What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Oneputt replied on 02/12/2019 13:43

Posted on 02/12/2019 13:43

ABM not forgetting cyber Monday today.

Orion and it’s nebula showing well last night.🌙

Frosty but sunny day today so panels charging well for the 3rd day running.🌞

Had fun on the doorstep yesterday tying a canvasser for a political party in knots.  I managed to confuse this one for about 10 minutes before they remembered an important appointment.  🤣

Tammygirl replied on 02/12/2019 14:53

Posted on 02/12/2019 14:53

Frost gone overnight so no scraping of cars this morning smile down side is grey skies and dull, doubt we will be generating anything from the panels today. 

Toyota gone into garage this morning for a look at, we've experienced juddering when reversing up an incline, most noticeable when reversing onto a pitch with the caravan but even solo we've had it so its in the garage. frown

Tidy up of all the caravan stuff that had been dumped in the front bedroom, now dumped upstairs in the attic room laughing I've given my wardrobe and under bed storage a good tidy out too, managed to throw a few things out and half a bag of stuff for the charity shop. 

OH just finished his ironing so guess I 'd better finish this and get on with mine.

brue replied on 02/12/2019 14:57

Posted on 02/12/2019 14:57

Good clear skies last night Oneputt, always worth a look skywards! No canvassers here, just lots of leaflets. Very frosty this morning, loads of birds in the garden, the last of the apples have been left for them, our lone Fieldfare likes to chase off the blackbirds. Plumbing emergency at our daughter's house this morning, a long running plumbing saga, one bit gets sorted and then another thing happens, only a small terraced house, at least they have a wood burner.

Making inroads with the Christmas shopping, trying to keep it simple this year..failing as usual! wink

Takethedogalong replied on 02/12/2019 16:52

Posted on 02/12/2019 13:43 by Oneputt

ABM not forgetting cyber Monday today.

Orion and it’s nebula showing well last night.🌙

Frosty but sunny day today so panels charging well for the 3rd day running.🌞

Had fun on the doorstep yesterday tying a canvasser for a political party in knots.  I managed to confuse this one for about 10 minutes before they remembered an important appointment.  🤣

Posted on 02/12/2019 16:52

You are obviously the same as us OP. We take no prisoners if canvassers knock......... Given the range of political persuasions that pepper our tiny little street, it’s probably got a “under no circumstances knock” warning for all parties. We might all vote differently, but we all get on fine and are united in terms of giving canvassers a hard time😂

Not that you find many Trotskyist canvassers around nowadays.....🤣

heddlo replied on 02/12/2019 17:17

Posted on 02/12/2019 16:52 by Takethedogalong

You are obviously the same as us OP. We take no prisoners if canvassers knock......... Given the range of political persuasions that pepper our tiny little street, it’s probably got a “under no circumstances knock” warning for all parties. We might all vote differently, but we all get on fine and are united in terms of giving canvassers a hard time😂

Not that you find many Trotskyist canvassers around nowadays.....🤣

Posted on 02/12/2019 17:17

I think we miss the ‘doorstep tussle’ a little bit.  We get lots of leaflets through the letterbox but as we live in a ‘No Cold Calling’ area they can’t knock.  We’re just out to our first Christmas Dinner outing, always nice to meet up with friends but we will not be having turkey on Christmas Day!  😂

JVB66 replied on 02/12/2019 17:26

Posted on 02/12/2019 17:26

We have just had the Labour candidate at the door (lives in Bedford?) asking if we have what ,if any, reservations  about their manifestoyell she and her hangers on did not stop longwink

Takethedogalong replied on 02/12/2019 17:29

Posted on 02/12/2019 17:29

We have just booked a birthday lunch later this week. Not wanting Xmas Fayre, have always found it overpriced and disappointing in the past. Fingers crossed there are no “parties” booked in on same day, we just want a quiet meal and chat. It’s a nice place, off the beaten track, so less likely to get the big office/works “do’s”🤞

replied on 02/12/2019 17:35

Posted on 02/12/2019 17:26 by JVB66

We have just had the Labour candidate at the door (lives in Bedford?) asking if we have what ,if any, reservations  about their manifestoyell she and her hangers on did not stop longwink

Posted on 02/12/2019 17:35

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 02/12/2019 18:03

Posted on 02/12/2019 17:35 by

Ours didnt stay long after I told them my views , shook my hand warmly and made me promise to turn out to votewink

Posted on 02/12/2019 18:03

Already votedwink as we will be on our next "fewwink" away days until mid Januarycool as no more (hopefully)NHS appointments  will have arrived since last "visit" smile

milliehull replied on 02/12/2019 18:25

Posted on 01/12/2019 21:32 by ABM

Well you cannot say you were not given enough warning Millieh smile

Now toughen those sinews, loosen those purse strings and think of aged bachelors with GT GT Uncle / God Father Status  embarassed

Posted on 02/12/2019 18:25

ABM we have a grandma like that in our family. Not only does she make sure that she undoes us with buying presents but it seems there is a competition as to how often she sees the grandchildren and who they love the most yell.  Luckily we are going to N. Ireland for Christmas to see our grandchildren over there and the Irish grandparents are lovely. laughing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook