What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 24/05/2020 13:21

Posted on 24/05/2020 13:21

Fortunately the new battery in the car seems to be work OK so we decided to have a bit of a run out to Central Milton Keynes, which, as it turned out is very much like a ghost town at the moment. It was only a ride! Most of the cars were parked around M&S as they have a large food hall. Very little traffic around but the various Parks quite busy. We have a cricket ground near the centre which has terraced viewing areas, today being used for picnics - easy to maintain distancing. Came back over the M1 which was pretty quiet.

David

Wherenext replied on 24/05/2020 16:09

Posted on 24/05/2020 16:09

Finally we ran out of Tolkien connections,

Surely you could have named him Gollum. I'm sure he would have loved it just as much as Flyte. Whether you two would have is a different matter.sealed " Here Gollum, good boy" Has a nice "Ring" to it.smile

moulesy replied on 24/05/2020 16:51

Posted on 24/05/2020 16:51

We've had a great day out walking along the Kennet & Avon canal and the river Avon from Freshford to Bradford on Avon and back via Westwood. Plenty of folk out on the towpath and especially at the marina. I think the last time we did this walk it was in the company of Nellie and Mrs N (and Flyte of course!) smile

no one replied on 24/05/2020 17:49

Posted on 24/05/2020 17:49

Back from our little trip out to visit my mum,

very surprised at how quiet the roads are on a very lovely day (still no rain!)

MH was running perfectly so all the bits and bobs I have done seem to have worked, there was a bit of just detectable brake pedal pulsing but this soon cleared, must of been corrosion or dust build up, we seem to be getting half the Sahara desert dropped on the Isle at the moment, there is sand everywhere!

Spent the afternoon sat in mum's back garden enjoying a cuppa and chit chat, even Bramble maintained 2m distancewink cheered Mum up no end. 

A very pleasant day, well worth 2 gallons of petrol (18mpg surprised in the old van!) and 36 mile round trip.

Tammygirl replied on 24/05/2020 18:14

Posted on 23/05/2020 22:25 by Oneputt

I got more requests for masks (24) from village folk, all made and some of them have been collected. More elastic on order and more requests for masks. πŸ‘

Well done TG.  Mrs One has now finished making scrub bags and has also started on masks for care homesπŸ‘

Posted on 24/05/2020 18:14

Well done to Mrs One, isn't it great so many folk helping others out.

moulesy replied on 24/05/2020 18:23

Posted on 24/05/2020 18:23

Just had some very good news - a phone call from Dad to say he's been declared virus free and released from quarantine! πŸ‘

But I have to chuckle because now he reckons it's affected his hearing because he couldn't hear me on the phone - he hasn't been able to hear a word we say for at least 3 years and refuses to use his hearing aids! laughing

brue replied on 24/05/2020 18:33

Posted on 24/05/2020 18:33

That's good to hear about your Dad Moulesy...(we had many hearing aid dramas with my Mum! )

ADD46 replied on 24/05/2020 18:38

Posted on 24/05/2020 18:38

Really good news Moulesy. I’m glad others have hearing problems with parents. My mother wouldn’t wear her hearing aid and I used to come away from visiting her with a banging headache because of having to shout to be heard. 😊

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook