunch to find MiL quite happy watching Bargain Hunt. She apparently shocked herself by walking unaided, purely by reflex not thought, to answer a phone call (contrary to instructions) but as she was so proud of herself we couldn't really burst her balloon.

She's had weekly visits, both in hospital and at home, by a friend in the village so we decided to reward both of them and drove them to the local Gastropub which has wonderful views of the Clwydian Range of hills, and bought them tea and ice cream whilst we drove into town to the market to buy a few things. Came back 30 minutes later and they were having such a good time that we bought them a round of drinks. It was lovely sitting in the sun outside the pub.

So all in all a busy but satisfying day.

HelenandTrevor replied on 01/05/2024 19:25

Posted on 01/05/2024 19:25

Busy week so far, appointment with the physio about my back, I have been doing all the correct things and now have some exercises to do, he did say it could take several months to improve.

Also visited our neighbour in her new care home, bit sad as she although she seems to have accepted it isn't safe to go home, it's where she prefer to be, but living on her own and with no family it isn't now an option. The home and the staff are lovely and there are lots of activities too. The staff said we can arrange a tea party for her birthday later in the year.

Collected my new glasses this morning, really pleased with them, everything is now  much clearer. 🙂

Meeting up with some ex work colleagues tomorrow,  so looking forward to a good catch up.

Oneputt replied on 01/05/2024 19:53

Posted on 01/05/2024 19:53

Lovely day here, temperature got up to 19C.  After visiting brother got busy in the garden.

Heard today Brother is going to move down to Hampshire to be closer to his children.  We have had to cancel his pacemaker operation as he wouldn’t have had enough recovery time. Fortunately there has been really good liaison and he has been prioritised for Southampton to carry out the surgery.  Looks as though we will be spending a fair amount of time in the caravan in Hampshire 

nelliethehooker replied on 01/05/2024 21:58

Posted on 01/05/2024 21:58

Hope all goes well with the transfer and that Irving too long before your brother's operation, OP.

Sounds like a good day all round WN, glad that your MIL appears to be steadily getting better.

Have a good meet up, Helen. Good to hear that you are pleased with your new glasses .

Enjoy your time away at Conkers, David.

We are now set up at Bogroy after an easy, if bumpy at times, drive. We did have a rather delicate situation just outside of Kenmore where we met a lorry with a large digger on it's trailer at one of the narrower part of the road. We only just managed to drive/crawl by, but it required me folding in the wing mirrors and even then there was barely an inch between our van and the wall on one side and the loaded trailer on the other, not the most enjoyable few minutes of the journey!!  Still thankfully no damage done and we have had no rain today either so all had been well.

Kjell, the reason for the closures was a family matter, and the site is now being looked after by the mother of the land owner.

joanie replied on 02/05/2024 10:20

Posted on 01/05/2024 19:53 by Oneputt

Lovely day here, temperature got up to 19C.  After visiting brother got busy in the garden.

Heard today Brother is going to move down to Hampshire to be closer to his children.  We have had to cancel his pacemaker operation as he wouldn’t have had enough recovery time. Fortunately there has been really good liaison and he has been prioritised for Southampton to carry out the surgery.  Looks as though we will be spending a fair amount of time in the caravan in Hampshire 

Posted on 02/05/2024 10:20

I had mine done 2 days before the move , consultant insisted as he was worried that I would get lost in the transfer, they also insisted I went back to them after 6 weeks for the check up, 100 miles.   All went well and I have already heard from the local hospital for a check up next month. Of course I couldn't do much regarding the move, but like your brother the move was to be closer to my son so he did most of what needed doing. 

Good to hear things are going okay for your brother, I wish him well. 

KjellNN replied on 02/05/2024 15:56

Posted on 02/05/2024 15:56

I think we are having the best of the weather here this week, we have had several sunny days, today is very sunny and warm,  but quite windy.

We had our Covid vaccinations this morning, Moderna, same as last Autumn, feeling fine so far.  All done very efficiently and much quicker than previous times.  Straight in even though we were a bit early, no waiting at all.  
OH and DD went to Lidl for a big shop to use DD’s 10% off.  We will need to use the store near DD in future as our small local one has closed down.  A pity as it was very handy, but we still have our Farmfoods store so will be OK for milk when required.

While they were out I fixed DD’s  car boot lock, meantime anyway, may not last, and put air in all her tyres.  Trying to persuade her that is really is time to replace her 22 year old car.

moulesy replied on 02/05/2024 17:39

Posted on 02/05/2024 17:39

We have spent the day at a new, to us, NT property Shugborough Hall, the ancestral home of the late Queen's cousin, the photographer Patrick Lichfield. Far too nice a day to spend indoors, will have to go back for that. But some spectacular views including the house itself, the Temple of the Winds, a 16th century packhorse bridge over the River Trent and, at the entrance to the estate farm, this sign which made me chuckle!

It's our last night at the hotel, off to Little Longstone tomorrow, planning on lunch at The Packhorse and a pint     (or 3) of Jaipur.

Takethedogalong replied on 03/05/2024 10:19

Posted on 03/05/2024 10:19

Best wishes for your brother’s transfer and op Oneputt. A worrying time for your family.

Moulesy, have a great time at the Setter Rescue event. We visited Shugborough a few years ago, and it’s an interesting place. In truth, I can’t recall much about it, other than the railway line that runs along one edge of the Estate. I think we might have been on a tour to Lichfield Cathedral at the time, so it’s quite a while ago. 
Weather has been so much nicer here last few days, sunny and warm. About time really. OH is working like a beaver on MG resto, I am getting into garden more when home from Mum’s, and last night completed my piggy bank!

DSB replied on 03/05/2024 11:40

Posted on 01/05/2024 21:58 by nelliethehooker

Hope all goes well with the transfer and that Irving too long before your brother's operation, OP.

Sounds like a good day all round WN, glad that your MIL appears to be steadily getting better.

Have a good meet up, Helen. Good to hear that you are pleased with your new glasses .

Enjoy your time away at Conkers, David.

We are now set up at Bogroy after an easy, if bumpy at times, drive. We did have a rather delicate situation just outside of Kenmore where we met a lorry with a large digger on it's trailer at one of the narrower part of the road. We only just managed to drive/crawl by, but it required me folding in the wing mirrors and even then there was barely an inch between our van and the wall on one side and the loaded trailer on the other, not the most enjoyable few minutes of the journey!!  Still thankfully no damage done and we have had no rain today either so all had been well.

Kjell, the reason for the closures was a family matter, and the site is now being looked after by the mother of the land owner.

Posted on 03/05/2024 11:40

Thanks Nellie.  Our visit to Conkers is always a bit bizarre.  Last night I did my usual Brewood Singers practice.  Carol has gone to see her mother today.  In a moment I'm off to take Tamworth U3A Choir practice, and tonight as the Abbey Choir practice as usual (although it will be shorter this evening).  Sunday morning service at the Abbey as usual!!.... so things go on pretty well as usual.

We hope to have our mass BBQ on Saturday, hope fully a meal out on Sunday evening (if we can find anywhere to accommodate around 20 of us, and we'll be getting together in the evenings with our friends....

You seem to be having a great trip 'up north', Nellie.  Great to hear how you are getting on, and also to read how everyone else is doing....

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook