What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 14/12/2019 20:07

Posted on 14/12/2019 20:07

Seriously David K What do your Doppler Tests ( D T ' s surprised ?) involve please. The reason I ask is because I have a six monthly discussion with diabetes clinic nursing staff. They do the usual foot checks on me but I'm sitting in a normal chair & they are on their knees ( as is only right of course ) prodding & jabbing away. I am sure this is not good for them when there is a normal surgery type bed on which I could perch with them working at normal seat height, with no strain on either of us. But what do I know, I'm only the patient

Brian

I should perhaps explain that about ten years ago I had an accident on a campsite in Germany when the door of the toilet block sprang back on me an injured the leg just above the ankle. I think because I didn't understand the seriousness of it and perhaps didn't give it the attention it should have got I got an infection in it and eventually it ulcerated. They were getting very concerned about it and at one time thought it might be cancerous, fortunately it wasn't. When I was eventually seen by a skin speciality nurse she managed to get it to heal and it's been fine ever since. However what concerns them with any form of leg ulcer is the state of circulation in the legs and as a result of the problem I have to wear compression socks. The Doppler Test measures the blood pressure in your arm relative to that in the ankle. For this you have to lay down on a bed and they use the same blood pressure strap on the ankle as they do on the arm but in addition they use an ultrasound to help measure the pressure. They then work out a calculation which you either pass or perhaps need further treatment. Fortunately my reading have always been fine. However like you Margaret is a diabetic and her tests sound rather like yours but I suspect they are looking for different things. From what you describe you don't have a proper Doppler Test?

David

Bakers2 replied on 14/12/2019 20:35

Posted on 14/12/2019 20:35

Tammygirl good to hear your OH saw an improvement in your BIL today, and that you feel slightly better today. Happy birthday to your sister for tomorrow tough times for her too!

I have come down with achy cold and sore throat ๐Ÿ˜ฏ my usual reaction to stressful time, surprised it's taken this long in view of the year we've had!

Friday 13th turned out quite productive, death certificate obtained, cause of death fraility with underlying issues hypertension etc! Which I did know last week. I met the farmer from mum's road at the registry office - there to register her mum's death she was in her 90's and had a granny flat in the farmhouse. 2 in the same lane, 25 houses and the church, within a fortnight. 

We collected the wills, dad's and mum's plus their enduring powers of attorney and house deeds from solicitors, dad's been gone 18 years. Decided we aren't using them after brothers house purchase....... Not decided if we'll do it ourselves but have a fixed fee appointment with solicitor on Thursday to discuss. Closed her current account, visited the undertakers to officially book funeral date 7 January at her church, ordered our flowers too. Good job it's not the week before, no flower deliveries! Announcement for the local paper and parish magazine sorted. Confirmed caterer and village hall, we have the session in between yoga in the morning and karate in the evening! Totted up numbers we think will attend and frightened ourselves!! Starting telling folks now the date's official. Spoke to the vicar to confirm our provisional date is definite, he was under the weather earlier in the week with flu like symptoms but now under the hospital for the nasty bug, but at home, sounds dreadful so those discussions on hold.

Posted Christmas cards and delivered local ones today as well as grabbing a very odd selection of items in a 'food' shop. Hopefully I'll have energy, time and whatever's required to list food required for festive period - never been this far behind, may do a 'the good life' and buy Christmas in but not from Harrod's ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ as well as sustenance for the next week.

Oh yes it was showers first thing but dried my washing later in the stiff breeze.

No wonder I'm feeling sleepy ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚

Keep warm and calm folks and keep posting it's generally nice light relief ๐Ÿ˜‰.

Cyberyacht a Wiseman, no adding silly words to Carol's.........

Wherenext replied on 14/12/2019 21:52

Posted on 14/12/2019 20:06 by nelliethehooker

It has been horrible up here, periods of heavy rain and sleet all day. We've finished writing our card so they are ready to post. Managed a couple of short walks with Flyte without getting too wet. He must have hurt one of his legs yesterday as he was hopping rather than running about and wasn't keen to go too far, so he's had plenty of time to rest his leg today. Our last night at Harrogate before we move up to Teeside tomorrow.

Posted on 14/12/2019 21:52

Here's hoping that Flyte will soon be back to his normal exuberant self Nellie. Have a good trip tomorrow.

Tammygirl replied on 14/12/2019 22:27

Posted on 14/12/2019 22:27

Thanks Bakers, its not been a good year for a number of folk on CT, I think yours has been truly testing.

Good to hear you are now managing to get things put in place for your Mum's funeral. Here hoping next year will be kinder to you and your OH. Hope you feel better soon.

brue replied on 15/12/2019 10:42

Posted on 15/12/2019 10:42

OH has gone to Argos after a special Christmas request came in on the phone from youngest grandson. Grandson must have been up very early as usual and was about to go on the beach with his Dad and the whippet. OH has gone in search of the latest piece of "long range firing equipment" suitable only for children...and their daft parents...laughing

I can hardly speak so I'm glad to be indoors, hope anyone else suffering the same makes a good recovery in time for the festivities.

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2019 10:51

Posted on 15/12/2019 10:42 by brue

OH has gone to Argos after a special Christmas request came in on the phone from youngest grandson. Grandson must have been up very early as usual and was about to go on the beach with his Dad and the whippet. OH has gone in search of the latest piece of "long range firing equipment" suitable only for children...and their daft parents...laughing

I can hardly speak so I'm glad to be indoors, hope anyone else suffering the same makes a good recovery in time for the festivities.

Posted on 15/12/2019 10:51

Good luck to him on a Sunday just before christmassurprised

After a power cut on site the early hours of Sat that took out half the site including the effluent pumps ,resulting in toilet block having to be closed, all the site staff were out at 0130 trying to isolate the cause,but to no avail so emergency sparky called at 0630 ,who then got stuck in a traffice jam so did not arrive untill after 1030  (much mutterings from some membersundecided)

The power was back on when we got back from a day out with friends in Northamptonsmile

Tammygirl replied on 15/12/2019 11:36

Posted on 15/12/2019 11:36

Bright and sunny today but very frosty. 

Off into town to collect some jeans I ordered, then to see sister its her birthday today. 

Had a really late start to the day seem to be able to sleep for Britain at the moment.

Hope you feel better soon brue.

Wherenext replied on 15/12/2019 12:00

Posted on 15/12/2019 12:00

Hope our sick passengers recover soon.

Lovely sunny but cold morning here so we took to delivering the cards around the village on the way back from a walk. MiL gave us hers but she didn't know the addresses, just the descriptions of where they lived.frown Then we picked up some from a sweet 94y.o. who can't walk far. Same thing. Addresses unknown but brief description, which were even worse than MiLs.frown  So delivering the cards took longer than the walk, plus it was good to bump into a few people and have a chat. 

Have some work to do in the garden this afternoon.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/12/2019 12:21

Posted on 15/12/2019 12:21

Ha ha, we have done the “it’s the one with the bay window, rose up the door, post box outside” run a few times as well!๐Ÿ˜‚ keeps you fit๐Ÿ˜

Good fun with Mum yesterday, I was helping her wrap her presents, all going well......then the sellotape dispenser went missing!๐Ÿคท‍โ™€๏ธ After a lot of searching, we found it. How she managed to wrap it up And fasten it with sellotape I will never know, but it provided a lot of hilarity๐Ÿคฃ All I have to do now is hide stuff so it cannot be re opened to check what’s inside! 

Wishing those with ailments a swift recovery๐Ÿ‘

We are off to a birthday bash this afternoon. Far too many of OH’s family have birthdays in December!๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Wherenext replied on 15/12/2019 14:11

Posted on 15/12/2019 14:11

Afternoon in the garden didn't last long. 30 minutes and then the heavens opened.smile 

The descriptions weren't as good as yours Ttda! We had one from the nice old lady that went:-

" George's house is the ones next to Toms."

"Which one is Toms?"

"The one next to George"

Took a little while and a lot of patience but you have to laugh.smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook