What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 05/12/2019 08:12

Posted on 04/12/2019 23:53 by Takethedogalong

Many thanks, but not actually my birthday, another family member. Sorry for any confusion😲

Posted on 05/12/2019 08:12

laughinglaughing  Please transfer birthday wishes for whenever it is - just in case I don't spot it when the time comes... smile

David

JVB66 replied on 05/12/2019 10:28

Posted on 05/12/2019 10:28

Frosty and Misty start to the day,,upside being ,not a muddy dog on return from walk,smile

Christmas lights checked , all working ready to fit to C/van for our Xmas trip to Ferry Meadows this Sunday,then on to Seacroft for New Year until they close and back to Ferry  ,home possibly the 12 Jansurprised

Still undecided whether to take porch awning or just use wind out canopy or bothundecided

Subject change ,Grand daughter visited last evening she stated that Tesco have advised staff they do not now need to wear name badges because of the amount of "problems" they now encounter from some "customers?"frown

Oneputt replied on 05/12/2019 11:40

Posted on 05/12/2019 11:40

Looks like Norfolk is going fill up over Xmas and New Year so I am thinking of escaping.🤣🤣. Another bright, sunny but chill day here.  Been pottering in the garden whilst Mrs One has been shopping for party food for the scout group Xmas disco tonight🎄🎄

Tammygirl replied on 05/12/2019 12:19

Posted on 05/12/2019 12:19

Dark, grey and miserable today. Rain started mid morning, not heavy rain just constant frown

OH looking at changing the small single radiator in the hallway for a one and a half one, the single struggles a bit to keep the hall warm. 

I've been sat unpicking the bottoms of 3 pairs of cord trousers, lengths fine on 2 of them but 1 needs to be shortened slightly, I'm also going to narrow the legs as they are  boot cut but I'm going to make them straight.

Still not heard anything from my LPG supplier, getting well and truly peed off. Despite them saying they will get in touch within 3 working day,s its now been almost a week. I've messaged them on Facebook which they replied yesterday in a good time but still no call back from customer services yell 

brue replied on 05/12/2019 12:39

Posted on 05/12/2019 12:39

Had a nice walk out with Mr Brue this morning, he wanted to check out some of the fishing "pegs" belonging to his fishing club (yes, anglers have pegs too, but you don't have to back into them! laughing) So we headed for Parrett Works near Martock and squeezed through the stone style to walk part of the river bank. The stone style is a bit unforgiving and easier if you have long legs and are gracefully agile...

I just missed seeing an otter, OH saw it. Some parts of the river Parrett are very deep along this section, fifteen feet in places but it looks quite benign. On the walk back there was a kerfuffle with some crows and a lone buzzard, just over our heads. As usual the crows won, spot the buzzard in the distance on the bell tower and then a bit closer. Parrett Works was a snuff mill, then an iron foundry, there are some lovely old buildings. You might just catch a glimpse of South Fork, a small caravan site over the road from the works and a reclamation yard, an interesting little corner of South Somerset, mostly rural and peaceful now.

(Had to fix the camera later, the shutter started to stick, the shadow lurks in the photo corners! smile)

KjellNN replied on 05/12/2019 12:39

Posted on 05/12/2019 12:39

Totally miserable day here, wet and windy as per forecast.

DD's 2 new worktops were delivered at 7.55am and placed on the floor in the hall.  They are 4m long and very heavy!  Now need to cut them to the approximate final lengths, 4 pieces in all, so that we can move them out of the way.  One will be 3.1m so it will still be heavy, but once the sink cut out is made it will not be so bad.

Wherenext replied on 05/12/2019 13:55

Posted on 05/12/2019 13:55

A miserable day weather wise today. Food shopping and preparing some food for tonight and tomorrow.

Had a phone call at 9am on the dot this morning from the hospital saying that the scanner is having an MOT next Tuesday so could I change my appointment for Wednesday. Managed to find a small space in my busy social life to fit it in.smile Nice of them to ask first though. Hope we might get away after the scan. 

brue replied on 05/12/2019 16:53

Posted on 05/12/2019 16:53

All the best with the scanner WN. OH should have had an eye appointment by now, think we're going to have to make a phone call or two.

Furniture moving this afternoon and alpine plants tonight, variety is the spice of life...🎵

Freddy55 replied on 05/12/2019 18:34

Posted on 05/12/2019 12:39 by KjellNN

Totally miserable day here, wet and windy as per forecast.

DD's 2 new worktops were delivered at 7.55am and placed on the floor in the hall.  They are 4m long and very heavy!  Now need to cut them to the approximate final lengths, 4 pieces in all, so that we can move them out of the way.  One will be 3.1m so it will still be heavy, but once the sink cut out is made it will not be so bad.

Posted on 05/12/2019 18:34

One will be 3.1m so it will still be heavy, but once the sink cut out is made it will not be so bad.

Will you not be cutting it in ‘situ’? 

KjellNN replied on 05/12/2019 19:14

Posted on 05/12/2019 18:34 by Freddy55

One will be 3.1m so it will still be heavy, but once the sink cut out is made it will not be so bad.

Will you not be cutting it in ‘situ’? 

Posted on 05/12/2019 19:14

No, it is a complex situation!

Once the base units are in place and something to support the other end which bridges the WM and TD, I will need to scribe it to fit against the no doubt squint wall behind the sink, and cut that far end to fit, where there is a large pipe duct.

Then I will mark it to end in the correct place where it is over the base units.  We have 3 units, 400 wide drawers, 400 wide cupboard, and an 800 wide double unit where the sink will sit.

Once that is correct I will mark out the sink cut out, but it cannot  be cut out in situ as the cut out  bridges 2 units, so we will cart it out into the hall, which is long and wide, place it on battens and cut it out there.

Once everything is correct, as this is a solid Iroko worktop, it has to have at least 3 coats of Danish Oil on all surfaces, and probably 5 coats where it has been cut, before the sink can be fitted into it and the whole thing fixed in place.

This is a utility room, but it is as big as many kitchens, so there is a lot of units, worktop and work, not to mention the painting, electrics, plumbing, new radiator, skirtings and door facings, tiling and flooring!

Fortunately I have plenty of experience with this sort of thing having previously fitted, I think, 8 kitchens/utility rooms, 3 of which have solid wood worktops. Much prefer working with real wood than chipboard/laminate.

There are also 3 other pieces of worktop to fit, but all fortunately much smaller.  I had hoped to at least have the units and worktop in place by Christmas, but I can see the timetable is pretty much shot to  bits due to various other things going on!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook