What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

moulesy replied on 23/05/2020 18:59

Posted on 23/05/2020 18:59

We have just enjoyed a "zoom" 70th birthday party for Mrs M's  (older wink) sister and OH. It's a great discovery that you can have a party on zoom - less folk to share the prosecco with!  πŸ‘

moulesy replied on 23/05/2020 19:01

Posted on 23/05/2020 19:01

"For anyone passing the Boatyard pub at Wylam they are doing a takeaway service with pints of beer being served in old plastic milk bottles."

2 litre bottles I hope! They'll never notice. laughing

Tammygirl replied on 23/05/2020 19:34

Posted on 23/05/2020 19:34

Very windy last night, didn't get a good sleep.

Wet and windy this morning and for most of the day, sun is put now though and the wind appears to be not so bad.

I got more requests for masks (24) from village folk, all made and some of them have been collected. More elastic on order and more requests for masks. smile

OH not done a lot today, he's having a day off. His hip seems to be a bit  better. 

nelliethehooker replied on 23/05/2020 21:58

Posted on 23/05/2020 21:58

Good to hear that OH's hip is feeling better, TG.

We've had it very windy for 2 days now and although it was supposed to decrease this evening it hasn't happened yet. Was dull today, but not too cold when we got out of the wind. Didn't do a lot spare from our walks with Flyte. Did notice that the wind had blown a fence covered in a rambling rose over and that had demolished a large part of the wall that the fence was attached to. Looks like an expensive repair job.

B2 OH loved the photos of Dora, and said that if we had a male one like that we would have to call him Aloysius, after Sebastian Flyte's teddy bear. 

no one replied on 23/05/2020 22:15

Posted on 23/05/2020 22:15

Still dry and windy,

wind speed should ease a bit overnight I hope. didn't get to take Bramble out today as the horse stable owners are refencing the paddocks.

Spent the afternoon pop-studding the new carpet down in the MH so it shouldn't move and be easy to take out if needed for cleaning/shampooing etc. I also did some touching up of the cab exterior, being an old girl she needs a bit of make up to hide the (rust) wrinkles) now and then. Also fitted a new fire alarm downstairs in the house.

I think we are going for a drive in the MH tomorrow (20 miles) to visit and catch up with my MUM from a distance, might put a smile on her face cool

Oneputt replied on 23/05/2020 22:25

Posted on 23/05/2020 22:25

I got more requests for masks (24) from village folk, all made and some of them have been collected. More elastic on order and more requests for masks. πŸ‘

Well done TG.  Mrs One has now finished making scrub bags and has also started on masks for care homesπŸ‘

ABM replied on 23/05/2020 22:30

Posted on 23/05/2020 22:30

Rajohno,

Hope you find her fit, well & pleased to see you young Sir  !!

heddlo replied on 24/05/2020 09:09

Posted on 23/05/2020 14:15 by Bakers2

Despite not liking the books ir the films, OH loved the films, and still watches them with the DVD's.

On our first visit to NZ 2009 we visited Hobbiton, Matamata. Totally as it was left. We were amazed to be told that the trees were ?plum and should have been apple? So silk leaves were flown in from China and hand sewn onto the trees for authenticity and a large oak behind, not the party ground one, was discovered, nearby and shipped in for filming and it too had leaves stitched on as it was dead 😱.

Yes milliehull we did call in on our son to collect cage and other bits. We too sat in the garden for a cuppa and a stare with him. Hopefully my moderated post including the days events will appear in due course! 

Glad you managed a stare with your family πŸ˜€.

I can't believe this puppy, long may it last!, but I fear OH activity levels may not increase as hoped photos of today's activities. Still no mess in her cage and goes out to wee and poo if the door is open!

Today's activity thus morning, lunchtime, turned breezy enough for a gust to upended her bed and toys in the garden so we all took shelter! So far it's only letting me add 1 photo! Bear with me

Posted on 24/05/2020 09:09

The puppy looks very sweet B2.  Very chilled!  What is her(?) name?  I must have missed that post.   Good luck with it all, and I’m sure you will both get many years of love and companionship from your new charge. 

brue replied on 24/05/2020 11:04

Posted on 24/05/2020 11:04

Out for a walk this morning, hot in the sun, cool in the shade, nice day!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook