What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rufs replied on 23/01/2021 11:39

Posted on 23/01/2021 10:56 by Rocky 2 buckets

Same here, thick hoar frost & freezing fog then up came the sun & it’s all gone🤷🏻‍♂️. There’s still no warmth in the sun mind🙄

Posted on 23/01/2021 11:39

Ditto for most, but warmth from sun was ok, sat and watched the world go by for a wee while this morning, not many people about as yet, but will be busy PM, SAR just coming into land at Daedalus airfield, not much sailing taking place just now so i think they just take it our for a spin most days to ensure it works

Wherenext replied on 23/01/2021 11:56

Posted on 23/01/2021 11:56

Getting quite heavy snow at the moment. Settling on the ground.

Our Energy supplier went into Administration in early December, typically just after Direct Debit went out. Ofgem transferred us to a new supplier, Scottish Power. I've only just received details of the new account with them. Ironic that they couldn't talk to me until I had an account number but I couldn't get an account number until they sent it!!

They have estimated our Gas Usage at 10% of the true amount! So I already have queries with them. I have been advised not to transfer to another supplier, by MSE no less, as my Original supplier owes me money so if I transfer it will get lost in the system. Apparently the Administrator can put the money into the new account with the supplier or might send us a cheque but no-one knows which it will be. Aaghhhhh.....yell

I really dislike dealing with energy companies (and banks).

KjellNN replied on 23/01/2021 12:07

Posted on 23/01/2021 12:07

Lovely sunny day here, 25 degrees in our front room due to sun shining directly in.

Call from DD.........would  we like to come after lunch and take Callum to the park for an hour or two?  
So that is our afternoon sorted.  Think she wants some peace and quiet to get on with her painting,  Just hope it stays sunny.   Better go and dust off his car seat and put it back in the car.

Bakers2 replied on 23/01/2021 12:26

Posted on 23/01/2021 12:26

So jealous of this sun folk's claim is in the sky..........

Cold and grey again, getting colder as the day ages, now only 2c as against 3.5c at 8am. Still its dry! Decent dog walk, she had a good run and we did road walk checking river levels - full. We both came home dry and clean but still needed a paw wash to remove salt!

Chatted to neighbours seems they should move Tuesday, apparently Covid measures its exchange and complete in the same day now. They've been moving stuff into storage for ages, I guessed so 😉. Both working in professional jobs from home so nowhere to store boxes whilst video conferencing!, and 2 children to educate at home at the mo - certainly don't envy them.....

OH had has jab, I dropped him and sat in the carpark, our doctors surgery, very well organised 4 volunteers guiding (thanked them all and said it wouldn't be so much fun in the rain 😀)  at that point, I was surprised at traffic movement far less than I would have expected! OH said well organised inside and he was 25 minutes which included his walk, slow, to and from the surgery.

Stay safe and warm folks

Takethedogalong replied on 23/01/2021 15:31

Posted on 23/01/2021 15:31

Nice but cold here today. We have decided on a work day in fresh air. Team Chop is on log cutting and stacking this afternoon. Good exercise and plenty of fresh air. The canine team member is indoors, he doesn’t mix well with the chainsaw, too likely to head in to grab a stick!😱 Got loads of wood, some aged ready for use, some will go into dry store, some will be stored outside but covered. We have two big stacks at end of garden that will be ready for next Winter.

Bonus of the day, just had a female Blackcap on feeders😁

Cornersteady replied on 23/01/2021 16:20

Posted on 23/01/2021 16:20

A perfect winter's day, sunny, cold, but cloudless and no wind. Just a family walk (from home) to Cox Green then along the river bank under the Victoria railway bridge and back for tea and cakes.

I did feel a little guilty as we had cream eggs on the bridge, does that count as a picnic? 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 23/01/2021 17:21

Posted on 23/01/2021 11:56 by Wherenext

Getting quite heavy snow at the moment. Settling on the ground.

Our Energy supplier went into Administration in early December, typically just after Direct Debit went out. Ofgem transferred us to a new supplier, Scottish Power. I've only just received details of the new account with them. Ironic that they couldn't talk to me until I had an account number but I couldn't get an account number until they sent it!!

They have estimated our Gas Usage at 10% of the true amount! So I already have queries with them. I have been advised not to transfer to another supplier, by MSE no less, as my Original supplier owes me money so if I transfer it will get lost in the system. Apparently the Administrator can put the money into the new account with the supplier or might send us a cheque but no-one knows which it will be. Aaghhhhh.....yell

I really dislike dealing with energy companies (and banks).

Posted on 23/01/2021 17:21

I am totally online WN, I control what I pay, I give them the readings I then work out my costs with the tools they supplied(standing chg & kWh😊) it’s totally transparent there’s only me that can goof it🤷🏻‍♂️

Wherenext replied on 23/01/2021 17:31

Posted on 23/01/2021 17:31

I am usually tge same Rocky but have had the rug pulled from under my feet. After 7 weeks of waiting they finally gave me an account number so I have been able to work out annual costs on correct usage and email them. Told them no charge for doing their work.smile Just get DDM right please.

Have also given them up to date readings so no excuses.

We'll let things settle down then look around as there are no exit fees.

I'm glad Ofgem step in if existing supplier goes down so the customer is protected. Actually would have been easier if I had owed them money. Happy to settle up but could have moved myself away straight away.

Never mind, there are worse things to worry about at the moment.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook