What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 12/12/2019 16:23

Posted on 12/12/2019 16:23

Trellis, as a C of E Altar Boy ( retd ) I would have had no objection to voting in my local church 'cos we only used the very finest grapes to manufacture the wine, and before the end of Service, all wine was er er disposed of in a safe & sensible manner  winkinnocent

Moulesy, the most recent time I made a comment about time, Clock Movements and such things some unkind Lady on here said my ramblings reminded her of the, sadly absent, Malcolm.frown

JVB66 replied on 12/12/2019 16:35

Posted on 12/12/2019 15:13 by moulesy

"It's entirely appropriate that the weather today is absolutely awful.It seems to match the UK wide disdain for our present predicament."

Absolutely agree! I'm wondering if I'll  ever get dry again - 3 dog walks in the pouring rain and then a stroll to the polling station (fortuitously in our local pub!) to choose from the best of a very bad lot! laughing

Never mind - only 9 days to go till the days start getting longer again! wink

Posted on 12/12/2019 16:35

Was going to take Rosa for her third walk until she put her nose out of the awning and decided that i could go as she was going back into the warm and dry of the caravansurprised

Ps Nene Valley railway are testing  The Santa Special tonight and it really does look the part with all the carriages with fairy lights the full length  of the trainsmile

Update on the Elm tree, it is to far gone to recover so most of it has had to be removed, the disease is in the other two but not terminal yetfrown

Cornersteady replied on 12/12/2019 16:38

Posted on 11/12/2019 21:10 by Oneputt

Grand photos Corners, must get back to Florence soon as it’s many, many years since we were last there.

I can only thank our NHS for its excellent treatment, my scans last year were 5 and 12 days after the appointment made.  All treatment first class and 3 monthly check ups spot on, bravo to our NHS staff.

Scouts carol services was lovely, Over 40 Beavers, cubs and scouts attended. Mrs One had taught the cubs to play a couple of tunes on hand bell which they perform well. 

Posted on 12/12/2019 16:38

Thanks. Got a right interrogation last night about Brexit, none of the British reserve about not talking about politics here, although they did wait until I'd had a few glass of wine!  They all just can't understand why anyone would leave and think we're rather mad. 

Just form filling/signing today, not as warm as yesterday. 

brue replied on 12/12/2019 16:51

Posted on 12/12/2019 16:51

Very wet day here, more wind forecast, voted early and then we both went down to Ottery St Mary for some Christmas cheer at the garden centre there...and make a few purchases...and have some lunch surrounded by families visiting Father Christmas, so lots of happy chatter.

WN I hope nothing else malfunctions. We received the final piece of furniture I'd ordered recently, third time lucky, it wasn't damaged. I don't like buying new furniture and I'm wondering how much gets sent back due to damage (ie not checked before packing.) 

Anyone staying up tonight to watch the results? I am sadly convinced we will be back to where we where whoever gets in...wink (That was a non political broadcast by a cheesed off voter. laughing)

ABM replied on 12/12/2019 16:56

Posted on 12/12/2019 16:56

Sensible mutt there JVB laughing

Went, as usual on a Thursday, to see Elderly Sister, who has stopped knitting 'Baby Hats' and gone back to nice warm cheapo sweaters for the 4 &  2 year olds to play in & keep warm as well.

Her eldest son was there with his dozy little mutt, Tilly. Dog struggles a fair bit with breathing which has baffled local vets. so yesterday was a day out all round for them, to the Vets Training Hospital at Liverpool { reliably informed its very close to Hoylake actually } where the dog got the full treatment, with the nett result being  -- it's probably an allergy of some kind and a commercially available antibiotic should suffice!! So  all in all they had a nice drive across Cheshire, swanned around a clinically sterile part of Merseyside for three or so hours, received a prescription,   and all for the princely sum of about three grand , of which insurers will cough up £2,600 this time with the owners paying the rest.  

And people moan about the N H S !!  Oh God,  if only we had to pay cash up front instead of in drips and drabs through taxation,  Then they might , I said might,  have reason to winge.

Enough,  I'll say no more, I might just get Political and that would be pointless at Five PM on Polling Day.

moulesy replied on 12/12/2019 16:57

Posted on 12/12/2019 16:57

I shall be staying up to watch the first few results,  brue, with a bottle of something nice and red to console me/ celebrate (probably the former!) Mrs M thinks I'm mad to stay up at all,  but I've always done it. Mind you, in the last two elections the BBC exit polls got it almost spot on from the word go - so I might turn in early! wink

ABM replied on 12/12/2019 17:25

Posted on 12/12/2019 17:25

Doubt if I will last that long tonight, Moulesy !!

Got home from sisters, ate a nice pleasant lunch with mug of hot Bovril and, obviously, had a snooze as old men are wont to do. Lying in the reclining chair, happily  zizzing  and got woken by multiple attacks of door bell ringing & rapping on the window. When I got to the door, opened it with a loud bang, thump and OUCH !  Crewe is a seriously marginal seat & doorsteppers were hounding folks to see if a lift was required for conveying geriatrics to the P. S . Not sure if he continued in his knocking & ringing,  but his ears must have been a little on the red side  laughing.

P.S.  The Bang, thump, ouch was because my doors open outwards and the 'stepper was standing close to keep out of the rain  surprised

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against having " whippers in "  but usually they get their info sorted before the Polling Day,  not halfway through it.

P.S. / Edit  Just seen the start of the film on Film 4 + 1 --  Kidnapped

Surprised they got away with that one,  The opening would have sent the Wee Scottish Leader  rushing to court I would have thought  .surprised

Off for evening meal now wink

Oneputt replied on 12/12/2019 17:45

Posted on 12/12/2019 17:45

Nice cold bright start to the day, voted then took a relative to vote.  Continue to clear up old paperwork and came across a press release from a trip to Cyprus I made in 1970.

Took Mrs One to final ladies who lunch with the intention of bird watchers no whilst waiting for her, just got into the car and the heavens opened 💧💦☔️ Now very wet and windy

KjellNN replied on 12/12/2019 20:27

Posted on 12/12/2019 20:27

Sounds like a north/south divide on the weather today, been a fairly nice day up here, even some sun.

OH voted when we went out at 09.30 to DD's house, where I continued with the work in the utility room, now ready for some painting and assembly of units tomorrow.

Saturday is OH's birthday, best not to ask which one though!  DD and SIL are treating us to a special meal, either lunch out or dinner from the M&S dine in, their decision.

Monday we are off on another hospital trip, this time right across town in rush hour, for a 10am appointment to assess OH's cataracts.

Must find somewhere to buy stamps for the Christmas cards.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/12/2019 21:02

Posted on 12/12/2019 21:02

Complete change from one day to the next up here near Harrogate. Yesterday was fine and dry, and we had a good long walk around Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal estate, while today it was dull and cold this morning after a bit of frost overnight. Drove up to the Stray and walked into the town before a walk around the Stray itself. Got back to the car just as it started to rain, and it's been wet since then. Think that you did right heading home yesterday, tda, as I suspect there's some snow up where you'd just left.

Hope that the results from the scan don't show anything of concern, WN.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook