What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 02/06/2020 22:04

Posted on 02/06/2020 22:04

Fine day, warm with a light breeze this morning but it did cloud up during the afternoon. Out a little earlier this morning for our walk, so playing fields were less busy, then I went out on the bike around some of the local lanes and then back along by the coast for over 2 1/2 hrs this afternoon. 

Glad that you are feeling a little better brue, and hope that you are successful in getting a test sent tomorrow.

Hope that we get some rain tonight, and not during the day tomorrow.

Oneputt replied on 02/06/2020 23:02

Posted on 02/06/2020 23:02

Grandtwins went back to school today, they had a great time with many of the lessons outdoors and not quite as formal.  Distancing practised at all times.  They were happy as they were back together in the same class but obviously reduced numbers.  The school is rated outstanding and that shows in the way the staff treat the children.  All round seems a successful return, long may it continue

Bakers2 replied on 03/06/2020 06:18

Posted on 03/06/2020 06:18

Oneputt that's great news. Life is so much easier when it's warm and dry 😉. Are they to go every day? 

If children are lucky enough to come from a good home where they learn, often without knowing, their biggest miss has to be the social interaction. 

Our daughter's class child returned to school yesterday,  2 weeks after they went back. She said she got the biggest hug and all his classmates were pleased to see him. He's deaf so she is employed mainly to assist him ( she has sign language qualification but sign language isn't universal 😲) and a few children with English as their 2nd language as well as a teacher aid - it's not just here that they want everything from you! She was sad to learn he didn't know he'd had a birthday and is now 8 😢😢. 

Greyer this morning but certainly not cold!

Enjoy your day folks.

Ps lots of neighbours beginning to get return to work details and dates. Not all will be as full time as they were as social distancing not possible, so 4 days, shifts etc with reduction in pay. Hopefully less tax and NI won't make it too bad.

Oneputt replied on 03/06/2020 09:03

Posted on 03/06/2020 09:03

Are they to go every day?

Yes B2, and they are happy with that.  There are 4 sets of twins in their year and I think they are all in the same class which obviously mitigates a little more of the risk.  Daughter has 4 tons of topsoil to move to the back garden as they are trying to make it more suitable for 21st century living with a young family.  The rear extension is totally finished and after the garden sorted the front extension will startsurprised

Bakers2 replied on 03/06/2020 10:15

Posted on 03/06/2020 09:03 by Oneputt

Are they to go every day?

Yes B2, and they are happy with that.  There are 4 sets of twins in their year and I think they are all in the same class which obviously mitigates a little more of the risk.  Daughter has 4 tons of topsoil to move to the back garden as they are trying to make it more suitable for 21st century living with a young family.  The rear extension is totally finished and after the garden sorted the front extension will startsurprised

Posted on 03/06/2020 10:15

Busy busy busy. Sounds like lockdown for them was useful 🤣

Each school coping in their own way, not sure what's happening locally. The local junior school is the biggest in the county! They have 6 class intakes each year 😱. The site hasn't expanded since ours went there a few years back😉 so no idea how they'll cope if they all return!

milliehull replied on 03/06/2020 10:35

Posted on 03/06/2020 10:35

I have had so many server error notices on here in the past few days that I lost the will to live and gave up!

Going back to a previous discussion - we have never insureed any of our cats or dog. We got caught out when Millie was 4 as she was hit by a car and her back leg was broken. Very expensive, but we just cancelled all our holidays that year - she was worth it and made a wonderful recovery. I still think we made the right decision as we would have paid out far more in insurance premiums than we did on that one operation.

We have had a lovely few days with socially distanced family visits either in their gardens or ours. Eldest grand-daughter, her partner and great-grandson had a socially distanced afternoon in our garden yesterday. The last time we had seen him he was 6 weeks old, now he is nearly 5 months. Gosh what a change.  He is very smiley and sociable. So lovely to see them. None of our grandchildren are back at school - they are all the wrong age. A couple of them might go back at the end of the month if all goes according to plan and people behave themselves. I just despair when I see all the photos and news footage of crowds of people on beaches and in parks, and that gathering in Trafalgar Square makes me want to bang all their stupid heads together. 

I hope you manage to get a test soon brue and that is comes back clear.  Take care and hope you feel better soon.

OP, Well done to your daughter ad SIL. What an achievement and they will end up with a lovely family home when it is all done.

JVB66 replied on 03/06/2020 10:57

Posted on 03/06/2020 10:57

WE have not had insurance for our last two rescue dogs ,but there is a Nationwide account that we £25 pound into each month, it is quite healthy now,  and is not a lost amount of money ,as with insurance premiums even though it was used fro our last collie,but even with insurance there is normally a payment before they pay out,,

Wherenext replied on 03/06/2020 11:09

Posted on 03/06/2020 11:09

Woke to a strange sensation. Hark, what's that I hear? Gentle Rain spreading it's goodness into the soil and grass. Well, it started out as gentle but soon became a bit heavier. Just beginning to ease a little now so we may be able to get out and about soon.

Nothing much planned for today. Have quite a bit of paperwork that's been ignored due to the good weather so might get around to doing that. Feels like a day for a stew so I'll probably do a Chicken Tagine with Quinoa. Same thing only different as MiL likes to say.

I think the younger children will be a lot better at the social distancing so it's good to see Op's Grandkids back at school. There are 2 young ones opposite us, one is 4 and the other has just started walking. The 4 y.o. told me the other day that she has to keep away from people. She's like a coiled spring when Grandparents call around. Dying to jump and hug but can't. I just wonder what sort of lasting image it will leave. I hope they'll be able to act like normal young children soon before the idea of distancing becomes too entrenched.

milliehull replied on 03/06/2020 11:37

Posted on 03/06/2020 11:37

I am very envious WN. No wet stuff here, just grey with a chilly breeze. Nothing much planned for today and I can't seem to settle into doing anything either frown

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook