What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 23/05/2020 15:21

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:21

Dogs are the bees knees. Great photos Bakers. Showed Mrs WN and yep, she adored her.

Got to say she's settled in rather well. Not much anxiety there, is there? 

Tootling along today in gusty winds. Apparently reached 70mph locally yesterday. Not surprised. Still windy today but sun now out again. Catching up with paperwork and sorting the filing cabinet out. A bit of shredding to do. 

Our tip opens up on Tuesday but I'll leave it until the end of the week before we go. Brown bins collected Friday but that's it until further notice. We have enough to fill them both twice over so will take them to the tip on Friday probably.

Bakers2 replied on 23/05/2020 15:22

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:01 by ABM

Not sure if it's safe to post this but :--

in about a month's time { 20th June at approx 05:45 }, the Summer Solstice occurs, then the nights start drawing in again !!laughing

( And please don't confuse me with any other posters past or present please  please please innocentcool   )

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:22

Cheeky boy ABM. It's coming up fast isn't it? My dad was born on the longest day, 2nd born 2nd son, 1st son born on the shortest day. Nothing notable about the dates of the other 5 😉

Funny when I read your post I thought I know who else would have posted that but a few days/weeks ago!

Bakers2 replied on 23/05/2020 15:27

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:27

can't believe it. Long may it continue. Blinds man said yesterday she's laid back don't think.aggression will be an issue. 

Glad others are keeping up the work ethic 👏👏

replied on 23/05/2020 15:33

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:21 by Wherenext

Dogs are the bees knees. Great photos Bakers. Showed Mrs WN and yep, she adored her.

Tootling along today in gusty winds. Apparently reached 70mph locally yesterday. Not surprised. Still windy today but sun now out again. Catching up with paperwork and sorting the filing cabinet out. A bit of shredding to do. 

Our tip opens up on Tuesday but I'll leave it until the end of the week before we go. Brown bins collected Friday but that's it until further notice. We have enough to fill them both twice over so will take them to the tip on Friday probably.

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:33

We live in Flintshire and had our token collection of garden waste after about 8 weeks ....... supposedly to reduce demand when the recycling centres reopen on 26th May smile. They are having a laugh. we have around 24 large garden refuge stacks stored out of the way and half a dozen bundles of prunings tied with cotton string. By the time that it is sensible to go to the recycle (after the initial rush) I expect that there will be around 40 bags. 

Just about to start shredding papers here as well.

ABM replied on 23/05/2020 15:34

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:34

I do have to own up to it B2 embarassed.

I was thinking of Malcolm M when I thought about it -  still concerned about him & his Lady and hoping all is going well for them and a few others -- like RubyTuesday for instance.  All caught out by 'Lockdown' whether they could cope or not.  Sad times all round, alas .

Cornersteady replied on 23/05/2020 15:35

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:35

Another very windy but warm day. Took a ride into Newcastle then out along the wonderful Hadrian's cycle way on the north shore to Wylam and back along the southern shore then to Sunniside (which btw whenever I've been there never is) and home. 

For anyone passing the Boatyard pub at Wylam they are doing a takeaway service with pints of beer being served in old plastic milk bottles.   

JVB66 replied on 23/05/2020 15:41

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:21 by Wherenext

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:41

Some of our tips opened this week an there were still big queues yesterdaysurprised 

i have had an email this morning from Herts police advising ,that the pop up virus testing station (military) is difficult to access today (only day there) because of the queue for the next door tipfrown

sorento replied on 23/05/2020 17:48

Posted on 23/05/2020 17:48

Fitted mud flaps to my 2019 knaus sun ti  front set Fiat Ducato purchased from germany ,fitted in 20 minuets well made good quality only time will tell how much they reduce splash along door bottoms and protect the motorhome body.

Also fitted rear mud flaps taken off my 2017 besseccar Caravan which had to be removed to fit motor movers , theses fitted to inner wings with very little alteration on the Knaus.

I will also need a 4ton skip after reconfiguring the garden, redecorated the whole house completely , filled all the log stores for winter ,painted shed and outdoor seating.

All this done since leaving Chatswoth cc site on 22 march.

We are all ready for the release day motorhome loaded cannot wait.

Stay safe see you soon    Pete.

Oneputt replied on 23/05/2020 18:18

Posted on 23/05/2020 18:18

Great photos M, can’t say I’m familiar with the area so nice to have a local perspective.

Another bright sunny day here albeit windy but fortunately from the SW. Morning of pottering in the garden transplanting various seedlings.

Walked over to see brother this afternoon, had afternoon tea outside his MH, observing the distancing requirements.  Worked out a better route which knocked off about a mile over last week so 9 miles there and back.  

brue replied on 23/05/2020 18:39

Posted on 23/05/2020 18:39

Having a break now, took the puppy dog out for a windy walk and that's it for the day. 

Good to hear Dora is settling in B2, the dry weather is a help, we spent a lot of time outside earlier in the year when it wasn't quite so nice. Our little dog looks a bit more grown up now but she will always be smaller than our cat. (Who thinks she is some sort of weird kitten, so puts up with her climbing on him and disrupting his long snoozes. )

OH put a lot spare plants out on the driveway and they've all gone. smile🌱🌱🌱

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook