What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 12/12/2019 22:13

Posted on 12/12/2019 22:13

Mum and me put our Xmas tree up today, so along with a few other bits and bobs, house is looking festive. We have postal votes, but Sis said she had to queue for first time ever!

We are going to stay up a while, see what results come in early. Hoping to see a few squirm, some surprises. I used to help organise count location for our Constituency so have done a few “all-nighters”. Screaming Lord Sutch had one of his best ever results in our town, tells you just how bonkers folks are round us!😂

Oneputt replied on 12/12/2019 22:38

Posted on 12/12/2019 22:38

Off to bed shortly, whatever the result of the GE there is nothing I can do to change it so may as well get my full 9 hours🌚🌗🌘🌒

Takethedogalong replied on 12/12/2019 23:10

Posted on 12/12/2019 23:10

We’re off to bed as well! Our telly has packed in, sound but no pictures. Can’t be bothered to mess around tonight, so IPad will suffice. 🤷‍♀️

Bakers2 replied on 13/12/2019 08:01

Posted on 13/12/2019 08:01

Friday 13th appropriate weather for the date! Persistently raining, dark and chilly.

Off to register mum's death this morning and into funeral directors this afternoon. 2 weeks since she died yesterday! It will be into the new year before she goes to her final resting place. After chasing I was offered one of 2 appointments, last remaining before Christmas in our area allegedly! 9am or 9.30am good job I'm within walking distance, not sure if I can pick up actual death certificate as payment system was down and I may well have to order copies and collect from somewhere else.

Cornersteady maybe Italian system is quicker........ my condolences it isn't an easy time for those concerned. Frustration my biggest obstacle!

Lovely to read others more cheerful posts. 

ABM replied on 13/12/2019 11:35

Posted on 13/12/2019 11:35

Commiserations, B2  it's always a traumatic event no matter what time of year it is. Much quicker when my Father died twenty years ago and therefore much easier for aged Sister & myself to handle, especially as the so-called New Millenium Celebrations were a few weeks past.

Now I've been up a while & checked the latest news I tootled off, bought a newspaper, fed the birds then applied myself to the latest mantra  --  " now lets get Breakfast Done ".  Did it and, happily, enjoyed it so now the day is designated ' Get those Cards & Presents Finished Mister '  day embarassed

Takethedogalong replied on 13/12/2019 11:54

Posted on 13/12/2019 11:54

It’s hard Bakers. We were very fortunate, got all Dad’s paperwork done quickly. The first Xmas is very hard as well, but you have to keep going. Take care, in our thoughts.

brue replied on 13/12/2019 12:28

Posted on 13/12/2019 12:28

Sunshine here but have now caught the local croaky cold, so not feeling brilliant. Got OH to wrap presents this week, never asked him before and I'm a terrible present wrapper, skewiff  (not typed that word before!) paper and Sellotape stuck to the wrong bits. Anyway he's done a brilliant job so I'm appointing him, officially, from now on...wink

B2, sorry you are having to wait so long to make all the arrangements for your Mum. We had similar for my father in law who died suddenly on New Years Eve a few years back. We had to wait a month, by which time we were quite downhearted and my sister in law kept adding things to the service. Hope you can find some peaceful time for yourselves and keep to your plans, a long wait is a difficult distraction. 

DavidKlyne replied on 13/12/2019 17:11

Posted on 13/12/2019 17:11

Went for my annual Doppler Test today. For those unfamiliar it is a test to establish the state of circulation in the lower legs. Now nurse Shirley always seems surprised at the ease at which I hop up onto the bed and get into position for her to do her tests. It got me thinking. I have never been a sporty person but neither have I been a slouch and it just seems second nature to move freely and quickly. Is this not normal for people in their early seventies? Perhaps it's a benefit from our hobby?

David 

JVB66 replied on 13/12/2019 17:25

Posted on 13/12/2019 17:25

We have been to Wansford today to get tickets for Burns night special train on 25th Jan ,it is very popular, while there got talking to some of the volunteers,,and so managed to "Blag"a look "behind the scenes in the workshop, , and could still get up onto the footplates of several engines from ground level quite easily ,so dog walking and our hobby could well be helping to keep us supple surprised

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook