What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 27/02/2021 11:41

Posted on 27/02/2021 11:41

Which van do you have David?

Kj

We have a Bailey Alliance 66-2 which has two single bunks and an end bathroom. Unfortunately Bailey don't do an automatic version unless they decide at some stage to swap the Alliance from the Peugeot base to the Ford cab and chassis which they use with the Adamo. The Alliance range is fairly well equipped and they have models in all sizes and configurations and most have pretty decent payloads. Some pictures of the inside of our van here 

David

Takethedogalong replied on 27/02/2021 12:41

Posted on 27/02/2021 12:41

Gorgeous morning here. It’s hairdressing day for us. Zip over with clippers for OH, mine is more complicated, but doable at home.

Garden I think rest of day, too nice to be indoors. 

DavidKlyne replied on 27/02/2021 13:00

Posted on 27/02/2021 12:39 by Takethedogalong

That Maxx fan is a good idea, not seen one of those before.

Posted on 27/02/2021 13:00

Road Pro fitted it for me. It just replaces the mini Hiki over the kitchen. Didn't think air con could be justified but the MaxxAir draws cool air in or pumps hot air out. It's thermostatically controlled by a remote.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 27/02/2021 13:13

Posted on 27/02/2021 13:13

Sounds good. We have a big heki over middle of roof, but small one over kitchen end๐Ÿค”Mind, our van might not be sophisticated enough to take one. Great idea though.

Just booked a gorgeous CL in Cotswolds, our kind of place. A racing stables, so very interesting. Love being around ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ˜

Ne10 replied on 27/02/2021 13:22

Posted on 27/02/2021 13:22

Kj 

If you like the layout of the Adamo, check out the Chausson 640.   Not as plush, but loads of room and payload and is available with a Ford 170bhp automatic.   Separate end washroom with lots of room and storage.

KjellNN replied on 27/02/2021 15:19

Posted on 27/02/2021 10:36 by SteveL

Yes, we would of course buy what suits us best, and a decent, separate, shower is top of the list as we do pretty much use our caravan one all the time, that was where most of continental MHs we looked at 5 years back fell down. The separate showers were mainly rather cramped.

We had a separate sower in our Bailey caravan and were looking for similar in a MH. However, the Hymer that suited us in all other respects had a combined unit. Having used it a fair bit on Aires and as a result of covid, we are very pleased with it. The design is excellent and in shower mode much larger than the separate one in the caravan. 

Lovely day here, must get out in the garden. The birds will be pleased, a new supply of fat balls arrived this morning. They have been looking at the empty holder somewhat forlornly.๐Ÿ˜‚ We ordered them and a bag off seed from Vine House Farm yesterday. Had an email from DPD last night saying they would be delivered Monday. Turned up at 7:37 this morning. Fortunately OH was up and about.

Posted on 27/02/2021 15:19

That is interesting Steve, is it a wet room style or a swing wall?

We have been very spoiled by the shower in our caravan, it is a walk in style that sits in one corner, so is very big.

https://www.caravanguard.co.uk/news/sterling-eccles-elite-searcher-529/

Wherenext replied on 27/02/2021 15:38

Posted on 27/02/2021 15:38

Just come in, as Ttda said too nice to be indoors so both my car and Caravan washed, occupants walked, garden had a couple of hours tidy up and elderly neighbour has had his greenhouse roofs seen to. The apex was leaking so metal upside down guttering screwed in place on top of them to prevent water ingress.

He and his wife had their second jabs yesterday. Things moving along nicely here. Still waiting for first jab for Mrs WN. My fault for marrying someone so young. 

She is currently painting a cow! One we met in a field near the centre of Oxford one year. Oil painting has kept her sane this year. Normal years might see 3 maybe 4 oil paintings in winter appear, this year she has over a dozen hanging around drying off (or oiling out as she terms it). Most of us need some sort of hobby or pastime to make lockdown bearable and her hobby is certainly making it more bearable for me.laughing

KjellNN replied on 27/02/2021 15:50

Posted on 27/02/2021 13:22 by Ne10

Kj 

If you like the layout of the Adamo, check out the Chausson 640.   Not as plush, but loads of room and payload and is available with a Ford 170bhp automatic.   Separate end washroom with lots of room and storage.

Posted on 27/02/2021 15:50

That looks to be a really nice van, though a bit longer than we were thinking of, so that does reduce the payload.  

Not sure  what would be the minimum payload we should aim for, but presumably the more the better.

brue replied on 27/02/2021 16:15

Posted on 27/02/2021 15:38 by Wherenext

Just come in, as Ttda said too nice to be indoors so both my car and Caravan washed, occupants walked, garden had a couple of hours tidy up and elderly neighbour has had his greenhouse roofs seen to. The apex was leaking so metal upside down guttering screwed in place on top of them to prevent water ingress.

He and his wife had their second jabs yesterday. Things moving along nicely here. Still waiting for first jab for Mrs WN. My fault for marrying someone so young. 

She is currently painting a cow! One we met in a field near the centre of Oxford one year. Oil painting has kept her sane this year. Normal years might see 3 maybe 4 oil paintings in winter appear, this year she has over a dozen hanging around drying off (or oiling out as she terms it). Most of us need some sort of hobby or pastime to make lockdown bearable and her hobby is certainly making it more bearable for me.laughing

Posted on 27/02/2021 16:15

Me too, outside in the garden and cleaining inside the van bit by bit...I think a lot of people will be surprised when they step into their vans after such a long break, I've had to strip everything out but at least it's nearly done. 

Nice to enjoy painting WN, our daughter cheers us all up by putting her efforts on line for us all to see.

Sad to see the final farewell to Captain Tom, so many people have been through similar during Covid.

Wondering just how loud the 8ft bomb in Exeter will sound. I was unfortunate enough to hear an IRA bomb go off in the 70s, very very loud....so loud that visiting friends never appeared again, not a huge loss in the circumstances and they weren't even having to live in the area!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook