What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 17/07/2019 20:17

Posted on 17/07/2019 20:17

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat as us Francis. It's a pity really as we love the layout of the caravan. It ticks all of our required boxes, plus we didn't have to upgrade the car, plus the upgrade on the payload really helped us (one of the few I think).

Technically speaking I think your dealer will still have to sort out any ingress problems that may arise. Had a word with the legal team at the CAMC and they confirmed that the dealer still has to sort out warranty problems, and recovering any outlay becomes their problem.Hopefully I won't need to explain the Consumer Rights Act to the dealer tomorrow when he looks at the "warranty" work on our 'van. If I get into an argument I'll get the credit card company that I used for a deposit involved.

brue replied on 17/07/2019 20:22

Posted on 17/07/2019 20:22

Fingers crossed for you all. Hope your vans last well into the future, good to have had a word about things with the legal team WN, I do hope your dealer is helpful.

Francis replied on 17/07/2019 21:33

Posted on 17/07/2019 21:33

Lovely warm day here again. I got up early this morning and headed out a cycle ended up cycling in to Christchurch along to Avon beach and then back to the site through some quiet country roads very nice scenery was good too, I must say this area is excellent for cycling one of the best we have  visited I’m hoping to get out a few more times on this trip. When I got back to the van SWMBO was filling out the coffee (great timing) so we had a nice relaxing morning before heading into Lymington for a couple of hours this afternoon what a nice town really enjoyable visit and even managed to find a nice little pub for a drink but £9.80 for 2 drinks was a bit of a shock to the system. My sister and family are joining us on this trip too so we met them for dinner at a little pub called The Swann close to the site and had a lovely meal sat out in the beer garden. We were dog sitting this evening while my sister and family went out a cycle but the dog has now went back to its own caravan so all quiet here. The rain has just started first rain we have had since we left home so we are now just sitting in the awning having a drink listening to the rain. Who couldn’t love the caravan life lol. 

TG glad to hear your mum seems to be getting better. Thanks for the thoughts Brue it’s so frustrating you buy a brand new van expecting a 6 year warranty and it now looks like 2 years down the line that is now void, still not the end of the world I just hope we don’y Have any major issues with the van. 

Tammygirl replied on 17/07/2019 21:51

Posted on 17/07/2019 21:51

Thanks Francis, you sound to be having a good trip so far. Its been a long time since we were down that way. Must revisit it sometime. 

We got the rain late morning, been on and off all afternoon, drying up a bit now.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/07/2019 21:53

Posted on 17/07/2019 20:22 by brue

Fingers crossed for you all. Hope your vans last well into the future, good to have had a word about things with the legal team WN, I do hope your dealer is helpful.

Posted on 17/07/2019 21:53

And the same from me too. 

Glad to hear that there's some improvement with your mum, TG. 

Hope that you are able to get over your bug quickly, brue.

We were supposed to have had a pair of smart meters fitted today, but things have not gone to plan a old gas meter needs moving and also some rewiring done on the electric one, both being over 50 yrs old. They had planned to install 1st generation SMs too but as we are in an area of poor wifi signals the engineer doubted that they would work, and so it looks as if we'll get 2nd generation ones, all being well, in due course. Tomorrow we the mobile service engineer coming to do the yearly caravan service, so finger crossed that he doesn't find anything untoward and we can get away next week as planned. 

We've had proper rain today from early afternoon, just what the garden wanted. Only hope that it's dry tomorrow though for the service.

Wherenext replied on 18/07/2019 07:23

Posted on 18/07/2019 07:23

Had to get up at 5am this morning (again). This time due to a coughing fit that seemed to last forever but as usual I'm exaggerating. Felt much better after 20 minutes or so. Just waiting to get off to deliver the caravan. 

The sun has decided to put in an appearance. Hope the day treats you well.

brue replied on 18/07/2019 09:04

Posted on 18/07/2019 09:04

Still feeling a bit yukky but got to keep going, a mixture of cold, cough and general "offness." We've had some rain which was quite pleasant and could do with a lot more.

Son and family are travelling down a bit later than expected so that's a help, gives me a bit more time.

Hope the meter work goes ok Nellie, we backed out of the smart meter option when a neighbour hit signal problems but we updated our system to the newest available.

Sounds like a good holiday Francis, have you found the Ornamental Drive area yet, another good spot to explore.

Have a good day folks, we're expecting the full holiday rush down here now! 

DavidKlyne replied on 18/07/2019 09:21

Posted on 18/07/2019 09:21

Not long after we had our new boiler installed we had new smart meters installed (not sure the two were connected) plus an inhouse display. Apparently they have built in SIM cards so if a mobile phone works OK where you live so should the smart meter! However it was all not without several problems. Firstly the inhouse display seemed to be over reading the cost of the gas/electric used. Phone call to suppliers, software problem the decimal point is in the wrong place!!! The inhouse display lost communication with the meters. I think we have the gas meter back on line but still waiting for the electricity one to start providing information to the inhouse display. Given that the cost of two showers seems to be about 4p I think they may have also got their decimal point sorted!!!

David

Takethedogalong replied on 18/07/2019 10:42

Posted on 18/07/2019 10:42

My Mum has Smart Meters cracked. Turns them off, claims they are using electricity, which puts her bills up! Can’t fault her logic to be honest......😂

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook