What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 24/02/2021 20:17

Posted on 24/02/2021 20:17

Still not good on here☹️No chance of trying to catch up with everyone’s news, but I hope everyone is ok. We got confirmation of our cottage today, so that’s  something to look forward to later in year. I have re jigged one of our Club bookings, and will cancel one when website is behaving better, plenty of time to do it.

Been nice here today, decent dog walk this morning, then at long last our new curtains have arrived and been put into place. Ordered before Christmas, they were completed early January, but I put off fitters because of lockdown, but today was the day. Managed a good few hours in garden as well, which is tidying up nicely, lots of things showing now. Finished off with a short pooch walk this evening, so all in all a very nice day😁

nelliethehooker replied on 24/02/2021 20:21

Posted on 24/02/2021 16:10 by Wherenext

I use Fenwicks Francis. I seem quite happy with it. We've tried all sorts including the dry cleaning stuff.

Managed to get away with a fairly dry day despite the forecast being for rain all day. Had to cancel a few of our Scottish stops after the announcement yesterday so trying to activate a Plan B.

Managed to book a 4 night stay for all 3 of us in a cottage in the Peak District towards the end of April.  MiL has had her last 3 holidays cancelled due to the Covid restrictions so we feel it important to try and get her away.

Posted on 24/02/2021 20:21

I too use Fenwick's, both their Caravan Cleaner and then follow that with Bobby Dazzler, it does the job as far as I'm concerned.

Shame about some of your Scottish sites, WN, hope that you are able to at least get to the others. Good news about the cottage, though.

I was wrong about the forecast for today, as it's been even worse than I expected, having rained all day.yell

Tammygirl replied on 24/02/2021 20:52

Posted on 24/02/2021 20:52

Sorry to hear about your Scottish trip WN, if I could have got on here earlier I would have suggested hanging on a bit as things could change by mid March when she has another review. Today she took a lot of flack from the tourist industry.

We still have our trip in place for the end of April fingers crossed.

We have spent a frustrating couple of hours setting up a trip for May, going up the west coast around the top and back down the east to Inverness, then home towards the end of the month. Most of the sites sorted just need to call a couple of CLs tomorrow, only 1 C&MC site and 1 C&CC site. 

Looking to do Cumbria, Northumberland, Yorkshire and a bit of the peak district in June/July. Really don't think we will get to France before September.

Bit of a mixed day today, a little light rain,  a bit of sun but mostly a grey dry'ish day not to cold but a bit windy pretty typical sort of day at this time of year here. 

Food shopping this morning at Aldi, then I went to Tesco and bought a new set of saucepans for the house smile sorted out the pans in the caravan and MH so all good there. Need a trip to IKEA at some point when we can as I want to get a few more of their glass plates/bowls, we have a few chipped ones in the caravan. 

Trying to do anything on here just now is very frustrating its that slow.

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2021 21:13

Posted on 24/02/2021 21:13

Thanks Tammy but I don't like uncertainty or relying on any politician. I know they change their minds at a drop of the hat but I didn't want to get to the stage of not having something else in the bag and I didn't want to string other CL owners in Wales and England along. Plus I wanted to give sites up in Scotland as much time as possible to get alternative bookings in. There's always next year. Well, not always but hopefully.undecidedsmile

There's a strong possibility that Mrs WNs second jab will interfere with the proceedings anyway.

I've got a nice CL in Northumberland booked for 4th.June for 5 nights that I might cancel if I can't get something I like in the Lakes the week before to make it worth the trip. I'll let you know just before I cancel it if you want.

Francis replied on 24/02/2021 21:58

Posted on 24/02/2021 21:58

Thanks WN and Nellie for the feedback on the Fenwicks cleaner looks like it will be good I did get the Bobby Dazzler too which I’m looking forward to trying to see if we can get some of the shine back on the van.

TG - I agree with you I have a feeling she will move faster especially on the tourism side of things she definitely seemed rattled about that today and as I said last night in here I do know that they employ people to look specifically on social media to judge public opinion and judging by the comments on there last night she wasn’t a very popular lady. We are hoping to get away a bit earlier but if not then Berwick in May will hopefully be our first trip out this year.

ABM replied on 24/02/2021 23:32

Posted on 24/02/2021 23:32

Francis,

When you have tried out the Fenwicks let us know please 'cos the moment Wee McBurnie says it's safe you will have queues such as only Sainsburys and Waitrose get normally --  and all of us all asking for a Wash n Polish puleese  

Takethedogalong replied on 25/02/2021 08:51

Posted on 25/02/2021 08:51

Cancelled our booking for Moreton mid June. It clashes with our cottage booking, but I have got a pitch booked for late July instead. More expensive though☹️

Tammygirl replied on 25/02/2021 11:48

Posted on 25/02/2021 11:48

WN, perfectly understand your reasons, hope you still get to have a good tour. Thanks for the offer of the CL if you don't use it, isn't those dates half term week in England (we don't have that one in Scotland)

Managed to get a booking at one of the CLs we were after smile cant get an answer from the other one and no machine to leave a messagefrown will just have to keep trying. There is little choice on the north coast so can't wait around to long. 

Francis, I'm hoping she does change the dates, a week earlier and we would be fine for our triplaughing can't see any reason for her delaying things as the numbers are the best in the UK, she is certainly getting flack from all sides just now.

Brighter day today and dry so far, might get out for a wee cycle ride, need to get the legs and seat back into actionlaughing

Working on a June trip now as can't see us getting to France. OH has a big birthday in July we've been looking at cruises but still not sure yet if I'm ready for that, could be a nice CL on the Moray  coast insteadlaughing

brue replied on 25/02/2021 12:01

Posted on 25/02/2021 12:01

In some ways the delay in the announcement from Scotland is holding up things for everyone, I'm sure there'll soon be a move in the right direction. A pity this is holding everything back when things are looking more hopeful (I know everything could be knocked back anywhere in the UK but we're hoping not.)

I'd had my eye on a cottage in Cornwall but it was fully booked, bar a few long weekends at eye watering rates so I managed to get a long weekend at a slightly cheaper rate in November...should be nice and cold and quiet by then but we'll be ok...laughing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook