What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

SteveL replied on 27/02/2021 17:40

Posted on 27/02/2021 15:19 by KjellNN

That is interesting Steve, is it a wet room style or a swing wall?

We have been very spoiled by the shower in our caravan, it is a walk in style that sits in one corner, so is very big.

https://www.caravanguard.co.uk/news/sterling-eccles-elite-searcher-529/

Posted on 27/02/2021 17:40

It’s a wet room style with a sectioned screen, that when extended curves round screening the basin and loo, magnetically sealing against the doorframe. Works well, everything stays dry outside the screen, with the exception of the shower tray. The bathroom floor is one big tray with two drainage points. Move a cloth about with your foot when you finish showering and it is fairly dry. I suspect getting something as spacious as you have in your caravan might entail going above 3.5 tonnes.  Not something we wanted to do.

JVB66 replied on 27/02/2021 18:11

Posted on 27/02/2021 18:11

After very frosty and misty start ,it has been a very warm sunny day ,managed to get grass cut ,in between Rosa walks , many folk out walking ,and quite a few new dogs it seemed  that Rosa had not met before surprised

Tammygirl replied on 27/02/2021 18:22

Posted on 27/02/2021 18:22

Nice dry day here again today, bit more clouds at times but still very nice to be outside all day.

Gardening for me this morning, I got all along the long back border smile

OH was busy in his man cave doing things laughing he also rolled out the canopy on the MH and gave that a clean. 

This afternoon we went for a nice walk down to the Mill, river Tay now dropped by about 10ft, still running fast. Couple of canoeists out on the water and some fishermen.

Bumped into friends who used to live over the back from us, they moved to a different area of the village and our paths rarely cross these days, so we had a good chinwag. Our eldest used to do out with their eldest for a while when they were teenagers. 

Bakers, sorry to hear you are still feeling tired, I hope the tonic works and you are back on form soon. 

Takethedogalong replied on 27/02/2021 20:29

Posted on 27/02/2021 20:29

Well, I didn’t manage to get into the garden. Forgot we had arranged to go and pick up Mum’s birthday present. Seller had all sorts of issues with PO, so contacted us to see if we would like to collect it, which we duly did. Not far, but I did find a lovely water garden nursery to pop into. Got some lovely new plants for pond, aquatic compost and new baskets to sort out existing plants. Could be a froggy day tomorrow😂 The little blighters are getting frisky now....

Wherenext replied on 27/02/2021 21:06

Posted on 27/02/2021 21:06

Wish we could get to a nursery or garden centre. All closed at the moment. Need quite a few new plants this year plus some bark and soil and wellies and new bird bath and....

Takethedogalong replied on 27/02/2021 21:56

Posted on 27/02/2021 21:56

I was astonished it was open to be honest, this one doesn’t sell food, other than for Koi Carp😂 Never been before, got what I needed though. I shall be having fish nightmares tonight, huge carp lurking in lovely ornamental pond. Personally I would have outed the fish and had it as a swimming pond👍

KjellNN replied on 27/02/2021 22:33

Posted on 27/02/2021 17:40 by SteveL

It’s a wet room style with a sectioned screen, that when extended curves round screening the basin and loo, magnetically sealing against the doorframe. Works well, everything stays dry outside the screen, with the exception of the shower tray. The bathroom floor is one big tray with two drainage points. Move a cloth about with your foot when you finish showering and it is fairly dry. I suspect getting something as spacious as you have in your caravan might entail going above 3.5 tonnes.  Not something we wanted to do.

Posted on 27/02/2021 22:33

No, we do not want to go above the 3500kg either.     We realise that the shower will have to be a bit of a compromise compared to what we have now, but would only go for one which we considered big enough.  Hopefully we will be able to go and stand in some examples within the next year.    

Having removed a fixed bed from our requirements,  there does seem to be a few smaller vans with a reasonable shower room/dressing area, which would be our preference.

brue replied on 28/02/2021 10:55

Posted on 28/02/2021 10:55

Another blue sky day, we went for an early walk together (most of the time we do solo walks, OH does more than me usually.) No-one around, quiet roads, one plane spotted in the sky. Just enjoying the last of the air pollution free days until the school traffic gets going once more. One week to go...

OH has gone to collect some potting compost etc from a local garden centre, asked him to bring back two more bird boxes as we have a lot of house hunters round here. Two blue tits have already started to make one box their home, lots of tapping round the entrance hole.

It's nice now but will it be the usual cold or snow at the beginning of April?!

Back to the van for me to finish the clear out and clean up. I did wonder, do we really need solar dragonfly fairy lights and a windmill.....laughing

Have a good day folks, whatever you are doing.

Tammygirl replied on 28/02/2021 13:49

Posted on 28/02/2021 13:49

Grey day here not so inviting to work out doors, so having a lazy day.

Will take a drive into town soon, need to drop something off at my sisters, go for a walk and pop up to Tesco to look for a new toaster. Ours seems to have a problem. When we put the bread down it won't stay down just keeps popping back up.

Rufs replied on 28/02/2021 14:20

Posted on 28/02/2021 13:49 by Tammygirl

Grey day here not so inviting to work out doors, so having a lazy day.

Will take a drive into town soon, need to drop something off at my sisters, go for a walk and pop up to Tesco to look for a new toaster. Ours seems to have a problem. When we put the bread down it won't stay down just keeps popping back up.

Posted on 28/02/2021 14:20

When we put the bread down it won't stay down just keeps popping back up.

check the fuse , that is what they are designed to do when there is no power present laughing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook