What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 01/12/2019 19:18

Posted on 01/12/2019 19:18

Lovely crisp sunny winters day here today, -5c as we left home this morning at 09.30 to drive through to Dunblane for our Grandsons parade and church service.

Temperature rose to a balmy -2c by the time we got to the school.  By 10.30 when they marched on to the parade square, led by the schools pipes and drums, it had managed to rise to 1c.

All the boys and girls did very well, they have only been there since the end of August and learnt how to do drill so well, even going from slow march to quick march without a hitch. Some very proud Mums, Dads and grandparents. Many of them serving or ex service themselves so appreciate how hard they have worked. 

Afterwards at the church service, all the P7s ( rookies) had a part to play, from reading poems to prayers and singing in the choir. Our grandson did one of the readings and sang in the choir so Dad and Grandparents very proud.

Took them out to lunch afterwards then off to the railway station with our Son for him to head back down to Wiltshire, he should be home just after midnight. In 11 days time he has to drive back up to collect the 2 of them as they finish school on the 13th December this year.

Crafty pair they are, as after Dad went they both remembered they needed tuck, they must think we are soft or something (their dad went to the same school)  it worked of course laughing quick trip to Tesco's.

Back home by late afternoon, roads were already getting slippy again, supposed to get milder overnight here though so maybe more leaf raking tomorrow.

We get birds hitting the windows some times usually in the Springtime though, I've got bird stickers I put on the windows that don't have blinds. 

Bakers2 replied on 01/12/2019 19:37

Posted on 01/12/2019 19:37

Tammygirl chilly or not it sounds like a wonderful day. Grandparents a soft touch??? I don't believe it!

JVB66 replied on 01/12/2019 20:13

Posted on 01/12/2019 20:13

Interesting early start to the day when we were woken by the windows of the house rattleing have since found out it was sonic booms from two Typhoon fighters going supersonic to intercept a commercial aircraft in uk airspace not in radio contact with ATC surprised 

Not as cold today so a muddy walk againfrown

Out to Dinner at OHs son and partner , lovely as she is a great qualified Chef smile

Not a great journey home in the dark which involves country lanes and bright modern headlights on cars coming the other way( I try to avoid night driving now unless roads well lit)undecided

Tammygirl replied on 01/12/2019 21:04

Posted on 01/12/2019 19:37 by Bakers2

Tammygirl chilly or not it sounds like a wonderful day. Grandparents a soft touch??? I don't believe it!

Posted on 01/12/2019 21:04

It certainly was smile

When we told our son that the kids conned us into buying tuck, he laughed and said can't believe you fell for it, then again me and Pete (his brother) used to do the same to gran laughing

milliehull replied on 01/12/2019 21:08

Posted on 01/12/2019 21:08

It sounds as though you have had a wonderful day Tammygirl. You must have been so proud. Well done to the 'soft touch' grandparents!!

Lovely sunny but very cold day here. We went to our local theatre to see a National Theatre live screening of Present Laughter this afternoon. It was excellent. We have put up our Advent lights this evening.

ABM replied on 01/12/2019 21:17

Posted on 01/12/2019 21:17

Soft touch Grand parents ??  don't you believe it , they are as hard as mahogany in comparison to GREAT Grandparents, believe me.  They seem to be playing the I spend more on them than you do game  '

A B M  aka The Observer !!

ABM replied on 01/12/2019 21:32

Posted on 01/12/2019 21:32

Well you cannot say you were not given enough warning Millieh smile

Now toughen those sinews, loosen those purse strings and think of aged bachelors with GT GT Uncle / God Father Status  embarassed

Wherenext replied on 02/12/2019 11:29

Posted on 02/12/2019 11:29

Jobs done this morning to make the place tidy again.smile Now off to pick up the ladies of leisure upon their return from Yorkshire. Not much in the way of sunshine today but dry so no complaints here.

ABM replied on 02/12/2019 12:49

Posted on 02/12/2019 12:49

Weak sunshine thro a thin cloudy sky, but just enough to remove the frost. I'm going to have to open my wallet today  I think 'cos my CD player has jammed shut & won't even play the one CD that is stuck in there. It does at least work as far as DAB & FM radios are concerned so I'll have to dodge tween the politicians & the poor comedians 'til I get some shekels converted to groats I suppose cry

Sincerely hope you all are bearing up under the strain of the approaching termination of " Black Friday " compounded with the forthcoming Yule Tide !! { I bet  David D S B is under pressure now so add my best for his "Food & Rest Periods "  smile }

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook