What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 18/07/2019 11:04

Posted on 18/07/2019 11:04

We are avoiding smart meters for as long as possible as we have solar panels and there have been problems reported with some of the early Smart meters.

Tammygirl replied on 18/07/2019 14:14

Posted on 18/07/2019 11:04 by KjellNN

We are avoiding smart meters for as long as possible as we have solar panels and there have been problems reported with some of the early Smart meters.

Posted on 18/07/2019 14:14

Same here, added to the fact that in our house getting a mobile signal is a hit and miss unless you hang out of the attic window laughing

How you doing Kj not heard from you for awhile, are you still away? 

Raining on and off today, guess what, the ironing is now done laughinglaughing

OH out helping someone collect a donation of wood to the Men's shed. I'm now off to the hairdresser for a tidy up.

triky auto replied on 18/07/2019 19:04

Posted on 18/07/2019 18:49 by cyberyacht

Smart meters are a bit of a con IMHO. Unless the figures displayed prompt a change of usage, they make no difference whatsoever.

Posted on 18/07/2019 19:04

There have been reports of people having headaches & other symptoms ,due to the transmission from the meters (radiation?)undecided

moulesy replied on 18/07/2019 19:16

Posted on 18/07/2019 19:16

Lunch out today meeting up with a group of former work colleagues. We only meet up about twice a year - can never agree on more dates now we're all retired and so busy!

Shocked to find out the school actually breaks up tomorrow - never there, those teachers these days!  laughing

Bakers2 replied on 18/07/2019 21:13

Posted on 18/07/2019 21:13

A day that had mizzle when we got up just what the garden needed, which was off and on - earlier than forecasted rain! Had decided on a trip to the coast as a day of no appointments. Undeterred we headed off, got steadily heavier. A12 was dreadful with spray and wipers on max, decided on Colchester castle. Rain and spray got worse so decided on Perrywood garden centre which has a great cafe as well as wonderful stock, voted 3rd best in the UK and first for customer care and destination garden centre. Even have 3 or 4 long parking spaces as well double rows, so great stop with a motorhome 😉.

Queue out of the cafe door soon after noon! So we opted for cuppa and scone. Rain ceased after our mooch, only bought 1 plant 😯😯! Headed off to colchester but realised parking for the castle was amongst the shoppers car parks all a decent walk from the castle so decided against a visit today - will do our homework on parking. The castle grounds have wonderful award winning gardens so a better day weather wise will be sensible.

Called on a cousin on the off chance, had a great afternoon, so all was not lost.

Warm and humid still but refreshing rain insufficient to enliven all the wilting garden. Rain forecast for tomorrow.

WN hope your van doesn't have any faults. Same for you nelliethehooker.

KjNelln nice to hear from you.

Moulsey teachers have such a cushy life, long holidays and short days in term time 😂😂😂. Bet you miss it! I dont think our schools break up until next week.

Brue wish you better so you can enjoy your family visit.

We are on our 2nd smart meter tariff- no smart meter, no one has even tried to come out. Hard to maintain mobile signal as our phones and OH tech heart kit testify so not holding out any hope 😉. Daughter in NZ has them and has for ladt 12 years, billed monthly on use. How sensible is that? All done by DD.

nelliethehooker replied on 18/07/2019 21:49

Posted on 18/07/2019 21:49

Same here, added to the fact that in our house getting a mobile signal is a hit and miss unless you hang out of the attic window

We are the same, which is why we need the 2nd generation meters as they rely on radio signals instead of phone/wifi signals.

Our service went well, only one small area of damp which could be due to water ingress from the fridge vents during washing the van this week.  Not too bad for an 8 yr old van. 

After yesterday's rain, which did the garden a load of good, we've had another dry day with high clouds and a light breeze. Got a bit more gardening done, and the Sunflowers are coming out nicely. We got the seeds from the plants we had opposite us at The Old Orchard CL last year. Started to plan our next  trip to Dumfries and Galloway....2 sites so far booked and waiting for word from a third before we can sort out the rest of the trip.

Francis replied on 18/07/2019 21:50

Posted on 18/07/2019 21:50

Another warm day here today. We visited The National motor museum at Beaulieu what a great day out we stayed right up until they were closing. They have some lovely cars I loved Del Boys reliant and got some great pics with it also the Top Gear exhibition was good too. We only had time for a brief walk around the grounds but our tickets allow us to return so we may head back one. Afternoon for a better walk. We used the Clubs discount scheme which was worth while and saved 33 percent off the admission fee. After a recommendation on another forum we had lunch in the cafe which was very nice and at a reasonable price. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow I was planning on going a cycle but the forecast is showing rain for most of the day so i doubt I will be cycling.

DavidKlyne replied on 18/07/2019 22:25

Posted on 18/07/2019 11:04 by KjellNN

Posted on 18/07/2019 22:25

I am not sure that we had a choice as the work was done by the company that runs the supply network. I didn't ask as I was quite keen to have them but having said that the old ones have been pretty reliable for years which can't be said for the new ones!!!

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook