What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 25/02/2021 21:44

Posted on 25/02/2021 21:44

Think you are right about seeing other people Brue.

I know when we had just stay local in Wales and MiL could get to see a dear friend of hers. They'd arrange a meeting sitting on a bench in the churchyard, take away coffee and cake, both of them wrapped up against the wind, chatting away mostly about crafting. The difference in her for the following week was palpable.

Had a busy afternoon organising some breaks away and getting a walk in whilst the sun was still out.

Freezer now back on. Have to do the other back up one tomorrow.

brue replied on 25/02/2021 22:02

Posted on 25/02/2021 22:02

No Brian...wink  (brain malfunction, had to think about that for a few minutes!) I have to say it was very friendly and everyone was helpful as most were new to Zoom.

Some had very long hair, that was quite funny after not seeing them for a long time! 

Oh for the hairdressers to re-open.....👀

Takethedogalong replied on 26/02/2021 08:44

Posted on 26/02/2021 08:44

Stunning morning here. Our wacky weather has struck, it’s like a Summer’s day. Early walk for pooch, I am off to our local tip to dump some garden rubbish, then it’s a cycle ride for us.😁 First time out together for ages, just hope I can keep up😬

Rufs replied on 26/02/2021 08:56

Posted on 26/02/2021 08:56

"Tammy, not sure when half term is but I think (just) that it's from May BH to Friday 4th.June. Don't quote me though. I'm sure someone will know exactly when it is.

That's what I thought so no going on sites until the 6th then"

got a site booked 1st june thru 18th June, not CAMC, just 17 fully svcd pitches adults only tucked away in Cornwall, 20 minutes from the shore, so just far enough away from the maddening crowds laughing

Half term in Hampshire looks to be the 1st week in June for most schools

Cxld our over there trip, dont see much point travelling all that way if you are not allowed to travel until mid May/June , I saw a date of 17th May when International travel will possibly be allowed, France could be ok but Spain for us is a no no.

Beautiful day, but very frosty morning, caravan keeps looking at me and saying "clean me" yell

cyberyacht replied on 26/02/2021 08:57

Posted on 26/02/2021 08:57

TG wrote: 'Give me the ease of Europe any day'

Couldn't agree more. Trying to get a row of sites fixed up for a tour in the UK is decidedly stressful and time-consuming.

Garage has just phoned. Moho's MOT, service and campbell change all done. Just shy of £800. surprised

Ambient temperature sensor has been on the blink and under-reads by 10 degrees. Apparently Fiat only sell the whole mirror assembly. yell Might learn to live with the "possible ice on road" warning.

Tammygirl replied on 26/02/2021 11:15

Posted on 26/02/2021 11:15

Couldn't agree more. Trying to get a row of sites fixed up for a tour in the UK is decidedly stressful and time-consuming.

Isn't it, this club has the best system by far with no deposits required but you pay for in the end with the price of the sites.

C&CC work out less expensive but if sorting a tour only staying 3 nights, it works out very expensive on deposits and much harder if you change your mind about length of stay or even site change. Having to go back to the booking centre (which you currently can't get a hold of) is so time consuming and frustrating.

I love CL's but am reluctant to book one if there is a chance that my plans could change (they often do) as I don't like messing them around.

With a slim chance of France being viable for June I am in a pickle as I don't want to book up and pay deposits if we can go, however I don't want to go if we have to mess about with tests out and back. Oh what a predicament.

Still I have 1 site booked for June with this club every thing else will have to work around that if we don't go to France.

TTDA, yes Yorkshire will be very busy. Not sure if we will make it other than to visit our son and family (we stay on a CL owned by friends) other than that we will just take our chance. IF I get stuck I will give you a shout wink

I'll be glad when we get back to something resembling normal laughing

Sun is shining its pretending its summer (no chance not warm enough yet) off out into the garden now to give the soil a tickle and fluff laughing 

KjellNN replied on 26/02/2021 11:59

Posted on 26/02/2021 11:59

We have pretty much decided that we will not be taking the caravan abroad again, mainly due to the cost of insurance at my age, so OH is muttering about MHs again.   We were discussing it with DD and SIL the other day, and they are keen on the idea of a MH, but have no money for one!   The in-laws were also considering a MH, not sure how a "communal MH" might work though, especially on insurance with multiple drivers.

OH was looking at something smaller than we looked at 5 years back, quite a few around 6m available with drop down beds that can sleep 4 when necessary, and that have 4 travel seats, but DD has raised a question about fitting child seats.......do MHs have Isofix mountings?

A small MH would not entirely solve the problem of insurance abroad, but might mean we would not need such expensive cover as OH would be OK with driving, and both DD and SIL could also drive it, unlike the car/caravan.

DD was saying they would like to take the children to our  (former) house in Norway ( still in the family and available for us to use), and wanted us to come too.   A MH would mean we 2 could make a good holiday out of the long trip there and back, and they could fly and have the use of the MH while there to see more of the  country.  I doubt however that this would be before 2023 or even 2024, so plenty of time to consider the options.  And unfortunately also plenty of time for things to go wrong health wise at our age!

OH was following SteveM's discussion on buying a MH on another thread, and this prompted her to raise  the idea again.  Our main problem is there are few dealers around here, and also that we would want an automatic.  

LLM replied on 26/02/2021 12:24

Posted on 26/02/2021 08:57 by cyberyacht

Garage has just phoned. Moho's MOT, service and campbell change all done. Just shy of £800. surprised

Ambient temperature sensor has been on the blink and under-reads by 10 degrees. Apparently Fiat only sell the whole mirror assembly. yell Might learn to live with the "possible ice on road" warning.

Posted on 26/02/2021 12:24

Campbell.  The mind boggles.  Spell chequer again? laughing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook