What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 12/01/2020 12:40

Posted on 12/01/2020 12:40

Had a few dry days here 😀, similar today but some showers earlier.

Plans on hold owing to bending awkwardly and hurting my back 😤 most frustrating. Have to say wheat bags are working well. Hopefully resting/pottering as well will repair it for tomorrow.

Time to play on this site today - frustrating as so many server errors almost impossible to use it..........

We did our Powers of Attorney, health and wealth, last year after it was forcibly brought to our attention by events 😉, it had been in the list! We used solicitors was about £1000 inc VAT plus the cost of registering each one, so ready for immediate use if the need arises. Less than £1500 inclusive without checking. Good advice from solicitors about joint and severally, which we have as daughter lives in NZ, ours are each other and both our children.

We re did our wills too, another £1000 inc VAT, as not complex 😯, as things had changed, in law not our wishes, over the intervening years. Including the property allowance, will be one million I believe this year 😱, where property going straight down to offspring, not that ours is but property prices are silly here!

ABM replied on 12/01/2020 13:35

Posted on 12/01/2020 13:35

Sad to hear you've tweeked your back, B2 surprised --  I've been having that trouble for yonks now, that's why I sit here with a fan heater blowing gently across my back frown.  Like you I'm hoping it's rather better tomorrow' cos the Ducky is in for it's M O T and service so I'll be needing to walk a couple of miles each way { AND it's forecasting to be wet wet wet grrrrr I just hate pop music yell }.

I had to use the " unlogged in " method to get on here -- reading posts as I wanted to then selected " My Profile " which took it's time to open but it worked eventually, as you can see  wink

brue replied on 12/01/2020 14:10

Posted on 12/01/2020 14:10

Hope your back improves B2, OH often has this problem, a slight move and then nearly immobile unless he has painkillers. 

We used solicitors for POA, I was grateful for the advice my late Mum received regarding POA so took the same route as it proved to be so useful when needed.

Will this post work I wonder?!

Visiting dog and me just having a break on the sofa, nice day weatherwise is fast turning into a not so nice one.

Hope all goes well for Nellie and re-using the injured arm/wrist.

KjellNN replied on 12/01/2020 16:17

Posted on 11/01/2020 21:32 by nelliethehooker

Did you do them yourself, Kjell, or go through a solicitor? I must get round to doing ours sometime soon. 

Posted on 12/01/2020 16:17

We used our usual solicitor, he has a "standard" text which we read through and altered anything we wanted to be different, then they were printed up, signed and witnessed, and sent to Edinburgh to be registered, which is optional and can be left until you need to use them.

For the small extra cost, at that time, this was about 5 years back, we decided just to get it all sorted immediately to avoid any delay later.

We recently also did new wills, each leaving our share of the house and our savings, directly to the children, rather than to each other.  I think the charge for that was around £400, so we reckon all we have left to sort out now is clearing out  the loft and the garage!

Freddy55 replied on 12/01/2020 16:49

Posted on 12/01/2020 16:17 by KjellNN

We used our usual solicitor, he has a "standard" text which we read through and altered anything we wanted to be different, then they were printed up, signed and witnessed, and sent to Edinburgh to be registered, which is optional and can be left until you need to use them.

For the small extra cost, at that time, this was about 5 years back, we decided just to get it all sorted immediately to avoid any delay later.

We recently also did new wills, each leaving our share of the house and our savings, directly to the children, rather than to each other.  I think the charge for that was around £400, so we reckon all we have left to sort out now is clearing out  the loft and the garage!

Posted on 12/01/2020 16:49

so we reckon all we have left to sort out now is clearing out the loft and the garage!

Blimey KJ, not planning on leaving us any time soon are you?!

JVB66 replied on 12/01/2020 17:19

Posted on 12/01/2020 17:19

We have moved from our second home to our home town, although as we are back at Ferry next Sunday we have gone on a pitch at Commons Wood rather than put the van to bed in the storage,for such a short time, and as I have a hospital appointment Tuesday (next door) it helps and the house can stay "mothballed" appart from a couple of visits to do some washing and pick up mail and my medication fron local Lloyds 

KjellNN replied on 12/01/2020 19:36

Posted on 12/01/2020 16:49 by Freddy55

so we reckon all we have left to sort out now is clearing out the loft and the garage!

Blimey KJ, not planning on leaving us any time soon are you?!

Posted on 12/01/2020 19:36

No plans Freddy, but nothing in life is certain!  My Mother lived to be 98, so I am hoping I take after her.

However, the loft, and especially the garage, will both be big jobs as we have been here 32 years and I am a terrible hoarder.  We have been putting off the clear out for years now, always something more interesting to do!

Freddy55 replied on 12/01/2020 20:01

Posted on 12/01/2020 19:36 by KjellNN

No plans Freddy, but nothing in life is certain!  My Mother lived to be 98, so I am hoping I take after her.

However, the loft, and especially the garage, will both be big jobs as we have been here 32 years and I am a terrible hoarder.  We have been putting off the clear out for years now, always something more interesting to do!

Posted on 12/01/2020 20:01

My mum was only 42, when she died (I was 17), so I guess I’m in credit.

I wouldn’t call myself a hoarder, but I do tend to hang on to things, just in casewink I really need to sort the garage out...

nelliethehooker replied on 12/01/2020 21:02

Posted on 11/01/2020 23:59 by DavidKlyne

Nellie

I have just found this on the Which website which might be a useful guide. It seems you can do it yourself but there is a registration fee or you can do it via a solicitor but you will have their fees on top which are not inconsiderable!!!

David

Posted on 12/01/2020 21:02

Thanks David, I'll read that and take note.

Thanks also to Kjell for your reply.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook