What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 01/12/2019 13:16

Posted on 01/12/2019 13:16

Stunned pigeon 😲. Great outline though! We've had similar, but not such a clear outline, generally when the sparrowhawk comes through.

Bakers2 replied on 01/12/2019 13:29

Posted on 01/12/2019 13:29

Again thanks for all your kind words.

ABM I phoned mum's GP as she'd been the previous Friday for the 2nd time that week,  I expected an out of hours doctor and the police. Instead we tied up an ambulance and crew, who arrived within 15 minutes, plus 2 separate paramedics although they went quite swiftly, for 2.5 hours - they had to stay until the police arrived. I had to keep the 999 call open until the ambulance entered the house. A few weeks ago a young lad who got knocked off his bike had to lie on the road for 4 hours locally 😲. The police were with us for almost 2 hours as it was a busy night and their control forgot to call the coroner's undertakers, who did come very quickly. All in all 6 hours.

brue replied on 01/12/2019 13:50

Posted on 01/12/2019 13:50

B2. It's one of those things that happens when someone dies unexpectedly. I remember the same happening to a friend in our village but in some ways having the response people around her after her husband suddenly died helped with the initial shock. I spent quite a bit of time mulling over things when I lost my Mum last year, all the "what if's" because she was taken ill very suddenly and nothing really prepares you for these events. 

ABM replied on 01/12/2019 14:04

Posted on 01/12/2019 12:59 by Oneputt

Pigeon hit the window this morning, not hurt, just flew off after leaving outline on the window pane

Posted on 01/12/2019 14:04

Stunning Photograph, OP  laughing

{ Its ABM posting  so  pun Intended,  Obviously wink }

Bakers2 replied on 01/12/2019 14:04

Posted on 01/12/2019 13:50 by brue

B2. It's one of those things that happens when someone dies unexpectedly. I remember the same happening to a friend in our village but in some ways having the response people around her after her husband suddenly died helped with the initial shock. I spent quite a bit of time mulling over things when I lost my Mum last year, all the "what if's" because she was taken ill very suddenly and nothing really prepares you for these events. 

Posted on 01/12/2019 14:04

So very true! 

Wherenext replied on 01/12/2019 15:31

Posted on 01/12/2019 15:31

We had a spate of Kamikaze Pigeons hitting our bedroom window a few years ago. Decided on installing vertical blinds and that seems to work as a deterrent or just lets them know there is a window there. They always seemed to hit the window the day after I cleaned them.

Lovely sunny but cold day here so I weather proofed a couple of fencing panels that badly needed it. Didn't think I was going to get around to it this year but better late than never.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/12/2019 16:46

Posted on 01/12/2019 16:46

We occasionally get the “ghost” print on the windowpane. Usually a wood pigeon, or a collared dove, and they are usually fine. But we sadly found a beautiful little goldfinch dead on our patio one morning. We have put those bird silhouettes on all windows now, which has helped.

Bakers2 replied on 01/12/2019 19:14

Posted on 01/12/2019 19:14

Just returned from dog walk, went a little later and omitted the park, so it was dark our church has organised advent windows in the parish. First one at the church hall lovely surprise all 5 windows facing the road decorated 😃. Tried to photograph on my phone not easy with dog lead too! All dig walks will be taken via the windows as another joins in.

I almost volunteered to do our window for it - so glad I didn't in view of recent events. Maybe next year. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook