What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 03/06/2020 17:55

Posted on 03/06/2020 17:55

Good to hear you got good cupcakes B2, DD uses that recipe all the time and gets a lot of praise for her cakes!   She makes wedding and birthday cakes, for far too little money, for her friends and work colleagues, always using ghe same recipe, it has never failed yet.

Today we delivered stuff to DD and picked up stuff she had for us, then had a 30 minute chat while she ate her lunch, she on the back doorstep, we on our camping chairs on the driveway.

Just before we left, Callum woke from his nap, so we got to see how tall he has grown and have a little  chat.  He had lots to tell us, but did not seem at all upset that he could not come and hug us, so that was good.

Maybe we will be allowed to visit again and sit in the garden.  He was very enthusiastic at waving goodbye, and throwing us kisses.

On the way home we stopped off at M&S to  buy a treat for lunch, and a few bits that are now in the freezer.

Tammygirl replied on 03/06/2020 17:56

Posted on 03/06/2020 17:56

None of the wet stuff here today but we did get a nice long slow soaking overnight. 

Decided to tackle one of the holly bushes, (no nesting birds) I've let it get out of hand over the last 5 years so this morning it got cut down by almost half. The brown lidded bin is now full of it and it will get shredded when OH has time. 

OH is making  one part of the front garden into a driveway for the caravan to go in, he has made the gates smile really nice job I have to admit. Today he started removing the fence that is currently there. He has had to secure our next door neighbours, as the chain link bit runs right across both properties. Big job will be to remove all the bushes that are growing in that area frown

I've made more masks today, I've had to work out another design as the material the person gave me was rather thin and flimsy but she wanted them made from it. Its lovely material but oh boy not easy to work with. Anyway now all done and I think they look great.

Tomorrow is shopping day so up and out early wink

Bakers2 replied on 03/06/2020 18:17

Posted on 03/06/2020 17:44 by KjellNN

Why not use a sprinkler JVB?

Posted on 03/06/2020 18:17

I've soaked our garden with a hosepipe regularly but youd never know it. No water meter 😉

nelliethehooker replied on 03/06/2020 19:55

Posted on 03/06/2020 19:55

We had rain over night but the pavement was dry when I went out just after 8:30, and no more rain during the day. In fact the sun came out in the late afternoon and it's still shining now. We could certainly do with another good downpour tonight..

The usual midmorning and afternoon walks, and then shopping this evening. No queues for us, except at the tills, however there was a queue of about 50 cars snaking round the car park waiting to get served at the McDonald's drive through!!!surprised

We had a good long chat with our daughter last evening, and she's all ready for their shops to open. In fact they've had people banging on the doors thinking that they've opened already, having seen lights and people working inside, and many phone calls asking about them opening. They will be limiting  numbers into the shops, and restricting access to certain areas, and no unaccompanied 16yr olds or under. I think that she is looking forward to the experience as she may be the one on the door!!

KjellNN replied on 03/06/2020 19:55

Posted on 03/06/2020 18:02 by JVB66

On a water metersurprised

Posted on 03/06/2020 19:55

You can afford it......think how much you have not spent by not being away on Club sites!

Bakers2 replied on 03/06/2020 20:13

Posted on 03/06/2020 19:55 by KjellNN

You can afford it......think how much you have not spent by not being away on Club sites!

Posted on 03/06/2020 20:13

🤣🤣🤣

DavidKlyne replied on 03/06/2020 20:54

Posted on 03/06/2020 14:35 by brue

ADD46. We had some Betty's Fat Rascals in the post a few weeks ago, a nice treat!

Still trying to book a Covid19 home test kit. The main gist appears to be that the website say kits are available and when you get to the end of the application and you're given a code number no tests are available. Looking a bit further into things it says " Even if you are successful in your application you might not get a test !! " (Who thought that one up?) Someone has told me to keep going but I think ten goes is enough? 

I might try late at night, rather like a supermarket delivery slot application...

Meanwhile I feel a bit better than I did on Monday. smile

Keep clean and carry on!

Posted on 03/06/2020 20:54

Brue

Might be an idea to email your MP re the lack of a test?

David

DavidKlyne replied on 03/06/2020 20:58

Posted on 03/06/2020 20:58

Had our first hiccup with Waitrose online today as we tried to amend tomorrows delivery (normally  permissible up to midday) Website kept going off line, sounds familiar!!! So we won't be getting the half dozen extra items we added today. We always do our main amendment two days before delivery and not had problems before! Was concerned at one stage we had lost the lot!!!

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook