What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 13/12/2019 19:43

Posted on 13/12/2019 19:43

Bit of a rotten day yesterday, BIL collapsed in the bathroom. My sister phoned around 5pm to say she couldn't get him up off the floor. She had called an ambulance but not sure when it would come. OH went straight out to car and drove into Perth to help her. Ambulance arrived at same time, so between them they managed to get him up on a chair. Long story short, he is now in hospital in Dundee. Perth don't have a cancer ward so transferred to Dundee. Today he is a little better, managed to get some much needed sleep and they have him on a fluid drip and antibiotic drip. His blood count was very low after the chemo a week ago. Seems it can happen sometimes, he will be in for a few days to get his levels up and to make sure he has no infection. 

Other than that, eldest son came up yesterday, stayed overnight, then left this morning to collect his 2 children from school in Dunblane and drive back down the road to Tidworth.

Weather better today as no rain yay smile bit off colour this morning, felt really dizzy and queasy. Feeling better now and managed to eat tea.smile

Should make a start on the Christmas cards but it can wait until tomorrow now.

Wherenext replied on 13/12/2019 20:10

Posted on 13/12/2019 20:10

Best wishes to your BiL TG. 

Another rainy day.😞

Pudding bowl day. Not much else going on. Managed to work out how wrapping paper and cellotape can work together. Yahoo.

JVB - Your post about sedentary or active can work either way. Just depends on whether the person is generally fit, well and has the willpower to excercise. Plus a lot of luck.

nelliethehooker replied on 13/12/2019 20:16

Posted on 13/12/2019 20:16

Sorry to hear about BIL, TG. Glad that he's feeling a bit better after his treatment and sleep.

A pleasant day here, although still cold but the wind had dropped. Drove up to Brimham Rocks for a couple of walks. I managed to clamber up onto a few of the outcrops, although I did have a bit of assistance from Flyte!! Heavy rain again now, unfortunately. Still a few Christmas cards to write and get posted, so might get them done tomorrow if it is still raining.

Tinwheeler replied on 13/12/2019 20:32

Posted on 13/12/2019 17:37 by JVB66

It could also help as we "age"if our previos jobs were of the active or sedentary profession surprised

Posted on 13/12/2019 20:32

If you mean active manual workers can literally wear out their joints then I agree with you.

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2019 20:58

Posted on 13/12/2019 20:58

All Christmas cards written and posted.  Received driving license renewal today also going to have to renew my passport so that will happen after Christmas.

Fortunately we are still pretty mobile and walk between 3 and 5 miles a day, long may it continue.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/12/2019 23:25

Posted on 13/12/2019 19:43 by Tammygirl

Bit of a rotten day yesterday, BIL collapsed in the bathroom. My sister phoned around 5pm to say she couldn't get him up off the floor. She had called an ambulance but not sure when it would come. OH went straight out to car and drove into Perth to help her. Ambulance arrived at same time, so between them they managed to get him up on a chair. Long story short, he is now in hospital in Dundee. Perth don't have a cancer ward so transferred to Dundee. Today he is a little better, managed to get some much needed sleep and they have him on a fluid drip and antibiotic drip. His blood count was very low after the chemo a week ago. Seems it can happen sometimes, he will be in for a few days to get his levels up and to make sure he has no infection. 

Other than that, eldest son came up yesterday, stayed overnight, then left this morning to collect his 2 children from school in Dunblane and drive back down the road to Tidworth.

Weather better today as no rain yay smile bit off colour this morning, felt really dizzy and queasy. Feeling better now and managed to eat tea.smile

Should make a start on the Christmas cards but it can wait until tomorrow now.

Posted on 13/12/2019 23:25

Sorry to hear about your BIL. Chemo is tough, my OH had to be made to take it easy, take a nap if required etc... and of course it’s the infections risk as well. Good wishes for you all, hope he picks up quickly.

I have had a day wrapping as weather so foul. Managed a dry dog walk this morning, it went downhill quickly after that.

Goldie146 replied on 14/12/2019 11:32

Posted on 14/12/2019 11:32

Wrapping presents. I hate it! Love choosing and buying, But wrapping - ugh!

Back to it. Must get done in case someone calls by with something for us.

Never been so organised (if that's what I am) so early before.

But - something to look forward to - Chris Difford at Settle tonight! The last time we saw him solo  was in our sitting room April 2018.

https://chrisdifford.com/

Wherenext replied on 14/12/2019 13:02

Posted on 14/12/2019 11:32 by Goldie146

Wrapping presents. I hate it! Love choosing and buying, But wrapping - ugh!

Back to it. Must get done in case someone calls by with something for us.

Never been so organised (if that's what I am) so early before.

But - something to look forward to - Chris Difford at Settle tonight! The last time we saw him solo  was in our sitting room April 2018.

https://chrisdifford.com/

Posted on 14/12/2019 13:02

You can ask him to return the silver when you see him.laughing

Another cold and quite rainy day here in North Wales. When the sun is out it is definitely lying. Managed an almost dry walk, mostly a quick trot, before settling in for the day. Our attempt at decorations put up. We don't go over the top and have quite minimalistic stuff but Mrs WN still has tree decorations from when she was a baby and they're the first ones up. No paper chains though.smile

brue replied on 14/12/2019 13:44

Posted on 14/12/2019 13:44

Have just been doing the same with the decorations. Also putting the lights up outside to keep in line with most of the neighbours who would probably be able to help out with Blackpool Illuminations if needed! wink

(We keep saying we're doing it for the children but that includes any age from 0-100yrs. laughing) Also the youngest grandson will be here for a few days just before Christmas and he will be expecting his old grandparents to have made an effort...

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook