What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 22/01/2021 19:40

Posted on 22/01/2021 19:40

I can't remember that but if it was then yes. Likewise no children when we went, in fact very few folk in I seem to recall, but it was a long time ago. We are terrible or good museum users depending on where you stand. We certainly explore and read as much as they've got on display. Often being the last to leave. Never overstaying I know how hard it is to clear overstayers when you want to go home!

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 22/01/2021 20:56

Posted on 22/01/2021 17:17 by Bakers2

Yes it's a smart TV. We haven't used DVD for years and years, but OH memory not what it was, claims he'd watched something in last couple of months 😉.

We have Virgin so record on that. Just renewed Virgin for 18 months, wished I had read my crystal ball better...... but heyhoe iys only money and we ain't spending it on much else - unless you count, TV, boiler new toilet 🤣🤣

Takethedogalong dog prices are crazy at present, I do hope the breeders are declaring their profits to HMRC 😯. OH cousin has agreed to buy golden lab puppy ready early February, no black ones - around a litter they were inline for all 10 were still born 😢😢,  they lost one of their black one last summer 😢. Having agreed breeder upped price a couple of weeks later, her husband was all for saying no way but she's had a stroke and like my OH finding recovery tough so decided they'd pay the sillier money. I believe the breeder is a vet! Dog thefts are frightening and something I'm very aware of when walking our cockerpoo! I love the tale of your BIL's dog and grooming 😱. Couldn't agree more on poodle show styles 🤣🤣🤣

JVB good news on your jabs. If you've only bought a basic microwave it should be fairly straightforward. Everything is more expensive to repair than replace and then some folks wonder why we're trashing the planet 😤

We've both mastered, dont be too cocky!, our new TV remote.

Posted on 22/01/2021 20:56

Wahey👍🏻, you’re on the ball Girl-enjoy😊

DavidKlyne replied on 22/01/2021 21:01

Posted on 22/01/2021 17:53 by Goldie146

Talking of vaccinations - we had the vet here today. She said she’s getting trained to give the jabs in the new vaccination centre that’s being setup. ( Town centre shopping centre - not many shops open at the  best of times).

re washing up with a long AI glove on my bandaged arm - only a partial success as it sprang a leak, but it kept my dressing dry. I’ll have to throw it out, but having just paid some bills I know they are only about £10 a hundred

Posted on 22/01/2021 21:01

Don't you wish you had a dishwasher nowsmile

David

nelliethehooker replied on 22/01/2021 21:52

Posted on 21/01/2021 22:12 by ABM

Snow cleared in Crewe -- indeed by the time I'd posted that it was here { 24 hours ago } it was more or less over wink.  but threats of more of everything 'orrid for sometime next week -- typically the crikit test v Sri Lanka starts tomorrow at about four in the morning { no singing puleese surprised } so all chance of  lazy mornings will be long gone when it  starts falling frown

Posted on 22/01/2021 21:52

Hope you enjoyed the first day, Brian. Was just listening to "When an old cricketer leaves the crease" by Roy Harper, when I read your post, how very appropriate.

ABM replied on 22/01/2021 22:34

Posted on 22/01/2021 22:34

OI,  Who are you calling an Old Cricketer Please  ??  Might be getting older by the minute, but very few who watched me perform { Lower order bat, Occasional 'keeper, bowled 'Flighted Filth'  as Alvin Kallicharran was accused of ! } would ever dignify me with the title 'Cricketer'  I can assure you  sealed.

Seems strange to listen to commentators working from home over a match in Sri Lanka.

Freddy55 replied on 22/01/2021 23:24

Posted on 22/01/2021 21:52 by nelliethehooker

Hope you enjoyed the first day, Brian. Was just listening to "When an old cricketer leaves the crease" by Roy Harper, when I read your post, how very appropriate.

Posted on 22/01/2021 23:24

Hmm, Roy Harper, one of my ‘folk’ heroes 🙂

brue replied on 23/01/2021 09:05

Posted on 23/01/2021 09:05

My sister got her Covid jab yesterday she went along with my BIL for a late appointment at their local surgery and asked if they'd do her too and they agreed. Worth asking if you're going together.

Rufs replied on 23/01/2021 09:13

Posted on 22/01/2021 16:52 by JVB66

Both had our vacine jabs today ,both went in together so only one set of questionswink,and one appointmant card with batch number on( so looks as if we will have to  get along for next  12 weeks (16th Apri)surprisedwe had the Oxford/Astra zenica

Microwave would cost more to mend than a new one (it is/was15yrs old)cry i had just learnt how to use itfrown

Posted on 23/01/2021 09:13

Lucky you....still waiting for ours, we have a ferry Portsmouth-Caen booked for 13th Mar, going to have to knock that on the head as judging by your dates we will not have had 2nd vaccination until late April/early May, France kicking off again re blocking our imports so might just give that a miss in total this year.

Had to renew rear wiper on OH's car yesterday, cost me £140 yell, went to Halfords, charming young lady asked if she could fit it for me, steady nowwink, wiper blade that is, of course i said yes, then she asked me the usual, when due for service, mot etc, as they are some way off she asked if i would like a mini service £15, so like a sucker i said yes, turned out battery was almost knackered, had been a bit dodgey starting but put it down to cold, £104 for new battery, fitted of course, suppose cant complain too much battery is 15 years old, them South Koreans do make things to last. 

Even if it did cost  me £140, it was a pleasant half hour and hopefully it will help to keep somebody employed.

Wherenext replied on 23/01/2021 10:10

Posted on 23/01/2021 10:10

Quite a bit of the white stuff falling.

The roofer turned up as planned, made a few of those inward sucking noises, usually means it's going to cost more than you thought.

Funnily enough Brue I was thinking that there will be a few no shows today due to the weather so I might be cheeky and ask if they want to get rid of one when I take MiL this afternoon....smile

replied on 23/01/2021 10:15

Posted on 23/01/2021 10:15

I reckon it will be hail next WN.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook