What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 15/12/2019 14:42

Posted on 15/12/2019 14:42

My Dad used to remember people by their dogs names, "you know, Buster's owner, the long haired black and white one..." laughing

JVB66 replied on 15/12/2019 15:22

Posted on 15/12/2019 14:42 by brue

My Dad used to remember people by their dogs names, "you know, Buster's owner, the long haired black and white one..." laughing

Posted on 15/12/2019 15:22

That is how I remember people, "what dog do they have?"  unless i have known them for years  without a dogsurprised

Tammygirl replied on 15/12/2019 15:31

Posted on 15/12/2019 15:31

Shopping done, jeans collected from a surprisingly quiet town, they must all have gone to Edinburgh, Dundee or Glasgow.

Then on to visit big sis, she's feeling better today thankfully, seems the  cold reached its peak yesterday. Good nights sleep and she's not coughing so much, good job as they are discharging BIL from hospital.

Seems they got to the route of the infection, not as they expected a UTI but a bug in his blood. No indication of how that happened but they are now happy that his blood count is back to within normal range and he is now sleeping eating and drinking ok. He will however be on antibiotics for a while longer. OH gone to collect him.

I'm supposed to be doing my cards but I popped on here to see what everyone is up to and I've got the tv on watching Tora Tora Tora anything other than write cards laughing

brue replied on 15/12/2019 16:56

Posted on 15/12/2019 16:56

Hope all goes well for the family now TG, quite a time you've been having. OH said it was quiet in our local town, they said in the shop (Argos)  it had been quiet the whole weekend.

moulesy replied on 15/12/2019 17:14

Posted on 15/12/2019 17:14

We've actually managed to get the whole family together for lunch today up at Dad's care home - they were most apologetic about having to put the price up to £5 for a two course meal and wine!  surprised

Nice to have everyone together, only happens about twice a year, so starting to fell quite Christmasy now (usually start that around 10pm on the 24th!).

Still to find something suitable for Mrs M, despite all the "I don't want anything special "  comments I know full well what the reaction will be if there is nothing special on the big day! laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 15/12/2019 20:40

Posted on 14/12/2019 21:52 by Wherenext

Here's hoping that Flyte will soon be back to his normal exuberant self Nellie. Have a good trip tomorrow.

Posted on 15/12/2019 20:40

Thankfully, after a good rest yesterday he's nearly back to normal, WN.

After a night of heavy rain/sleet we woke to a dry  and sunny morning, although the car's windscreen was covered in ice, and the farm drive had a light covering of snow. By the time we left all was clear and we had an easy drive up here. The N York Moors were covered in snow and there was snow along the side of the A19. Had a huge choice of pitches so straight into the one we'd used last year, the nearest to the toilet block. We were amused by a couple of M/H that went round and round and round before choosing a pitch.....too much choice I guess😁 

Hope that all who are feeling unwell at the moment are soon back to full health.

KjellNN replied on 15/12/2019 21:34

Posted on 15/12/2019 21:34

Nice lunch out yesterday for OH's birthday, working on that utility room before and after, and again today.  Only one more unit to assemble meantime, then all 3 to put in place, then we can start working on the large worktop.  Will be a lot of measuring and adjusting to get a good fit, so time consuming.

Day off tomorrow for hospital appointment and to finish writing our Christmas cards.

ABM replied on 15/12/2019 22:13

Posted on 15/12/2019 22:13

Thank you, David K, for your descriptive reply  surprised. Sorry for the delay in responding but Cards ( all done ) presents arranged with respective Cards on top, and Diary checked to see if I can feed the neighbour's Homers over New Year { of course I can } plus a short snooooooze mid afternoon to help them there cricks yell.

Best Wishes to all Ailing Folks, Travelling Folks  and Working folks  { Think that should cover most of CT with that one  wink }

Oneputt replied on 15/12/2019 22:20

Posted on 15/12/2019 22:20

I know this is about wildlife but I thought this would have a wider readership than on the what have you seen thread.

i had a notification from the Friends of Horsey Seals to say that 2 seal pups have died at Winterton as a result of human interventions.  In one case parents allow their children to chase a pup into the sea.  Pups fur isn’t waterproof and swimming isn’t natural, consequently this pup drowned.

The second pup was surrounded by people and the mother abandoned it and it subsequently died before it could be rescue.

If you see anyone interfering with seal pups please have a word and tell them to go away, and keep dogs on leads  Seals usually leave pups on beaches whilst they return to the sea to feed.  The pups haven’t been abandoned,  

Sorry for the lecture but it’s something I feel strongly about

ABM replied on 15/12/2019 22:41

Posted on 15/12/2019 22:41

100 % on your side OnePutt,  after all the wildlife programmes we have had on TV  over the years it amazes me that some folk think these creatures are just another form of free entertainment. to be used & abused  Like you it makes me LIVID !!  yell

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook