What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 21/05/2020 12:18

Posted on 21/05/2020 12:11 by moulesy

"Yes we do have a name for puppy, all will be revealed on Friday 😀"

Will be looking forward to the revelation! smile

We've never been in the position of choosing a name, Harry was youngest at 6 months when he came to us. Ralph, apparently, was called Sebastian by his first owner (only for a couple of months) - certainly don't fancy calling out that when I'm trying to recall him! laughing

Posted on 21/05/2020 12:18

One of our dogs was ready named with a name that didn't sound too good when he escaped into a big fairground one evening. The name came from the elfin kingdom, beloved by his previous elderly owner. 

Francis replied on 21/05/2020 12:51

Posted on 21/05/2020 12:51

Just watching the news and it now appears that we up here in Scotland will be falling into line with the rest of you this week. Travel restrictions etc relaxed and allowed out more. So glad it is getting really hard now and to be honest the place has for very busy here now anyway we live across from the beach and last night it was very busy. Keep looking out the window at the caravan sitting on the drive hoping to be out in it soon still we are occupying ourselves by doing research on lots of areas we haven’t victors before that hopefully we can get it later in the year.

JVB66 replied on 21/05/2020 13:15

Posted on 21/05/2020 12:10 by brue

After several years of impromptu shopping we're now back to the deliveries we had when working.

Posted on 21/05/2020 13:15

We used to have a  not just the milkman filling our jugs from his churns in the back of his pre war van    and the baker  with his big wicker basket full of bread/rolls and sometimes cakes ,plus of course the coalman with sacks on his back, there used to be a communal "pig bin"for food scraps and the dustmen carried each house dustbin on their backs

Those  were when we did not have the "problems ?" of elf and safety and other ways of spoiling thingswink

no one replied on 21/05/2020 13:38

Posted on 21/05/2020 13:38

yet another beautiful day here,

I've lost count how many days there has been since it rained!

went to the shop this morning, took the car thought I might as well top up the fuel tank the local garage owner was surprised to see me, I then realised that I hadn't put petrol in the car for nearly 3 months instead of 3 times a week!

while OH was shopping, took bramble for a walk along the old rail line. As the council havn't been out cutting grass or strimming, being Portland stone  and working Quarries the ground is normally barren like a wasteland however, the wild flowers have taken over and it is very pretty even on the roadside verges. I hope it stays this way.

a couple of pictures of the walk, enjoy -

the old rail line the station would have been behind me, on my right is a 30ft high cutting made from crumbling Portland stone

some of the wild flowers, there are yellow blue white and purple variants

view towards one of the remains of 2 windmills, they were burnt out by friction during a storm. There were 4 magpies fluttering around here, (bramble is hiding by my feet!)

Francis replied on 21/05/2020 13:47

Posted on 21/05/2020 13:47

I took the Volvo out to fill it 2 weeks ago only because diesel at our local garage was cheaper than it had been for years. Before that I hadn’t taken it to the petrol station since we were last away in the van in the middle of March.

Goldie146 replied on 21/05/2020 14:06

Posted on 21/05/2020 14:06

We're biding our time and waiting for more settled weather before silaging. I've just realised there's another Bank Holiday on the way. That seems to have sneaked up on me.

Meanwhile our son has made a short video for the "EatFarmNow" website as part of their Lockdown Learning. My husband seems to feature quite a lot.

<< WATCH HERE >>

brue replied on 21/05/2020 14:17

Posted on 21/05/2020 14:17

Nice little video Goldie, my daughter has just done one for distance learning, I'm hoping to see it soon as she's had to do a TV type presentation. I felt tempted to say get the fiddle out and add some music! wink

Takethedogalong replied on 21/05/2020 14:47

Posted on 21/05/2020 14:47

Puppy naming. A very important ritual. Even our rehomes, all but one got new names....Tina (Rottweiler, really🤷‍♀️) became Dina, then we had Meghan, Lucy (naughtiest Airedale in the World), Bingley (1996, Pride and Prejudice, but Airedale’s are also known as Bingley Terriers), the floral twins, Lily and Poppy. Then along came Chester, too thick even at eight months to know his name, now named after a famous Yorkshire landmark, and lovely Millie, who at seven when we got her, stayed Millie!

The Rabbit was Attila the Bun😂

KjellNN replied on 21/05/2020 16:25

Posted on 21/05/2020 16:25

We were up early (for us) and over at our local Lidl for the 8am opening as DD had asked if we could get a BBQ Pizza Oven for them, and we had reckoned we might get ourselves an ice cube maker as we never seem to have a flat spot in the freezer for an ice cube tray.  DD has one of those American style fridge freezers, came with the house, that makes and dispenses ice, so we have got quite used to having ice in our cold drinks.

Just as well we were there early as there was only one ice maker and two pizza ovens on the shelf, it is a very small store as Lidls go.

Was dull early on, but the sun soon appeared so it is very warm again now.  After checking the pizza oven for dents or damage, we set up the ice maker, so we now have a box of ice in the freezer which should last a few days,

The freezer is rather full at the moment, so we only had room for one x 2 litre ice cream box, so the surplus cubes were used immediately.  Quite interesting to watch how the Ice is made!

Had facetime with DD and Callum and discussed the easing of lockdown, which is not till the 28th, and it seems she may have a problem.  Teachers are to return to schools in June sometime, to prepare for the return of pupils in August, but Callum's nursery will not be open for a while, so how she is supposed to continue working  will need to be sorted out if SIL is to be in full time in June.

We understand that the schools will probably be operating with the pupils being half the time in school receiving teaching, and half the time doing set work etc at home.

We will be allowed to meet up outside with one other family, but how social distancing can be observed with a 2 year old is not yet clear!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook