What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 15/12/2019 23:03

Posted on 15/12/2019 23:03

And me OP. There are some very very stupid and unthinking people out there nowadays. 😡

Survived the birthday bash, very enjoyable afternoon.

DavidKlyne replied on 15/12/2019 23:07

Posted on 15/12/2019 22:20 by Oneputt

I know this is about wildlife but I thought this would have a wider readership than on the what have you seen thread.

i had a notification from the Friends of Horsey Seals to say that 2 seal pups have died at Winterton as a result of human interventions.  In one case parents allow their children to chase a pup into the sea.  Pups fur isn’t waterproof and swimming isn’t natural, consequently this pup drowned.

The second pup was surrounded by people and the mother abandoned it and it subsequently died before it could be rescue.

If you see anyone interfering with seal pups please have a word and tell them to go away, and keep dogs on leads  Seals usually leave pups on beaches whilst they return to the sea to feed.  The pups haven’t been abandoned,  

Sorry for the lecture but it’s something I feel strongly about

Posted on 15/12/2019 23:07

Oneputt

As there seems to be a local group/charity might it be useful to have some notices to that effect on the beach? I have certainly learnt something from your post, not that I am likely to participate in such behavior but it is useful to have the knowledge.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 15/12/2019 23:14

Posted on 15/12/2019 23:14

Most beaches with seals have such notices DK. Sadly some of the Neanderthals that visit can barely read. If it’s not someone’s badly behaved and over indulged little brats or pets chasing the wildlife, it will be an idiot trying to get a selfie. No respect whatsoever, very sad.

Tammygirl replied on 16/12/2019 11:57

Posted on 16/12/2019 11:57

Totally agree OP, some very stupid folk around.

Miserable day today here grey and wet again.

Just waiting for a friend and former work colleague to drop in, haven't seen her for a while as they have been up and downing it to London to see there new grandson. They've just arrived, probably going to be a lot of chatting going on.laughinglaughing

brue replied on 16/12/2019 12:04

Posted on 16/12/2019 12:04

Attempting to read bits and bobs on CT but it's getting in a muddle once more.

Sorry to hear about the seals OP, good to put out the message.

Enjoy your day TG.

Can't go out myself, just not well enough, I really should have taken out shares in Kleenex this year!

Too much to do this week but am giving myself a day off! 🎅

cyberyacht replied on 16/12/2019 17:35

Posted on 16/12/2019 17:35

Glad to say the rain has held off today although it's been grey and dismal as I've had the roofer replacing my area of flat roof. Got a bit noisy up there though. Couldn't hear myself think because of THIS. That's quite apart from the drone of Merlins and a Chinook. It'll be nice to stop worrying about water leaking in, particularly after the shorting out of the ceiling light a couple of days ago.

replied on 16/12/2019 18:32

Posted on 15/12/2019 22:20 by Oneputt

I know this is about wildlife but I thought this would have a wider readership than on the what have you seen thread.

i had a notification from the Friends of Horsey Seals to say that 2 seal pups have died at Winterton as a result of human interventions.  In one case parents allow their children to chase a pup into the sea.  Pups fur isn’t waterproof and swimming isn’t natural, consequently this pup drowned.

The second pup was surrounded by people and the mother abandoned it and it subsequently died before it could be rescue.

If you see anyone interfering with seal pups please have a word and tell them to go away, and keep dogs on leads  Seals usually leave pups on beaches whilst they return to the sea to feed.  The pups haven’t been abandoned,  

Sorry for the lecture but it’s something I feel strongly about

Posted on 16/12/2019 18:32

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Francis replied on 16/12/2019 19:59

Posted on 16/12/2019 19:59

Nice surprise in the post today a letter from the club with our 15 year sticker will put it on the window in the van at some point. Would be nice to get a site night voucher too

nelliethehooker replied on 16/12/2019 20:47

Posted on 16/12/2019 20:47

Agree completely with you, OP. It's such a pity that there are such idiots out there with no respect for our wildlife.

Good to hear that you and the family had a pleasant day with your father yesterday, M.

Hope that you are soon feeling better, brue.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook