What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 19/01/2021 16:54

Posted on 19/01/2021 16:54

Not an easy day as we had to get the motorhome in and out through narrow gaps in local roads due to all the cabling work going on, but it passed the MOT ok and I did see a bit of the outside world. wink

Had a long chat with a friend in Suffolk, booked in for her jab this week so it's good to hear this is happening now and our ancient neighbours are booked in locally next week for theirs...only they couldn't get in together so two separate journeys.

OH has been making a shelf to fill in the empty space in our kitchen, we managed to find some wood that matched the original wood counter top above. The wood arrived yesterday evening. Unfortunately OH totally confused the delivery driver who phoned to find his way in the dark. OH thought it was another family phone call asking for DIY help and answered "Captain Courageous here, what do you want to know now..." embarassed

moulesy replied on 19/01/2021 16:58

Posted on 19/01/2021 16:53 by JVB66

No signs of the heavy rains yet? if it does i think it will just run off as ground full of water already

Postie dropped off letter advising MOT on car due next month and special offer if serviced as well  which makes for a bit of a quandry the car has only done 1377 miles since last service/mot is a legal  but what about a service We would normally have done 8or9000  with a caravan on the back for many of those miles ,do i miss a service and save about £150?

Posted on 19/01/2021 16:58

You'll have saved well over that  £150 on fuel and site fees alone, JVB. Worth getting the service done for peace of mind when you can start touring again I'd have thought. surprised

brue replied on 19/01/2021 17:01

Posted on 19/01/2021 16:57 by ABM

Ah  !! Did the driver think it was another Amazon Pain call, perhaps  wink

Posted on 19/01/2021 17:01

I think he was foreign and probably thought "another mad Englishman!" wink

JVB66 replied on 19/01/2021 17:11

Posted on 19/01/2021 16:58 by moulesy

You'll have saved well over that  £150 on fuel and site fees alone, JVB. Worth getting the service done for peace of mind when you can start touring again I'd have thought. surprised

Posted on 19/01/2021 17:11

Ps sorry the car is over 7yrs old so no warranty with  36369 miles on the clocksurprised 

and being at home the fuel bills have gone way above what we normally pay and we have worn out the dishwasher and one of the induction hobs hotplatesfrown

moulesy replied on 19/01/2021 17:13

Posted on 19/01/2021 17:11 by JVB66

Ps sorry the car is over 7yrs old so no warranty with  36369 miles on the clocksurprised

Posted on 19/01/2021 17:13

All the more reason to invest getting it serviced then! 🚘

Bakers2 replied on 19/01/2021 19:20

Posted on 19/01/2021 19:20

We've had a dry day, well few mizzle bits in the air, with a stiff breeze! Decided this was the driest it will be for some time so Dora and I went to the local estate for real fresh air and a good run. Wonderful to be amongst greenery and trees and very very few people. Not sure who came home dirtiest 😱🤣.  At one point I picked a wrong bit and my foot sunk as deep as my walking boot and yuk oozed in, and there was a very satisfactory sucking noise when I managed to get my foot out. I managed to stay upright 🤣🤣. Once home I hosed her down with the garden hose first, she wasn't keen and I don't blame her it was cold ❄❄ to remove some mud. Then OH took her to bathe her in lovely warm water and give her a really good clean, took a while for the water to run clear! Meanwhile I hosed my boots and my waterproof coat.........

Got quote for new PCB, I'd looked up our accounts and found it was £300 5 years ago and I was pleasantly surprised that the quote including fitting is only £50 more. Someone coming tomorrow to advise and quote for new boiler. I call that great service. Meanwhile the boiler thermostat appears to be making a difference radiators feeling much warmer, I cranked up the room thermostat to test 😉. It seems you need to be in benefits for grant's, we are lucky enough not to be, but it will bring it up tomorrow.

TV still playing up so new one coming Thursday and will be delivered, set up including our virgin box connection, DVD player etc and old one removed for recycling.

😉 OH already hyperventilating 🤣🤣

Bakers2 replied on 19/01/2021 19:23

Posted on 19/01/2021 18:21 by JVB66

There is a chain driven camshaft ,so no belt to snapwink i am trying ro make excuses not to have it servicedundecided

Posted on 19/01/2021 19:23

JVB it's only money, you can't take it with you!

You bill's maybe higher indoors but no fuel or site fees for touring, no entrance fees, few treats etc etc. Help the economy and be sure your vehicle is as safe as it can be.

nelliethehooker replied on 19/01/2021 21:02

Posted on 19/01/2021 21:02

It was raining when I took Flyte out last thing last night and it not stopped since then, so it's been 4 walks so far in the rain and more to come. Thankfully we've not had much wind so have been able to use a brolly so far, but strong get winds forecast over the next couple of days.yell

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook